PDA

View Full Version : Dumped by Lesbian

SpikeOtacon
Jan 27, 2004, 01:37 PM
yes that's right ladies and gentlemen, my girlfriend is a lesbian! And not only a Lesbian, but a TAKEN lesbian. Apparently she had a lesbain lover for two months, and didn't have the nerve to tell me. So today her Girlfriend IMd me telling me this:

Hi...umm...you dont know me
but like, Im melissas girlfriend, I dont know how to tell you this but she's a lesbian
so could you just like leave her alone, please?
seriously man
we've been together a long time
it will be four months on the 30th

And she went on to tell me how my other Ex (toya) was lesbians with the both of them! What the fuck?! I mean, I have no problem with lesbians, but THIS is fucking rediculas. My girlfriend has another relationship with a girl that she won't give up for me! So she dumps me right then and there, afraid to choose who she really felt for. So she went with her lesbian lover and has left me in a state of mind so upset that death actually sounds like fun.
I mean, to think...I loved her! I gave her my trust, and she knew it too! I told her about my personal things, and she never mentioned it, NOT ONCE! And then for her to still not tell me, and tell her girlfriend to tell me to fuck off...

KaFKa
Jan 27, 2004, 01:45 PM
wow... thats just... wow...

Shimarisu
Jan 27, 2004, 02:53 PM
She isn't a lesbian, she's a bi...................................tch.

- Shimarisu

Black000Moon
Jan 27, 2004, 02:53 PM
lesbos must get something 'put in them' that is a part of a guy so they can be straight again. and you can't trust girls, they lie.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Black000Moon on 2004-01-27 11:54 ]</font>

-Luke-
Jan 27, 2004, 02:56 PM
Wow...that really sucks muchos ass. Keep moving though. If they couldn't tell you that, and didn't appreciate what you did for them, they aren't worth your time. I'm not saying they are wrong for being lesbian, but they coudl have been nicer instead of telling you to fuck off cos they had been going on behind your back...
Luke

ABDUR101
Jan 27, 2004, 03:11 PM
Maybe she did'nt tell you because she hasn't "come out" yet? Ever think of that?

Maybe those in your neighborhood aren't appreciative of such things, or maybe her parents would give her a tough time.

Either way, now you know. So the relationship is over, you know for sure it's over, you can move on.

As for death sounding fun, hah. Don't turn it into a drama, you're not exactly the first person who dated a lesbian and then got dumped.

Soukosa
Jan 27, 2004, 03:11 PM
I can understand to a degree as to why she couldn't tell you. Same goes for how she could have dated you. I also think that some of the above comments are too much (especially Black000Moon's). Maybe you should lay off the relationship stuff for a bit. You're still young so it's not like its a life or death situation if you're in a relationship with someone or not (if it really ever is).

Inu_Ranma
Jan 27, 2004, 03:53 PM
A similar thing happened with my ex. I sympathize.

anwserman
Jan 27, 2004, 05:04 PM
Oh, something else - don't think it was your fault for her sexuality. Most people who get dumped by somebody who is gay feels that it was their fault. And think about it this way - it was never destined to work in the first place, and appreciate the fact that she told you she was a lesbian you found out before the whole relationship got any more serious.

And if anything, you could ask for a parting 3-some. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
EDIT: You know how to make steak now too! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: anwserman on 2004-01-27 14:08 ]</font>

Skuda
Jan 27, 2004, 05:17 PM
*blink* rough. simply rough. quite the dilly of a pickle. Bloody hell...why can't people just tell how they are feeling. *high frequency voice* "oh! I'm afraid of what people will say!" c'mon, just say what you want aslong as your not going to get the snot beaten out of you by some crooked cop. People are too paranoid this day and age.

Arislan
Jan 27, 2004, 06:31 PM
Heh, one of my ex's out of the blue told me she got married a week ago. To another girl. That was a bit of a shock... Come to think of it, that makes 2 ex's that were bi, and one that she flat out told me that we only dated as a test to see if she could handle dating a guy. I know, stupid, but I didn't mind it, she's a fun girl to hang out with regardless, and she wanted to see what a relationship was like. Between certifiably insane girls, their certifiably insane parents, and people that happen to like the other sex, I'm running at an 22% ratio of good relationships to ones that were better off dead.

