PDA

View Full Version : PSOX-US: I just got FSOD - can I still use Offline Multiplay

Liquid_Bacon
Jan 28, 2004, 06:28 PM
Today I was mag farming and on my way out of the game, I got FSOD! I had five mags on the character, and obviously, only one was equipped. I really don't want to lose these mags, but I think I will, since I'm getting the whole "This character closes the game abnormally... item data, etc. is eliminated" message when I try to access the character in single player. I haven't used the character in offline or online single player yet because I remember that on GameCube, you could use Offline Multiplayer mode to save your items. Does this trick work on Xbox? My extra controllers are at a buddy's house for the next few days and I don't know if I should wait for them, or go ahead and use the character (and lose the items).

Thanks in advance for your help.

A2K
Jan 28, 2004, 08:15 PM
Tell me more about this trick. I think it's likely it might still work, but, I don't know for myself.

Liquid_Bacon
Jan 28, 2004, 08:46 PM
Well, on GameCube at least, if you got FSOD and logged on to see the message about your character's items being erased, you could use Offline Multiplayer mode to transfer your items to another character before heading back into Single Player and having your items wiped. I need to know if this works on Xbox too!

OriginalLacan
Jan 28, 2004, 08:56 PM
wow, it's not often you hear about a fsod on Xbox. I'm sorry...

Appleicious
Jan 28, 2004, 09:01 PM
I don't know if that trick works, but if you find out anything about it, please let us know. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

It could save a lot of trouble for those of us that play a lot and like to have multiple items equipped online.