PDA

View Full Version : EP3: Ep3: To Buy or not to buy.

ShadowsMinion
Jan 27, 2004, 09:53 AM
Hey I just wanted to get some opinions on whether or not you ppl are going to buy Ep:3. So heres a poll on where you stand. So choose when and if you are going to get it. Thanks.

SpikeOtacon
Jan 27, 2004, 09:56 AM
I'm not too impressed by it's concept still.
give me my avatar back.

Zaneatron
Jan 27, 2004, 10:15 AM
oh ffs. fucking refresh, and after i thought i may have sorted it :S

this should be in the ep3 forums for a start.
there is also this wonderful magical place called Japan where this game already available, and many people who post here already own a copy of the japanese version.
even I have a japanese copy, and i really like the game, and would reccommend it to anyone.

I also doubt youll be able to rent this game, seeing its supposed to be played online, then you get the issues with access key and serial number. so i doubt it willbe available for rent.

and spike, billyfresh had (and still has, i think) that avatar, so hands off his avatar i believe http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

edit: what is "i dont want to start over" supposed to mean? its a completely different game, of course you have to start a new character...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zaneatron on 2004-01-27 07:17 ]</font>

ShadowsMinion
Jan 27, 2004, 10:22 AM
It means if you aren't getting it because your lazy and you dont want to have to start over again with a new character

Zaneatron
Jan 27, 2004, 11:19 AM
but this is a different game, your supposed to have a new character. defeats the point of them making a different style of gameplay.

Link00seven
Jan 27, 2004, 12:03 PM
Lets not turn this into a flame topic...

I recommend Episode III to anyone though, it's a great new addition to the PSO series.

Silver-X
Jan 27, 2004, 12:20 PM
Well, if you can rent it, do it!

HUnewearl_Meira
Jan 27, 2004, 12:33 PM
I intend to pre-order it within the next week or two. So when it's released, I'll already own it.

Heck, I pre-ordered the JP version, as well as the special "Episode III" card from Hori. I'm considering ordering a second card for the US version.

Sedric
Jan 28, 2004, 01:48 AM
I voted "Over my Dead Body"

I played enough card games already, and I don't need another one, even if it's beloved PSO.

End of story.

Arislan
Jan 28, 2004, 02:15 AM
You do realize that's flamebait, right?

In any case, having played several CCGs, I'm not too fond of the whole genre myself, but this one blends one of my favorite genres, that of the tactical turn based stragegy, and throws cards in as a random factor to shy away from the simple strategic mix of games such as World in Flames, Shining Force, Shingen the Ruler, and the like. Really, give it a shot if you get a chance, you may very well be pleasantly surprised.

-STE-
Jan 28, 2004, 05:51 AM
I voted i dont want start over again because it had 0 votes : )

Arislan
Jan 28, 2004, 06:23 AM
Given the amount of time you've put into the JP version, I don't blame you for choosing it in any case.

Olorin
Jan 31, 2004, 09:15 PM
I have tried and tried to get myself interested in Ep III but I just can't do it. "Its a #$%^@! card game!" I have read everything I can about it, but I just don't have any interest in that at all. My main reasons for not liking it are:
1. No Adventure whatso ever.
2. Only use the character you make in lobbies (so much for becoming attached to my character).
3. Everything is a card.
So I am 99% sure I won't get it. I will however continue to play Ep I & II.

Arislan
Feb 1, 2004, 09:28 AM
1) No Adventure whatsoever

If you mean as in running around and whacking things, no. It's replaced with a FF Tactics/Ogre Battle/Shining Force style grid based strategy system. If you mean it has no plot, you're dead wrong. Ep 3 has more plot than Ep 1 and 2 ever did and does.

2) Only use the character in Lobbies

This may seem a disadvantage at first, until you realize how the game plays. I'm SOOO glad I'm not stuck with using only a HUmar for Hunter-side, likely with no special abilites. Instead, if I have another deck idea/strategy, I can take the cards I have for some other character and use it to create an all new idea. This is actually a good thing when you start playing, trust me.

3) Everything is a card

And everything in Episode 1 and 2 is a box. At least you get to use enemies in this. Don't even start to tell me that they aren't boxes, since you can see the items on your character, since it's the same in Ep 3.

Blatt4Life
Feb 1, 2004, 02:15 PM
I voted that I am going to get it the first day that it is released for GC in Michigan. I enjoy card games plus it looks pretty good. Some of my friends that were not into ep1 and 2 are getting online for ep3, so that will make it more fun for me http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif