PDA

View Full Version : Router help

Skuda
Jan 26, 2004, 06:01 PM
I don't know how to get the IP setting for my new router. I can get to the error 102 screen and that I need to re-check my Ip setting. does anyone know how to check them for my router?

PS: The router is not at all conected to the computer and it works fine accept that I need the settings. If I were to connect it to the computer, I'd need a 30 foot long cat 5 cable to get to the computer.

Rich_T
Jan 27, 2004, 02:15 PM
What type of router is it?
is it a plaion router, that conects to a modem or network, or is it a DSL router/modem that conects to the DSL part of a phone line?

I use a combined router/modem that has four ethernet ports on the back, and a socket for a lead that conects it to the DSL plug on a DSL microfilter, plugged into a phone socket.
it is set up as follows;

Region: UK

Provider: All

Service Name: Dynamic Address

Service Description: PPPoA, UK Settings, NAPT, DHCP, DNS

if i turn any of the last three off in the a service description, i cant connect to PSO on my gamecube, although i can connect with my P.C, and to X box live.

All my gamecube settings are on automatic, as the router asigns each device IP addresses etc as it comes on the network.
You can get long cat5 cables, i use a 25 meter cable to connect it to my main P.C, a 15 meter cable to another P.C and two 15foot cables to conect it to a gamecube and an xbox.

edit- most typos removed.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rich_T on 2004-01-27 11:16 ]</font>

gallaugher
Jan 28, 2004, 10:29 AM
I don't really understand the question. If you need to check the IP settings for your router you need to log into it. You can do this from any PC, just follow the instructions that came with the router. You might also be able to do this from the game cube browser. By default, the router should have DHCP enabled which means you'll be assigned an IP, subnet mask, etc.