PDA

View Full Version : Bedysh Special

Flint
Jan 27, 2004, 07:37 AM
How exactly does the special work? I've discovered that you need 20 PB to do the attack and that it drains the guage completely but i was wondering if having more than 20 make the attack stronger or hit more? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Hrith
Jan 27, 2004, 07:44 AM
No, It will only last longer, not be more powerful, it has the power of a weak attack.

The similar TSUMIKIRI J-SWORD special has the power of a heavy attack.

It you are to use it, just make sure there are up to 12 monsters nearby.

Flint
Jan 27, 2004, 08:39 AM
But still only hits once? well that sucks... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif
Why should i only use it if there's 12 enemies nearby?

Butoden
Jan 27, 2004, 08:41 AM
It hits multiple enemies! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Hrith
Jan 27, 2004, 09:33 AM
Note that using the special at 100 PB will allow you to combo with it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I said up to 12, the more the merrier http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kefka on 2004-01-27 06:34 ]</font>

Eeyore
Jan 27, 2004, 11:23 AM
It's still a waste of PB. Why didn't it keep the charge special from V2? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

LoreSeeker
Jan 27, 2004, 12:08 PM
It didn't keep the charge feature from V2 because Sonic Team is weird like that. It's kinda like how ST made a glitch for everyone to dupe with. Who knows?

Primrose
Jan 27, 2004, 12:47 PM
I think its good that they have changed the special, as Vjaya already has charge special it wouldnt make much sense to have another Partisan with that special attack.
I personally like the idea of having such a unique special attack, it gives the game more variaty.

If i remember correctly its not 100 but 80 that you need to execute a full combo, not sure though, i cant double check since i lost it due to data corruption a while ago. But ill get into details soon, as im working on some corrections for the item database.

Eeyore
Jan 27, 2004, 01:13 PM
chaos is on a lot of special weapons. I don't think they ever changed any of chaos weapons to something else. It just seems that ST nerfed several of the special weapons that had charge, berserk or spirit specials.

Genoa
Jan 27, 2004, 06:18 PM
oh please, it's just PB, not like its HP or TP. The only good PB's in ult are the S/D and Estlla. (for solo) Besides, most attack PB's don't kill the enemies... then when the PB is done, and they were already surrounding you, they pwn you the second after the animation.

Nai_Calus
Jan 27, 2004, 07:38 PM
On 2004-01-27 15:18, MegamanX wrote:
oh please, it's just PB, not like its HP or TP. The only good PB's in ult are the S/D and Estlla. (for solo) Besides, most attack PB's don't kill the enemies... then when the PB is done, and they were already surrounding you, they pwn you the second after the animation.

Yet another n00b who wouldn't know a PB chain if I pulled it off on him...

Fuckin' LEILLA is good on Ult if you're using it to have a unique PB in a 4-way combo. >P Golla is good, whatever, just as long as somebody does Mylla&Youlla, the other 3 can be whatever and don't have to hit anything.

HP? Resta. TP? Fluids. PB? Go get beat around/deal a shitload of damage. Hmm. Which is less useful, the HP/TP I can restore instantly, or the PB it takes a while to build that will eventually if used properly get me S/D that's over freaking L30?

Um, duh?

Soukosa
Jan 27, 2004, 07:42 PM
PB chains can be hard to pull off since everyone has to have 100 at the same time. Since everyone pretty much gains PB at different rates, someone's going to have 100 PB before everyone else. Personally, I find PBs to be annoying unless I'm playing lower leveled char or a droid and I have M&Y available to me. Otherwise, they're just covering up my R palette and redending anything I have there, useless. Also, lowering your HP can get you killed and fluids cost alot, especially if you're a FO with a ton of TP were difluids barely restore it.

Genoa
Jan 27, 2004, 08:04 PM
On 2004-01-27 16:38, Ian-KunX wrote:
Yet another n00b who wouldn't know a PB chain if I pulled it off on him...

Fuckin' LEILLA is good on Ult if you're using it to have a unique PB in a 4-way combo. >P Golla is good, whatever, just as long as somebody does Mylla&Youlla, the other 3 can be whatever and don't have to hit anything.

HP? Resta. TP? Fluids. PB? Go get beat around/deal a shitload of damage. Hmm. Which is less useful, the HP/TP I can restore instantly, or the PB it takes a while to build that will eventually if used properly get me S/D that's over freaking L30?

Um, duh?

gee, to do a PB chain, you have to have other players (oh my, wouldn't have thought of that) I'm the most solo player I know. All my friends "grew outa of pso". And I don't play online. Sure PB Chain is good, it's kinda hard to make a chain when there's only one of you! It gets to near lvl. 50 S/D with Mylla&Youlla when sychro and i.q. are maxed. I know, i'm not frickin stupid. PB's are almost useless when playing solo. M&Y and Leilla are good for androids regardless of the # of players. But i'm a FOmar (most of the time) and i'm solo. I have maxed lvl. disks (god/techs) so my S/D is better than M&Y solo. Same with my reseta. Estlla and is my only good PB on that and he only does about 1000 something. I can do more in a combo. And though only HUcast/caseals can only use the Berdysh, I still say PB (solo) is not needed much, especially if you f***ed your MAG and got crappy PB's.

btw, I like how you say the HP and TP can be restored, then you say how you get PB from getting beaten around and dealing alot of damage. If you get beaten around, you can restore that lost HP (omg, just like you said!) your a genuis, congratulations.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MegamanX on 2004-01-27 17:06 ]</font>

Hrith
Jan 27, 2004, 08:11 PM
On 2004-01-27 09:08, LoreSeeker wrote:
It didn't keep the charge feature from V2 because Sonic Team is weird like that. It's kinda like how ST made a glitch for everyone to dupe with. Who knows?

Because it was too uber.

And Vjaya's special is not Charge.

Genoa
Jan 27, 2004, 08:16 PM
... pardon? (quite sure it is...)

Hrith
Jan 27, 2004, 09:36 PM
Nope, it is a powerful attack that costs 10000 Meseta whether you hit a monster or not.

"Charge" is a powerful attack which costs 200 meseta with every monster hit, and does not look the same, by the way.

Primrose
Jan 28, 2004, 12:58 PM
Yes youre right about Vjayas special, and thats a detail i wanted to point out while doing the corrections for the database. There are plenty of unique special attacks and abilities, Berdysh being one if the most known to us but it still differs from the Tsumikiri J-Swords special, even though its just in the details, its nice to have details pointed out somewhere.
I Wanted to say something about Vjaya's special attack: to compensate with the drawback of draining 10000 Meseta whether hitting an enemy or not, and the fact that it takes away 10000 Meseta and not 200, the weapon comes with a much more damaging special.
A Charge special would do approximately 3x normal damage, while Vjaya's special does approximately 6x normal damage.
So, you still want Berdysh to have the charge special?

Soukosa
Jan 28, 2004, 01:07 PM
This is what I have for the Vjaya in my own item database: "10000 meseta is consumed to do triple damage to multiple enemies". I personally think it's cool that the Berdysh has such a unique special attack to it, although it kinda stink that only HUdroids can use it.

Primrose
Jan 28, 2004, 01:39 PM
On 2004-01-28 10:07, Sounomi wrote:
This is what I have for the Vjaya in my own item database: "10000 meseta is consumed to do triple damage to multiple enemies". I personally think it's cool that the Berdysh has such a unique special attack to it, although it kinda stink that only HUdroids can use it.

In that case that would be wrong, as a hard attack doubles the damage dealt, while a charge attack triples the damage dealt.
Vjaya actually triples the amount of damage of a hard attack, meaning it sextuples damage.

Soukosa
Jan 28, 2004, 01:53 PM
On 2004-01-28 10:39, Primrose wrote:
In that case that would be wrong, as a hard attack doubles the damage dealt, while a charge attack triples the damage dealt.
Vjaya actually triples the amount of damage of a hard attack, meaning it sextuples damage.

Actually, a normal attack is .9 times the base damage and a hard attack is 1.7 times the base damage, so a hard attack is not twice as strong as a normal attack. I simply refer to the amount of damage the special does in relation to the hard attack.

Primrose
Jan 28, 2004, 03:17 PM
I know that its not exactly double the damage, thats why i used the word approximately. I didnt get that much into details. But even using your formula (in the past i have always been using the normal attack = 1 and hard attack = 1.9) it still does not triple the amount of damage a hard attack does, in fact it does more. But i shall do some maths somewhen in the future, which need some more details such as ATP variations.

Soukosa
Jan 28, 2004, 03:30 PM
Well, I'll change it to "10000 meseta is consumed to execute an attack that has three times the power of a strong attack to multiple enemies" to get it more correct after I adjust some things with the structure of the database.

Silly_Putty
Jan 28, 2004, 07:13 PM
Wow. If the berdysh still had charge, then pinkal could of been used for something. Vjaya is too expensive to use all the time.

Zarana
Jan 28, 2004, 07:31 PM
I never thought I'd see the day where people were posting that PB combos are a waste of time. Do you even play this game? Holding a PB until at least one teammate gets theirs is just common courtesy.

doubletake123
Feb 10, 2004, 09:03 PM
the more pb you have the more combos u can make and with each new attack another domb come out especially useful for taking out mothverts and its little flies