SpikeOtacon
Jan 27, 2004, 07:08 PM
I would also like to add, that she eventually told me that her friend and her had talked about being lesbians, but she never took it seriously. Her friend however, did. Now melissa isn't sure what to do. She is a chirstian girl and God does not like lesbian/gay relationships. She knows that it is sacriligious. I love Melissa, and I have tried to prove it to her in many ways. I gave up a lot of things that she didn't approve of so that the two of us could be together. I gave up drinking, smoking (I was about to start), suicidal tendencies, self mutiliation, and a lot of other things! Some of these things are really hard to let go, but I have gone through it for her. To prove that I love her. I have written numerous poems for her, and in each I reflected how I felt about her. She knew I loved her, and she is now trying to 'un-bi' herself. She said she wants some time to be able to think things through. She is paranoid about being in a relationship, and wants time to think things through. I hope she'll see it through.
**sighs** If not, then it's back to the addiction on Painkillers...
Call me a fool if you will, but I'm asking for it, so no need to flame or call me a moron because of how I am and how I choose to deal with this, Kthxbai.

Soukosa
Jan 27, 2004, 07:36 PM
On 2004-01-27 16:08, SpikeOtacon wrote:
God does not like lesbian/gay relationships.

Says who?

SpikeOtacon
Jan 27, 2004, 07:40 PM
It was some passage my grandfather read to us every year at christmas. Now, I'm not much of a religious person, but I do believe that if you say what you are, you have to follow the rules of the religion. I don't look much into it, but even she admitted to reading the passage I am talking about.

swan_s0ng
Jan 27, 2004, 07:56 PM
eh...you are such a desperate person spike. if she is even thinking of humping other people (male or otherwise) then thats pretty dam clear that she doesnt love you. and dont anyone give me that shit that real love can still invovle thinking about others but just not acting on it, thats bullshit - and if you think its not, thats because you havent been in love really so you shouldnt really pass comment on it. she wants to hump those other girls man. you cannot change what you desire, only how you react to it. her trying to "un-bi" herself (as you put it), is impossible. even if she never actually did anything, she would still be bisexual because she would be wanting to do those things.

basically, any chance of a meaningful relationship is over. and you are back to being alone. theres no sugar-coating it, thats just how it is. i think most people know what its like to get fucked over when you are feeling vulnerable, so yeah - i imagine it will be a very rough time. but enough with the death shit already. if your life is genuinely less preferable to death, then by all means just do it. but i find it pretty hard to believe your circumstance are that bad - if just feels that bad, and wrose. but feelings like those die off (mostly) in time, and if you dont kill yourself now i am pretty dam sure at a later date you would think something like "thank god i didnt kill myself".

Link00seven
Jan 27, 2004, 08:07 PM
Holy god.

I cant comment on this one...thats just...O_O

Sord
Jan 27, 2004, 08:08 PM
You don't have much luck with dating, do you? I'm glad i stay out of it. You should try it sometime. Just don't date, to much hassle anyways. What are the chances your going to get married? Little to none, why go through the heartbreak. People say i look at bare factss to much, sometimes i don't think they look at them enough, stop dating.

But if your still serious about it, I guess you could always try and date both of them...although they would probably slap you if you asked http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Anyhoo, just lay off on the dating stuff for awhile. Be a loner if need be. Besides, if you ever need to talk, you can always post here. From what i see, everyone here has at least some general concern for you, even if certain people show it less than others. So no killing yourself, as for addiciton on pain killers...not very pain intolerant...bring me some will yah http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Well, like I said, in my opinion, just stop the dating for awhile. Love youself before you love others. Doesn't sound right to some pervs, but there is general meaning behind it.

hollowtip
Jan 27, 2004, 08:20 PM
self mutiliation, suicidal tendancies

Wow man. I think the last thing you need to be in is a relationship, but that's just my opinion.

Soukosa
Jan 27, 2004, 08:54 PM
On 2004-01-27 16:40, SpikeOtacon wrote:
It was some passage my grandfather read to us every year at christmas. Now, I'm not much of a religious person, but I do believe that if you say what you are, you have to follow the rules of the religion. I don't look much into it, but even she admitted to reading the passage I am talking about.

Most of the people at that read the bible don't understand it right and a good amount of it has been warped to say what the makers of it wanted it to say. But, trust me on this, there is no where in the bible that states that God codemns homosexual relationships. There many more things you can do that upset God and I'm sure warped His teachings is one of them.

Solstis
Jan 27, 2004, 08:58 PM
On 2004-01-27 17:54, Sounomi wrote:

Most of the people at that read the bible don't understand it right and a good amount of it has been warped to say what the makers of it wanted it to say. But, trust me on this, there is no where in the bible that states that God codemns homosexual relationships. There many more things you can do that upset God and I'm sure warped His teachings is one of them.

