PDA

View Full Version : Stereotyping

undevil
Jan 28, 2004, 04:47 PM
They need to make killer robots that kill. Then we could just randomly kill people. Yeh...

Alright I want to get into several topics in this post. Some of my points may be called ignorant depending on your views. I am a conservative republican, so I just want the liberals to know this off the bat. I do support President Bush and MOST of his policies, and I want to get some things out that have been going on. My first part of the post will do with stereotyping.

Anyone else hate the fact that Europeans stereotype against Americans just for being caught up in a war that most people did not ask for? I agree with the war on all accounts, but I do not consider myself arrogant. I do however consider many Europeans and Candians who think that all Americans are arrogant to be ignorant. Until these Europeans and whoever else thinks we are arrogant go to America and personally meet every American, then they should keep their stupid comments to themselves. Just like how Hitler was against the Jewish people. He thought all of them were evil or whatever. Of course what the Europeans and everyone else say about the Americans is no where near as bad as what Hitler did, it still proves the same point. You can't judge a whole country, race, sex, religion, or group based upon certain individuals.

This brings me to George Bush. I disagree with the people who consider George Bush to be one of the most evil beings to ever be born on this planet. Just because he got rid of an evil dictator that killed many of his own people every day doesn't make him evil. Maybe his justification of going to war wasn't good enough, but that can't be entirely blamed on him. It had to do with faulty intelligence. If you want to blame the president for being wrong about the weapons, then you should blame Bill Clinton for things that went wrong while he was in office that had to do with the CIA. Both presidents have the same people working in the CIA so if you blame one, you blame the other.

Another thing I hate is how certain people label a whole sex over experiences with that sex. I go to the Linkin Park MB and they have a lot of sexist woman on that site who like to call guys stupid and a lot of other dumb shit. If someone would ever say anything smart on there, these woman would say things like this. "Wow, you proved to me that guys can do more then just burp and breathe all day!" I find post like this to be extremely rude. Especially when many woman are just as lazy and disgusting as men. I see this a lot though. Guys think girls are put on the planet to shop and waste mens money, and a thousand other things. Girls think guys were put on the planet to look at, ect. Guys can be just as smart as girls, and girls can be just as smart as guys. There are a lot more stupid girls at my school then stupid guys, but this is just my school. At my old school however, a majority of the 'smart' people were girls. Really it doesn't depend on sex for how smart you are.

Then there is the stereotyping against people with AIDS, gay's, lesbians, and other groups of people who are what others would consider abnormal. I personally don't like the thought of being gay, but I am not going to bash other guys and girls for being gay. I also am not going to discreminate against people with AIDS for having a disease they never asked for. But people go around making up silly rumors about these people that lead other people to either fear, or make fun of these people. It is not right, and I find it extremely wrong to do this. No one should have to put up with being humiliated because they are gay, or feared because they have a disease. But I see it all the time. One girl in my class with AIDS is constantly made fun of, and no one wants to go near her because they all think they will catch AIDS themselves. I mean come on, you can't be that stupid after all the things you hear about AIDS to think that you can catch it just by being near someone with AIDS? Retards....

And another thing I hate is people who make fun of other people for having dorky hobbies. I don't like Dungeons and Dragons, or Yu-Gi-Oh, or any of them other card game things. Nor do I like 95% of RPG's that are made. I think they are pretty dorky. I would never tell anyone that I play a game called Phantasy Star Online because they would think I was weird. But I am not mean enough to make fun of other people for playing these games, or doing these hobbies. They may be considered dorky, but you don't know these people who play these games. They could be really fun to hang around with. Most are. It just bugs me when preppy girls go up to kids playing these games and ask them annoying questions like why are you playing a 3 year old game or whatever else you hear from them. Fucking leave the poor kids alone, they don't need to put up with your shit.

I just wanted to get some stuff out. Some of this stuff has been bugging me lately as I have been seeing it a lot.

