PDA

View Full Version : TP materials available now? What about HIT?

Tsudo_Plat
Jan 27, 2004, 09:42 PM
I noticed that online players are able to get TP materials now? If thats so, is it possible to get HIT materials? I've gotten both of these before while playing challenge mode, so thats why I ask.

Soukosa
Jan 27, 2004, 09:43 PM
Hit materials don't exist in the game anymore.

Tsudo_Plat
Jan 27, 2004, 09:52 PM
I know, I thought the same too, but not too long ago I got a HIT material while in Challenge Mode 1 offline with a friend. Do you know anyone that could somehow check the "coding" perhaps of the game? Because I am sure that HIT materials exist in Challenge Mode. It rose my ATA by 2. I remember because I was using my FOmar and my friend was mad that I used it when he was the HUcast and needed it more. I'm not trying to argue, but I know what I saw and if nobody has also seen this then I may try to find a way to prove it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tsudo_Plat on 2004-01-27 18:53 ]</font>

Soukosa
Jan 27, 2004, 10:00 PM
Well, I haven't done much C-Mode yet (C1 once), but while scanning through item param table for the game for C-Mode data, I found some setups that included rates for TP mats and Hit mats, so they could exist in C-Mode.

Lucas2k4
Jan 27, 2004, 10:00 PM
I'm pretty sure they're just availible in challenge.

Tsudo_Plat
Jan 27, 2004, 10:07 PM
Yeah, thats why I'm curious as to whether maybe Sonic Team has plans on releasing some way of getting HIT mats online? Anyone heard of something like this?

Soukosa
Jan 27, 2004, 10:09 PM
Well, in earlier versions, TP mats were available through quests and not normal game play, which is probably why they available in certain quests now. I'd be kinda suprised if ST did make Hit mats available through quests since they took them out of normal gameplay completely.

Hrith
Jan 27, 2004, 10:11 PM
On 2004-01-27 19:00, Lucas2k4 wrote:
I'm pretty sure they're just availible in challenge.
They're not. Did C-mode 7 times.

Tsudo_Plat
Jan 27, 2004, 10:15 PM
I figured they removed HIT mats due to the new material usage thats used in Episodes 1&2. But then again who knows with Sonic Team?! O_o

Tsudo_Plat
Jan 27, 2004, 10:19 PM
On 2004-01-27 19:11, Kefka wrote:

They're not. Did C-mode 7 times.

Me and my friends have beaten C-Mode tons of times and I've only seen the HIT material once. We're probably gonna start playing it again soon, so I'll keep my digital camera ready in case I stumble across another one. I THINK I got the HIT mat from a rappy... so I'll play C-Mode 1 a bunch of times and see if I can get some solid proof to back up my story.

Soukosa
Jan 27, 2004, 10:24 PM
I'll look into the parts of the Item Param Table where I saw the Hit mat rates and see how rare they would be if they do exist there.

Tsudo_Plat
Jan 27, 2004, 10:39 PM
OK, sounds good.

<off topic> Btw, how did you get an Item Parameters Table? Is there some way to dump info from the game to a computer? Or do I need some sort of "coders cable"? </off topic>

Soukosa
Jan 28, 2004, 12:32 AM
On 2004-01-27 19:39, Tsudo_Plat wrote:
<off topic> Btw, how did you get an Item Parameters Table? Is there some way to dump info from the game to a computer? Or do I need some sort of "coders cable"? </off topic>

There's home brewed software to be able to rip the conents of most GC discs now, through the use the security hole in PSO and a BBA.

silvermax
Jan 28, 2004, 04:28 AM
if Sonic team let you get hit mats from quests then the dupers would go to town ...

Hrith
Jan 28, 2004, 09:40 AM
I went to Alcyone/B 06 and asked the people there (most of them ONLY play C-mode), and none has ever found a Hit Material >_>

And whether in C-mode or not "HIT MATERIAL" does not appear in the Word Select list.

Stop making your credibility worse, Tsudo.

Tsudo_Plat
Jan 29, 2004, 12:56 PM
On 2004-01-28 06:40, Kefka wrote:
I went to Alcyone/B 06 and asked the people there (most of them ONLY play C-mode), and none has ever found a Hit Material >_>

And whether in C-mode or not "HIT MATERIAL" does not appear in the Word Select list.

Stop making your credibility worse, Tsudo.

Look, I know what I saw. I have 3 other ppl that can confirm that HIT materials exist. Look, I started playing C-Mode 1 yesterday. I'll play it a bunch more times as well until I get it. BTW, in case you didn't know, rare enemies area also available in C-Mode. Just thought I'd say that as well.

Oh, and I don't know if theres a difference between online challenge mode and offline. So maybe its not in online mode?..?

Hrith
Jan 29, 2004, 01:49 PM
Yeah I know rare monsters appear there *remember day when two Hildeblues showed in last C1 room, and 2 of the JP players immediately disconnected* http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

I have played offline C-mode 3 times, no Hit either.

My bet is that you shouldn't do drugs.

Tsudo_Plat
Jan 29, 2004, 02:22 PM
On 2004-01-29 10:49, Kefka wrote:
Yeah I know rare monsters appear there *remember day when two Hildeblues showed in last C1 room, and 2 of the JP players immediately disconnected* http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

I have played offline C-mode 3 times, no Hit either.

My bet is that you shouldn't do drugs.

Yes, I agree. Crack is Whack. Just wait until we get word from someone who actually has looked "inside" the game. Perhaps then I won't seem like the one on "Drugs".