Is it just me, or does his Grandpa sound manipulative. AT CHRISTMAS? For crying out loud... If I walked into a gay bar, blew it up, and then shot every Pro-Choice supporter in the country, I'm sure God would be happy. Wait....

Sord
Jan 27, 2004, 09:10 PM

The one that was read probably said orgies, as that is said alot, but it's not ver specific. One must also realize that the bible was origanally in hebrew, then transfered to greek, then English, no doubt a lot has changed, but we don't have the artifacts to show how much. Some say there are pages of the bible missing for christ sake (pun intended) religon is to damn screwed up, has to many hidden meanings, and by my belief, was all written by somebody's veiw on life. As for finding evidence on stories in the Bible, which they actually have, it was never of the healing and what not, just big events like the ten commandments and the israelites escapinf from egypt. My theory on that is the Bible started out as a writing peice, based on some true events. As time passed, other writers added on. You see such forms of writing as diary style, architecture (geez, can't believe i read that book on how to build the temple) symbolism, and others.

People weren't that great at keeping historical records, but the bible had true events in it. As time passed, new generations where not told everything, and began to fully believe in the Bible. I do beleive that Jesus was born, however, i think he simply praised god and taught his religion, but he was actually a very experianced medicine man, thus all the healings and what not.

As for the resurection thing, either it's the writers mind, or something else. This would be that his mind was infected with a special virus that actually numbs the mind. The body can seem complety dead, but it's not. They can later wake back up. However, people who have it, often suffer memory loss, as well as lost sensation of touch and not very speech coordinated, but still talkable. But if given a very small dose, as i wouldn't be surprised if Jesus was a great a medicineman could figure out, he could do this, and pull it off. While i can't name the virus off the top of my head, it's used in Africa. Some tribes still use it on enemies, later turning them into "zombie slaves." Man do i watch to much Discovery Channel.

Black000Moon
Jan 27, 2004, 09:29 PM
On 2004-01-27 12:11, Sounomi wrote:
I can understand to a degree as to why she couldn't tell you. Same goes for how she could have dated you. I also think that some of the above comments are too much (especially Black000Moon's). Maybe you should lay off the relationship stuff for a bit. You're still young so it's not like its a life or death situation if you're in a relationship with someone or not (if it really ever is).

heh.....Also if you are looking for a girl and you find one you like try to be cautious around her so you won't fall in the same situation again. Maybe it would help to start off to ask wheather she is straight or not?....Just an idea.

polishedweasel
Jan 28, 2004, 12:35 AM
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahhaha.......hahahahahahaha hahahahahah....hahahahahahahahahahaha OMg whooo.

Sorry bout that, think of it like this. You dated both of em right? *nod nod wink wink nudge nudge*

Go now!! DO IT!!

Soukosa
Jan 28, 2004, 12:47 AM
On 2004-01-27 18:10, Sord wrote:
The one that was read probably said orgies, as that is said alot, but it's not ver specific. One must also realize that the bible was origanally in hebrew, then transfered to greek, then English, no doubt a lot has changed, but we don't have the artifacts to show how much. Some say there are pages of the bible missing for christ sake (pun intended) religon is to damn screwed up, has to many hidden meanings, and by my belief, was all written by somebody's veiw on life. As for finding evidence on stories in the Bible, which they actually have, it was never of the healing and what not, just big events like the ten commandments and the israelites escapinf from egypt. My theory on that is the Bible started out as a writing peice, based on some true events. As time passed, other writers added on. You see such forms of writing as diary style, architecture (geez, can't believe i read that book on how to build the temple) symbolism, and others.

People weren't that great at keeping historical records, but the bible had true events in it. As time passed, new generations where not told everything, and began to fully believe in the Bible. I do beleive that Jesus was born, however, i think he simply praised god and taught his religion, but he was actually a very experianced medicine man, thus all the healings and what not.

As for the resurection thing, either it's the writers mind, or something else. This would be that his mind was infected with a special virus that actually numbs the mind. The body can seem complety dead, but it's not. They can later wake back up. However, people who have it, often suffer memory loss, as well as lost sensation of touch and not very speech coordinated, but still talkable. But if given a very small dose, as i wouldn't be surprised if Jesus was a great a medicineman could figure out, he could do this, and pull it off. While i can't name the virus off the top of my head, it's used in Africa. Some tribes still use it on enemies, later turning them into "zombie slaves." Man do i watch to much Discovery Channel.