Anubis_
Jan 28, 2004, 05:22 PM
Everyone who makes fun of anyone else because of their hobbies can go to hell with gasoline drawrs on..

undevil
Jan 28, 2004, 05:38 PM
On 2004-01-28 14:22, Anubis_ wrote:
Everyone who makes fun of anyone else because of their hobbies can go to hell with gasoline drawrs on..

Thank god one of the smartest post I have seen all day.

LollipopLolita
Jan 28, 2004, 05:49 PM
people do it because it's eaiser to have the bird brain syndrome

Uncle_bob
Jan 28, 2004, 06:06 PM
Wouldn't saying stereotyping is bad be a stereotype within itself...? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

undevil
Jan 28, 2004, 06:14 PM
On 2004-01-28 15:06, Uncle_bob wrote:
Wouldn't saying stereotyping is bad be a stereotype within itself...? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Yeah but that is more positive then negative.

Arislan
Jan 28, 2004, 06:29 PM
I would never tell anyone that I play a game called Phantasy Star Online because they would think I was weird.

Sounds like someone needs to stop listening to the crowd and be himself. Who knows, you may find other "dorky" things that are a lot of fun as well. God forbid you decide to have fun because *you* find something interesting when others don't.

derBauer
Jan 28, 2004, 06:36 PM
I agree that people think we are weird when they find out we play RPG's. That's life.

I am also someone who will vote for Bush but I cannot justify going to war looking for WMD's BECAUSE WE ARE NOW ADMITTING THEY DID NOT HAVE THEM. You can't attack someone because you think they might have a weapon. If you can, I hope nobody ever thinks I have some big weapon or anything.

I still think getting rid of Saddam was worthwhile because I do believe he supported terrorism and I think it is wrong for a leader to torture, kill, starve, and rape his own people.

undevil
Jan 28, 2004, 06:36 PM
On 2004-01-28 15:29, Arislan wrote:

I would never tell anyone that I play a game called Phantasy Star Online because they would think I was weird.

Sounds like someone needs to stop listening to the crowd and be himself. Who knows, you may find other "dorky" things that are a lot of fun as well. God forbid you decide to have fun because *you* find something interesting when others don't.

Yes but I do care about what other people think about me. I don't like being labeled a nerd. Which is why I don't do it to other people, because I know they don't want to be labeled a nerd either. But if we didn't have this issue, I would gladly tell people I play this game.

Ness
Jan 28, 2004, 07:08 PM
I don't hate Bush because he's evil, I hate him because he's a self-righteous dumbass.

Don't dare to be different, dare to be yourself.

Shattered_weasel
Jan 28, 2004, 09:08 PM
On 2004-01-28 15:36, undevil wrote:

On 2004-01-28 15:29, Arislan wrote:

Yes but I do care about what other people think about me. I don't like being labeled a nerd. Which is why I don't do it to other people, because I know they don't want to be labeled a nerd either. But if we didn't have this issue, I would gladly tell people I play this game.

You arn't a nerd because of what you play. Heck I havn't heard the word nerd in like 10 years. Nowadays they have the come back "you are gay". Man I have seen better comebacks flop out of my ass.

undevil
Jan 28, 2004, 10:10 PM
Yeah but it basically all comes down to nerds. And I hear the term all the time. Well really at this school the kids playing Yu-Gi-Oh in the cafeteria before school are just called losers but at my old all white school we had geeks and nerds.

SorceressofTime
Jan 28, 2004, 11:13 PM
undevil, i agree with basically everything you said. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

people are just afraid to be themselves because they're individuals. it's sad really. i tend to be 'weirder' than most people because i like to act like myself, not some brainwashed follower that has to be like the crowd. pfft, it's bs i say.

be yourself, and people will appreciate it.

Dime
Jan 29, 2004, 12:11 AM
On 2004-01-28 16:08, Ness wrote:
I don't hate Bush because he's evil, I hate him because he's a self-righteous dumbass.

YOu better like 8 dollars an hour, because you're most likely going to be a middle school counselor.

