PDA

View Full Version : Conservative or Liberal?

undevil
Jan 28, 2004, 05:09 PM
I am just curious about what kind of political base we have in these forums. Many of the forums I go to have a more conservative population then liberal, but some have more liberals then conservatives. I am just curious. Any thoughts and opinions will be appreciated. Please refrain from flaming the other party. I myself am a conservative. I will not be as rude to flame all liberals though. If you are neither, then say so.

KodiaX987
Jan 28, 2004, 05:19 PM
On 2004-01-28 14:09, undevil wrote:
Please refrain from flaming the other party.

This will have as much effect as asking Bush and Saddam to make love.

Allos
Jan 28, 2004, 05:22 PM
I hear Morfos approaching.............

Anyway, I tend to be 85% conservative and 10% liberal, and 5% doesn't care.

Uncle_bob
Jan 28, 2004, 05:28 PM
Allos, let's get the weenies and smores, they's gonna have plenty of flames here. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Allos
Jan 28, 2004, 05:32 PM
On 2004-01-28 14:28, Uncle_bob wrote:
Allos, let's get the weenies and smores, they's gonna have plenty of flames here. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Fetch the pork! We'll have a bbq!

undevil
Jan 28, 2004, 05:35 PM
Yeah I know it is unavoidable. I just want to make an attempt to keep the flamers away. Both parties have their flaws.

Saladwood
Jan 28, 2004, 05:47 PM
spam in fresh kills, not anywhere else.

undevil
Jan 28, 2004, 06:20 PM
On 2004-01-28 14:47, Saladwood wrote:

Spam? I rather find this topic to be interesting.

Saladwood
Jan 28, 2004, 06:21 PM
Not you

derBauer
Jan 28, 2004, 06:39 PM
I would say I agree with conservatives 51% of the time and liberals 20% of the time, and nobody 29% of the time.

I voted conservative in this poll because I always vote Republican (in real life).

undevil
Jan 28, 2004, 06:41 PM
Yeah I support Bush and honestly I hope be becomes reelected. The guys they have running right now are morons in my opinion. Especially Howard Dean. Issuess....

Skuda
Jan 28, 2004, 06:55 PM
I am 99.9% liberal. I dislike Bush, but I think all teh other weiners running for president should drop like flies. even though I dislike bush, he's probably the best man for the job at the moment. and on a side note, I'm thouroly confused with the presidential campaign race...I'm from Canada with our ruuf's and eh's. (actually, mostly newfies/far east coast canadian speak like that) but, would someone mid telling me exactly how it works?

(Gak my spelling is horrible tonight)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Scott_Kuda on 2004-01-28 15:56 ]</font>

Ness
Jan 28, 2004, 07:04 PM
People call me a liberal, but I'm really anti-bullshit. If that happens to make me a liberal then so be it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ness on 2004-01-28 16:04 ]</font>

Solstis
Jan 28, 2004, 07:18 PM
I would like Bush more if it wasn't for his MASSIVE PROJECTED DEFICIT! Inspirational, charismatic leader, but has the sense of a dead rock economically.

KaFKa
Jan 28, 2004, 07:26 PM
i myself am a realistic anarchist, so i'll just leave this flame-to-be thread right now...

Allos
Jan 28, 2004, 07:58 PM
On 2004-01-28 14:47, Saladwood wrote:

Jesus Christ..........

I hate this crap about "making a humorous comment outside of FKL" spam.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Allos on 2004-01-28 17:04 ]</font>

Sord
Jan 28, 2004, 08:09 PM
Yeah, which kind is the person who lives day by day, not really giving a care because he believes he can't do anything about it anyways?

Arislan
Jan 28, 2004, 08:48 PM
That would be a neither.
And for the record, I'm a registered Democrat, but actually an Independent, just due to the fact that I want at least some voice in the primaries.

Nai_Calus
Jan 28, 2004, 09:02 PM
Radical Libertarian, which puts me somewhere near Kafka on the scales. With slight Democratic leanings.

To some people, I'm Satan. XD

rhymmney
Jan 30, 2004, 09:04 PM
Liberal... totally. Won't even give the republican party a looksie until they get out of the bed of the right-wing religious movement and stop shoving puritanical morals in our faces... while showing the most self-serving, un-Christian-like attitudes about regular people in this country. Wow- nuff said.. as my blood pressure starts to rise and I feel like... fighting like a girl http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_bash.gif

Amiadon
Jan 30, 2004, 09:22 PM
Neither.

My brow is too beautiful to crease by worrying about politics.

Serapies
May 27, 2004, 01:27 AM
I am all for Bush. I'm about 99.98% conservative.

Pixel_Toa
May 27, 2004, 10:46 AM
Neither. I have many strong opinions, though neither side really agrees with them. Because they'd get chased out of Washington by angry mobs if they did.

Scales_of_Air
May 29, 2004, 03:01 PM
On 2004-01-30 18:04, rhymmney wrote:
Liberal... totally. Won't even give the republican party a looksie until they get out of the bed of the right-wing religious movement and stop shoving puritanical morals in our faces... while showing the most self-serving, un-Christian-like attitudes about regular people in this country. Wow- nuff said.. as my blood pressure starts to rise and I feel like... fighting like a girl http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_bash.gif

Agreed - totally. I think both candidates (Bush and Kerry) aren't very good. Bush's polls are going down but Kerry's aren't going up because he's not taking advantage of Bush's mistakes. Bush is a smart politician, but nothing else if he needs someone else to write his speeches. Kerry may or may not be better, but he isn't a good politician in the sense that he can't exploit all of Bush's failures in the economy and as commander in chief. Right now my view on the election is -

We can either vote for an idiot we know is an idiot (yes, I do understand though that not everyone dislikes Bush), or take a chance on another who may or may not be an idiot, but we won't know until he's in office when it's too late! Political parties should be abolished because as Republicans try to gain Democratic support and Democrats try to gain Republican support, the two candidates start saying the same things and we, the people, won't know their true motives until they're in office when it can't be fixed. Without political parties I think that idealy, generalizations would no longer be made about candidates because of his/her party affiliation; I think that would lead to a more truthful set of candidates, which would definately end up with a better leader. See, no flaming of other party! ^_^

DruidMettool
May 29, 2004, 07:54 PM
In regards to the original poll.

I'm neither.... i'm "Let's Have some goddamn change" And I have strong, simple opinions.

-Change is good.
-Abortion means less babies. Less babies = happy me.
-I wish to see a Non-Religion-Influenced government.
-I'm atheist and I don't care who has a problem with it.
-Same-Sex Marriage? Sure, I don't mind.
-Go democrats!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DruidMettool on 2004-05-29 17:57 ]</font>

lain2k3
May 29, 2004, 08:09 PM
On 2004-05-29 17:54, DruidMettool wrote:
In regards to the original poll.

I'm neither.... i'm "Let's Have some goddamn change" And I have strong, simple opinions.

-Change is good.
-Abortion means less babies. Less babies = happy me.
-I wish to see a Non-Religion-Influenced government.
-I'm atheist and I don't care who has a problem with it.
-Same-Sex Marriage? Sure, I don't mind.
-Go democrats!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DruidMettool on 2004-05-29 17:57 ]</font>

O_o that's pretty much everything i wanted to say.

but guys, lets not revive threads from 4 months ago. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

Shattered_weasel
May 29, 2004, 08:24 PM
Lewis Black

"The difference between a republican is

Republicans Suck and Democrats blow"

Exactly what I think.

I think we shoudl put away our craptastic views and give each other a hug.