You're not alone, I watch the Discovery Channel, TLC, the History Channel, etc alot as well http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif On topic, you're a bit off as to what language the Bible was originally writen in. The Old Testament was in Hebrew, but all of the New Testament was in Greek. Both are pretty much just a collection of various documents that someone of higher authority should all be put together for their Bible. The Old Testament is meant for Jews and no more, so Christians shouldn't follow anything from there, so I'm not going to touch on that. Now, with the New Testament, the one that Christians are supposed to follow, anything that people feel says homosexuality is a condemned by God, are either mistranslations (go New King James Version!) or people simply aren't interrepting things right. The basic sense is that there is nothing in the New Testament that codmens it (I've done alot of research and I can read Greek to a degree) and it simply a bunch of documents with alot of them not really being meant to be read by anyone other than first century people (like Revelations). Finally, the one thing that would really make me wonder if God does codemn it is the fact that marriages won't exist in Heaven, so why would He care about who were attracted to and all (granted that it's a child or dog or something).

geewj
Jan 28, 2004, 01:47 AM
On 2004-01-27 16:36, Sounomi wrote:

On 2004-01-27 16:08, SpikeOtacon wrote:
God does not like lesbian/gay relationships.

Says who?

I think he was saying that she if she is Christan, in that sense, then she should act it.

If somone for one reason or another believes that it is an absolute evil to eat bread, then they should not be eating bread. If they are conflicted about it and trying to change or see for themselves then it's fine, but if they still very much believe that it is evil to eat it then they shouldn't.

Soukosa
Jan 28, 2004, 02:16 AM
On 2004-01-27 22:47, Prof_Frink wrote:
If somone for one reason or another believes that it is an absolute evil to eat bread, then they should not be eating bread. If they are conflicted about it and trying to change or see for themselves then it's fine, but if they still very much believe that it is evil to eat it then they shouldn't.

Good point. I, myself, am Christian, even though I go against alot of the things that most of them belive.

Guile
Jan 28, 2004, 02:17 AM
You see it on tv shows and movies, you read about it in books..but I did'nt think it really happen.
Damn that sucks...I don't know if I would be pissed as hell or confused...
But I don't believe in lesbians, I think lesbians are just real horny girls...Now dykes! thats a different story.

Shimarisu
Jan 28, 2004, 02:21 AM

Leviticus 10.

The old testament, as Jesus said, "art a crock of shit" however.

- Shimarisu

Arislan
Jan 28, 2004, 03:17 AM
The bible also states that it's wrong to wear two different types of clothing as once, such as cotton and wool. But anyway...

As for the reason to date in the first place Sord, is that I personally feel that I would make a good father sometime in my life. Rather than going out and simply adopting a child, I would rather this child bear some of my genetic code, and as such, require a mate to do so.

Now, after having had several relationships, ranging anywhere from 3 weeks to over 2 and a half years, I can say that I enjoy having relationships. The feeling that you get out of getting to know a girl and becoming that close simply can't be compared ot anything else outside of a relationship.

My guess would be, Sord, that you've never been in love, and never had a relationship before. As such, its a very difficult thing to speak of. Not that you aren't entitled to your opinion, but this is one of those things that simply has to be experienced to really get a handle on how things work. Yes, most relationships end up breaking up. But if you do manage to find the right person to be with is well worth the heartache and sacrifice in the meantime, especially since you grow as a person with each relationship.

So yeah, I've dated a girl who recently married another girl. I enjoyed it while it lasted, she was a boon to my emotional well-being and personal growth in the long run. Yes, I dated a girl whose parent was clinically insane, and put a restraining order on me when I was under 18 because she thought I shouldn't see her daughter (the daughter had no say in the matter, signed no papers, and spoke to no judge. I fought the order on legal terms and got it dropped from my record, naturally, but it still happened). However crappy the relationship ended, and it was extremely messy, I'm glad it happened. It was worth it. And I would bet that my future relationships will be as well.

Ness
Jan 28, 2004, 06:59 AM
She had to get her girlfirend to tell you off? That's pretty sad. When I want to say something to someone, I say it to their face (most of the time).

Soukosa
Jan 28, 2004, 11:50 AM
On 2004-01-28 00:17, Arislan wrote:
The bible also states that it's wrong to wear two different types of clothing as once, such as cotton and wool.

That'd be in the Old Testament, which is Jewish law and if you're not a Jew, you're not supposed to follow it.

On 2004-01-28 03:59, Ness wrote:
She had to get her girlfirend to tell you off? That's pretty sad. When I want to say something to someone, I say it to their face (most of the time).

