PDA

View Full Version : Piping and splitting slimes...

HairyGoat
Jan 27, 2004, 06:24 PM
I was wondering what is the best way to pipe for red slimes. I am a HUcast so I figured I would get an untekked gun with a special and split them with the third hit of the special. If I kill a red slime and it drops nothing, will any other red slimes that I split from the original drop anything? Or if it drops something besides the rare, will any other reds from the same blue drop anything?

Quo
Jan 27, 2004, 06:38 PM
Once any slime split from an original slime dies (whether you kill it, or a nano dragon kills it, or another slime kills i,t or it kills itself, so long as it's dead), and you pipe back to town, NO slimes split from that slime will drop anything. Once you find a red slime, kill it and the slimes it split from. Then find a new slime and start piping again. Bona Fortuna (good luck).

Robo47
Jan 27, 2004, 06:38 PM
Find a room with two or more Pofuilly Slimes.

Use Rabarta to split the Slimes. If you dont' get a Red Slime pipe back to Pioneer 2 and try again.

Quo
Jan 27, 2004, 07:07 PM
He's a HUcast. He doesn't have Rabarta.

Quo
Jan 27, 2004, 07:10 PM
This has been asked and answered recently in another thread. I'd have posted a link but it looks like it's about to become a flame fest.

HairyGoat
Jan 27, 2004, 07:10 PM
Can slimes that split off of another slime be split? EX Slime A splits into two.. (slime a and b) can I split slime B or does it have to b A? Also...will any red slimes apear after the first split?

HairyGoat
Jan 27, 2004, 09:04 PM
bump

Tsudo_Plat
Jan 27, 2004, 09:45 PM
On 2004-01-27 16:10, HairyGoat wrote:
Can slimes that split off of another slime be split? EX Slime A splits into two.. (slime a and b) can I split slime B or does it have to b A? Also...will any red slimes apear after the first split?

Yes, any slimes can be split, but only to the amount of 4. So if there were originally 2 slimes then you can split Slime A and its duplicates 3 times so that there is 4 and split Slime B and its duplicates 3 times. Thus making 8 total. That make sense?

Gaurdian
Jan 28, 2004, 02:07 PM
yea this slime splitting is fairly new to me because i have never used ice techs before. i am a HUcaseal

Rainbowlemon
Jan 28, 2004, 04:38 PM
You can still split slimes,if you hit them with the 3rd hit of a combo. It's just easier and *slightly* quicker using Rabarta/Gibarta. But even so, Red Slimes are pretty goddam rare...
*forces Pofuilly through red die machine with no success*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Antimony on 2004-01-28 13:39 ]</font>

Auracom
Jan 28, 2004, 05:57 PM
If you take the Addicting Food quest offline you'll find a room with 2 slimes in it. Just make your way to Caves 2 its the second room after the waterfall room you can't miss it. XD

Aziangangster
Jan 28, 2004, 09:09 PM
i also piped 4 slimes today with a hucast but the slimes kept killing each other. So me and my friend went online i was my hucast he was his fo and we began going through ttf and took the shortest route possible(stopped after the last group of slimes) and got through 20 slimes under 8 mins and we eventually found a red slime but it only dropped a dimate. We also found a guard wave from a regular slime and got alot of exp and saw a hildatorr(dropped meseta).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Aziangangster on 2004-01-28 18:10 ]</font>