Anubis_
Jan 29, 2004, 01:25 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On 2004-01-28 16:08, Ness wrote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YOu better like 8 dollars an hour, because you're most likely going to be a middle school counselor.

Rofl...

Ness
Jan 29, 2004, 07:00 PM
On 2004-01-28 15:36, undevil wrote:

No offense dude, but that's one of the saddest things I've heaver heard. "I care about what random strangers I'll never interact with think about me!!!" Seriously dude, do what you want and be yourself; there will always be people who will accept you for who you are an that's all that matters. I am true to myself, but I have lots of friends. Sure I'm considered a nerd by all the "punks," but most of the more popular kids are my good friends. Look at it this way, if you have 5 people telling you you're cool and 2 people telling you that you suck, why focus on the two people?

Arislan
Jan 29, 2004, 07:40 PM
I said it in a more round-about way, can I be a High-School counselor? Please Dime?

But in any case, I'm guessing you're coming from a High School point of view. After High School, despite what Revenge of the Nerds may say, the existence of cliques like the "Nerds", "Band Geeks", and "Jocks" largely fade away. And if you're worrying about losing friends because you play Video Games and they think that's stupid, they are obviously not your friends.

Inu_Ranma
Jan 30, 2004, 01:45 AM
On 2004-01-28 15:14, undevil wrote:

On 2004-01-28 15:06, Uncle_bob wrote:

Yeah but that is more positive then negative.

(Before reading all of the thread after this quote...)

I have to go over this every time. That's not a stereotype. A stereotype is, by definition, a cateregorization. Saying a stereotype is bad is not a cateregorization, but an opinionated definition of a word. Were you to say that ALL stereotypes are bad, that would be a stereotype. Can you see the difference.

(After reading the rest of the thread)

This topic has made an interesting turn. I, personally, don't fall into any specific groups, and I like it that way, though I definitely don't attempt to make the situation more extreme. I simply act as myself day-by-day because I hold a belief that if I do not act as myself, then it will put a psychological strain on me that could only cause damage.

Ness. It could be worse. You're gonna be a Middle School counselor, but I'm gonna be a High School teacher! We make way less than minimum wage...

Ness
Jan 30, 2004, 07:44 AM
On 2004-01-29 22:45, Inu_Ranma wrote:

Ness. It could be worse. You're gonna be a Middle School counselor, but I'm gonna be a High School teacher! We make way less than minimum wage...

I mainly repsonded with my famous six-dot post because I would probably end up killing more kids than I helped.

undevil
Jan 30, 2004, 07:49 AM
I am training to be an assassin...We make a good salary!

Arislan
Jan 30, 2004, 09:24 AM
I know bounty hunters in Africa make a darned good wage as well. Basically, the job is to go after poachers and poaching teams. You make about 50k a head, dead or alive, so it pays well. The only slight problem is that you are generally going up against the poachers and their 10-20 African guides/guards, so it's rather dangerous.

What was this topic about before?

undevil
Jan 30, 2004, 06:14 PM
Yeah it is a dangerous job but we need assassins and bounty hunters in the world.

Dime
Jan 30, 2004, 06:30 PM
On 2004-01-30 04:44, Ness wrote:

On 2004-01-29 22:45, Inu_Ranma wrote:

I mainly repsonded with my famous six-dot post because I would probably end up killing more kids than I helped.

.....laighme

ABDUR101
Jan 30, 2004, 06:40 PM
Stop spamming this thread.

Daikarin
Jan 31, 2004, 09:19 AM
On 2004-01-28 13:47, undevil wrote:

I also am not going to discreminate against people with AIDS for having a disease they never asked for.

Especially because you might find someone out there with AIDS, to find out he only got it by inheriting it from his/her parents.

undevil
Jan 31, 2004, 10:04 AM
Yeah one kid in my class got it from having sex. She was a whore though, so we all saw it coming. Still, she doesn't deserve to live with that.