It may be easy for you to say something like that, but for her, it may not be all that easy, especially since she came forth in a manner that didn't show how she really is.

drizzle
Jan 28, 2004, 04:40 PM
...so why would He care about who were attracted to and all (granted that it's a child or dog or something).
On 2004-01-27 21:47, Sounomi wrote:

Funny you should mention dogs. Have you seen Revelations 22:15?
(at least I am pretty sure it's translated the same way in english as in my language http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: drizzle on 2004-01-28 13:41 ]</font>

Soukosa
Jan 28, 2004, 04:49 PM
On 2004-01-28 13:40, drizzle wrote:
Funny you should mention dogs. Have you seen Revelations 22:15?
(at least I am pretty sure it's translated the same way in english as in my language http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif)

Here's the NIV version of it:
"Outside are the dogs, those who practice magic arts, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices falsehood."
I never knew about that verse. Of course, I never made it that far into that book since I had a hard time understanding it when I did try to read it.

Sord
Jan 28, 2004, 05:13 PM
On 2004-01-28 00:17, Arislan wrote:
The bible also states that it's wrong to wear two different types of clothing as once, such as cotton and wool. But anyway...

As for the reason to date in the first place Sord, is that I personally feel that I would make a good father sometime in my life. Rather than going out and simply adopting a child, I would rather this child bear some of my genetic code, and as such, require a mate to do so.

Now, after having had several relationships, ranging anywhere from 3 weeks to over 2 and a half years, I can say that I enjoy having relationships. The feeling that you get out of getting to know a girl and becoming that close simply can't be compared ot anything else outside of a relationship.

My guess would be, Sord, that you've never been in love, and never had a relationship before. As such, its a very difficult thing to speak of. Not that you aren't entitled to your opinion, but this is one of those things that simply has to be experienced to really get a handle on how things work. Yes, most relationships end up breaking up. But if you do manage to find the right person to be with is well worth the heartache and sacrifice in the meantime, especially since you grow as a person with each relationship.

So yeah, I've dated a girl who recently married another girl. I enjoyed it while it lasted, she was a boon to my emotional well-being and personal growth in the long run. Yes, I dated a girl whose parent was clinically insane, and put a restraining order on me when I was under 18 because she thought I shouldn't see her daughter (the daughter had no say in the matter, signed no papers, and spoke to no judge. I fought the order on legal terms and got it dropped from my record, naturally, but it still happened). However crappy the relationship ended, and it was extremely messy, I'm glad it happened. It was worth it. And I would bet that my future relationships will be as well.

First paragraph: 0_o

Second paragraph: unlike you, I don't want to have kids, I haven't even been raised in a proper environment to know how a dad acts. On top of that, my genes ain't something to be proud of, deafness, depression, it's all mental things, the only physical one is they would probably have a beer belly since birth. The best they could get from me is probably a high IQ, but that's how much you can learn, not how much you know, so that's not a very big thing.

Third and Fourth Paragraph: Your guess was wrong, i was in a relationship. My parents made us seperate, that's partly why I don't fall in love anymore. Shortly after the breakup was when i commited atemptive suicide.

Fith paragraph: I hate parents. If it weren't for seeing my friends and school, i would honest to god put myself in a foster home. Even though i would only stay there for like 4 years max given my age.

Now that that's over with, lets get back on Spike's probs.

Solstis
Jan 28, 2004, 06:14 PM
On 2004-01-27 23:17, Guile wrote:
You see it on tv shows and movies, you read about it in books..but I did'nt think it really happen.
Damn that sucks...I don't know if I would be pissed as hell or confused...
But I don't believe in lesbians, I think lesbians are just real horny girls...Now dykes! thats a different story.

You... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_chuck-ball.gif

You're kidding? Right?

Saladwood
Jan 28, 2004, 06:18 PM
On 2004-01-28 13:49, Sounomi wrote:
Here's the NIV version of it:
"Outside are the dogs, those who practice magic arts, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices falsehood."

That's the reason why Muslims are to not keep dogs as pets, especially indoors. And that's why they don't touch dogs.

Arislan
Jan 28, 2004, 06:34 PM
Wait... So what you're saying Sounomi, is that the Old Testament should be ripped out of the bible, since only Jewish people are supposed to follow it? I must have missed something along the lines when I've heard over and over that the Bible, not just the New Testament, was the word of God and his disciples.

BTW Sord, that 5th paragraph wasn't a refutal aimed at you, it was an attempt to bring the topic back where it belonged. I'll readily admit I was wrong on you not having had a deep relationship. And the decision not to have kids is your decision, I simply felt that since it figured in on my life experiences in relation to dating, that would be added. In any case, yes, the 5th paragraph is my newest addition to the on-topic nature of this thread.

