PDA

View Full Version : PSOX-US: Inept cable company or glitch in servers?

OriginalLacan
Jan 27, 2004, 04:20 AM
From the day PSOX came out, up until mid november, I enjoyed pso without the worries of being disconnected or the lagging I was so accustomed to during the dreamcast days.

Ever since then, after signing on for the first time, I get disconnected about 45 seconds after touching foot on ragol, and then I'll usually be fine the rest of the night. (unless I'm doing challenge mode, in that case I'll DC 3/4 through the stage)Other nights, I might get DC'd 3 or 4 times in 2-3 hours.
Lagging is a frequent sight, bad enough at times to have people jumping all the way across rooms, and swinging at walls before magically appearing in other rooms.

Has anyone else been having trouble or is this just being caused by my inept, overcharging cable company?

oeagrus
Jan 27, 2004, 08:51 AM
Hey, I had this exact same problem up until around September. There were two causes in my case...
1) my cable line had voltage going through it, which means that some component in my house was grounding itself using the cable line. Still haven't really found the culprit.
2) my clip (the plug that physically plugs into my Xbox connecting it to my router) must've been faulty. Even though this little device I have said that it was fine, I kept getting disconnected until I snipped off the end and reaffixed another.

So, try running a line straight from your cable modem into your Xbox. If you get no disconnections, then at least you'll know it's a wiring problem and not a server or Xbox problem.