Sord
Jan 28, 2004, 06:41 PM
On 2004-01-28 15:34, Arislan wrote:
BTW Sord, that 5th paragraph wasn't a refutal aimed at you, it was an attempt to bring the topic back where it belonged. I'll readily admit I was wrong on you not having had a deep relationship. And the decision not to have kids is your decision, I simply felt that since it figured in on my life experiences in relation to dating, that would be added. In any case, yes, the 5th paragraph is my newest addition to the on-topic nature of this thread.

I know, that was just my comment on it.

That's the one! While it says sexually immoral, it never says what is and isn't sexually immoral, except for commiting adultery (cheating on your wife or husband) which is brought up, and rape. It says nothing about homosexuality.

Solstis
Jan 28, 2004, 07:49 PM
Wait... So what you're saying Sounomi, is that the Old Testament should be ripped out of the bible, since only Jewish people are supposed to follow it? I must have missed something along the lines when I've heard over and over that the Bible, not just the New Testament, was the word of God and his disciples.

I recall Jesus mentioning something about the "New Covenant," and how it abolished a lot of practices from the old testament. So, are you calling Jesus a liar?
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Sord
Jan 28, 2004, 08:04 PM
On 2004-01-23 15:19, Allos wrote:
Shit..............

But like I said to Spike when he was feeling down:

"When your life sucks and it seems like you're unwanted, the DTPA is there for you."

Arislan
Jan 28, 2004, 08:07 PM
Actually, I'd be relatively ignorant of this fact, and as well, be wondering why if the practicesaren't to be taken as true, as to why they are still in the book. But that's getting rather off topic, sorry.

Scejntjynahl
Jan 28, 2004, 08:09 PM
imorality unfortunately has been determined by the masses. What we do, what we eat, what we wear, everything about us is predetermined by social behaviour set in the PAST. For example the term "homosexuality" during the 1930 roughly up to the 1960s was considered a mental illness. But with the resurfacing of "coming out of the closet" the majority of the medical associations in psychiatry has opted NOT to include homosexuality as a mental illness, but instead a sexual "preference". Homosexuality at one point was up there with pedophiliacs, zoophiliacs, and even necrophiliacs. (look up definitions if you are not sure of what these are) yet these "philias" are still considered mentally unstable. That is until the amount of ppl with such "preferences" become higher. Again it comes to numbers, meh. Numbers suck.

Btw my girlfriend is lesbian. And Ive known it from the beginning becuase she trusted to tell me about it. There are moments that are uncomfortable, but we learn to compromise. And if she leaves for another woman or man, so be it. Then it wasnt meant to be. MEH.

Sord
Jan 28, 2004, 08:15 PM
On 2004-01-28 17:09, Furankunichan wrote:
imorality unfortunately has been determined by the masses. What we do, what we eat, what we wear, everything about us is predetermined by social behaviour set in the PAST. For example the term "homosexuality" during the 1930 roughly up to the 1960s was considered a mental illness. But with the resurfacing of "coming out of the closet" the majority of the medical associations in psychiatry has opted NOT to include homosexuality as a mental illness, but instead a sexual "preference". Homosexuality at one point was up there with pedophiliacs, zoophiliacs, and even necrophiliacs. (look up definitions if you are not sure of what these are) yet these "philias" are still considered mentally unstable. That is until the amount of ppl with such "preferences" become higher. Again it comes to numbers, meh. Numbers suck.

I totally forgot about hearing that. It was on History Channel a few years back. Anyhow, the changed if after the thick headed people of the worl finally found out that it wasn't something normally caused by a gene, but by how a person was raised. Although some people have a gene in them that might help to determine the facter, there isn't a specific one that says wether or not you like guys or gals

Solstis
Jan 28, 2004, 08:29 PM
On 2004-01-28 17:15, Sord wrote:

I totally forgot about hearing that. It was on History Channel a few years back. Anyhow, the changed if after the thick headed people of the worl finally found out that it wasn't something normally caused by a gene, but by how a person was raised. Although some people have a gene in them that might help to determine the facter, there isn't a specific one that says wether or not you like guys or gals

Fur said nothing about there being a gene, or if it's about how you're raised. He was more or less talking about the "dynamic" views of society, not the "causes" of homosexuality.

AUTO_
Jan 28, 2004, 09:08 PM
I'm dumb she's a lesbian
I thought I had found the one
We were good as married in my mind
Married in my mind
But married in my mind's no good

Yeah, anyways. Sorry to hear that dude...you could always score points with your friends saying you dated 2 lesbians...?

I tried http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Ness
Jan 28, 2004, 11:05 PM
On 2004-01-28 08:50, Sounomi wrote:
It may be easy for you to say something like that, but for her, it may not be all that easy, especially since she came forth in a manner that didn't show how she really is.

yes, but he loved her and she knew it. The least she could have done was come clean with him instead of getting her girlfriend to do it for her.

KodiaX987
Jan 28, 2004, 11:47 PM
You got dumped, and she turned lesbian...

Shit, were you that bad you turned her off from men altogether?!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Soukosa
Jan 29, 2004, 01:50 AM
On 2004-01-28 15:18, Saladwood wrote:
That's the reason why Muslims are to not keep dogs as pets, especially indoors. And that's why they don't touch dogs.

I wasn't aware that Muslims had such views towards dogs. Kinda interesting.

The Old Testament can still be read to learn things from it, but the laws thare listed there are not to be followed by anyone but Jews. Also, I fail to see the bible as being the "Word of God." To me, it's a collection of various texts describing events and containing teachings that relate to following God or whatever.

On 2004-01-28 17:29, Solstis wrote:
Fur said nothing about there being a gene, or if it's about how you're raised. He was more or less talking about the "dynamic" views of society, not the "causes" of homosexuality.

They say genes set your eye color, yet the color of your eyes can change, like mine have. They say a fetus with XX chromosomes with be a girl and XY will be a boy, but it doesn't always come out that way (not to mention the funky conditions like having both XX and XY). The simple matter of fact is that we still know very little about how the humans develop, so we can't exactly pin things down. I personally fail to see homosexuality being influenced by how you were raised and feel that's simply became ingrained in the brain when it first started to develop.

On 2004-01-28 20:05, Ness wrote:
yes, but he loved her and she knew it. The least she could have done was come clean with him instead of getting her girlfriend to do it for her.

Easier said then done.

On 2004-01-28 20:47, KodiaX987 wrote:
You got dumped, and she turned lesbian...

Shit, were you that bad you turned her off from men altogether?!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Give me a break...

LollipopLolita
Jan 29, 2004, 03:04 AM
I wasn't aware that Muslims had such views towards dogs. Kinda interesting.

yes they do believe that. not all of them though. i know some devout muslims who think it's silly and keep dogs. it does not directly affect the religion itself. dogs are considered unclean and haram. you can't sell dogs, you can't keep dogs in the house and you cannot have dogs as pets. the only exception is to have watch dogs or hunting dogs that hunt for their food as well as salukis. however, the prohibition of keeping dogs in the house does not mean that dogs may be treated cruelly. though this isn't just based on that one sentence in the bible, it's also based on what the prophet mohammed said and also the koran and the hadith. but i mean, he also said you women can't plus their eyebrows and people can't have tattooes, plastic surgery, silver utensils or silk bedspreads...

and back on track...

I personally fail to see homosexuality being influenced by how you were raised and feel that's simply became ingrained in the brain when it first started to develop.

some people become homosexual because of trauma and not because of genetics.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2004-01-29 00:06 ]</font>

kingmurp
Jan 29, 2004, 05:46 AM
Take her on springer FREE TRIP!! Seriously though, it happens. Happened to me too, minus the months of cheating. Nowadays it's a part of growing up.

Scejntjynahl
Jan 29, 2004, 10:25 AM
On 2004-01-28 17:29, Solstis wrote:

On 2004-01-28 17:15, Sord wrote:

Soltis, you are correct, that is what I meant. I wasnt talking about how homosexuality came to be, or who in fact determined what is imoral or moral. That "society" up to now, unfortunately, has been molded by the dynamics of population. Majority versus minority (not referecing ethnicity or religious beliefs) in an idea or acceptance of what is moral or imoral.

Views change through out time as population grows and "learns". Someone from the 1970s has different ideals of morality that someone from 1990s and so on and so forth. One result is that the dynamics of all relationships of today is far more complex than that of 30 years ago. More choices to consider, more unique circumstances to deal with, and various ideas of what a relationship "should" be clash today. We all differ and we all want something, that unfortunately the other person may not.

Again Numbers Suck.

Sord
Jan 29, 2004, 04:42 PM
On 2004-01-29 07:25, Furankunichan wrote:
Again Numbers Suck.

don't be vague, numbers make computers possible. it makes every bit of major technology we have today work, or was used to help build it. Say "Again, deciding moralities by vote sucks"

Scejntjynahl
Jan 29, 2004, 05:09 PM
On 2004-01-29 13:42, Sord wrote:

On 2004-01-29 07:25, Furankunichan wrote:
Again Numbers Suck.

don't be vague, numbers make computers possible. it makes every bit of major technology we have today work, or was used to help build it. Say "Again, deciding moralities by vote sucks"

Ok. Deciding moralities by vote SUCKS ****!!!

And yes, binary numbers are great. Makes the games, man, the games.... lol

SpikeOtacon
Jan 29, 2004, 05:13 PM
-_- http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif

....Topic De-railed.....simply amazing.....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SpikeOtacon on 2004-01-29 14:14 ]</font>

Solstis
Jan 29, 2004, 05:16 PM
On 2004-01-29 14:13, SpikeOtacon wrote:
-_- http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif

....Topic De-railed.....simply amazing.....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SpikeOtacon on 2004-01-29 14:14 ]</font>

Er, I mean, crap! Just stick in there man, I'm sure it's good for both of you.

Demonslayer
Jan 29, 2004, 06:50 PM
That sucks, man. Freaking F***ed up man.

Hrith
Feb 1, 2004, 01:32 AM
On 2004-01-28 08:50, Sounomi wrote:

On 2004-01-28 03:59, Ness wrote:

That is not an excuse for the disregard towards SpikeOtacon's feelings.

It may be difficult if, like Abdur said, she hasn't come out (whatever the reason), her behaviour is inhumane, and in a way very shameful.

Especially since she is most likely using it as an excuse, and a protection. I'm not saying she hurt Spike on purpose, but the result is here, she was dishonnest and unworthy of his trust and feelings (although only Spike knows that).

SpikeOtacon
Feb 1, 2004, 10:22 AM
An update on the situation:
I was able to talk with her last night and while we were talking she said that she didn't want to have a relationship right now. I broke into tears, and rambled on for 2 hours about how much I loved her.
She apparently understood that I have deep feelings for her, and she's taking into account all of the things I have done to show her that I'm serious about our relationship.
No, she's not a lesbian, nor Bi. She told me that after she thought about it for a while, the idea made her feel sick to her stomach.
I'm lost now. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif

Daikarin
Feb 1, 2004, 11:09 AM
On 2004-02-01 07:22, SpikeOtacon wrote:
I was able to talk with her last night and while we were talking she said that she didn't want to have a relationship right now. I broke into tears, and rambled on for 2 hours about how much I loved her.
She apparently understood that I have deep feelings for her, and she's taking into account all of the things I have done to show her that I'm serious about our relationship.
No, she's not a lesbian, nor Bi. She told me that after she thought about it for a while, the idea made her feel sick to her stomach.
I'm lost now. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif

REJOICE, pal! There's a chance you'll both get together in the future! Be more patient and don't worry about it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

But how the hell did the lesbian come up with that story of having an affair with her? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

EDIT: Curse my vile english!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: New Ultimate on 2004-02-01 08:10 ]</font>

Hrith
Feb 1, 2004, 12:50 PM
On 2004-02-01 07:22, SpikeOtacon wrote:
ok, now Sou, you may call me a sexist (which I'm not) but this really is a girl's behaviour !

And that makes me feel like telling a bit of my story with my gf...

I've known her for almost three years, and when I met her she was with a boy and had been for two years already.
But it really was love at first sight with me, or so I though, I still don't know http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif
We had a relationship, anyway, and that without her dumping her boyfriend. And (this is MY opinion) she was using him as an excuse, like "if you piss me off, I'm going back to him" so I had to make all the efforts, while she had to hide her 'unfaithfulness'.
Then, when I thought it was going REALLY well (sexually, too), she must have felt too much pressure from every side (not only me and him, her friends, parents, who knew what was going on, but couldn't say it) and she told me "it's over, I love him" left with NO explanation at all, all I could do was cry (well, I had plans to kill her boyfriend, too, nevermind).
Then, not so long ago, she called me, she "wanted to see me" and little by little, despite my humoungous coldness, she confessed her love for me, saying I'm the one, that she only realized her feelings for me better by staying with another man, that she wants us to live together, etc. After all I've been through I still can hardly buy it, but I trust her, and now we're together and for good.

Point to this is ? it took her 2 years and a half to figure I was the one, and she did not hesitate to make me suffer in the meanwhile.
So give it time.

I hope that yours will not take so long to realize this, since I'm 24 and my problems are over, you're 23 and yours are beginning >_<

you're still DTPA http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_argh.gif