PDA

View Full Version : GC: Does this happen to other people?

Bahamutg
Jan 28, 2004, 07:12 PM
So, I got into ultimate a while ago, got the the cave section..then quit the game for a while. I'm now playing it again. I realize...that I get NO rares in the forest. If I do..its from a smaller enemy..and its some gun I already have eight of. Why won't the ice dragon give me rares? I mostly get meseta..which I don't need. Or..sometimes..even antiparylis. It just makes me boil! Does this happen to others too?

Sabin_Linhigh
Jan 28, 2004, 07:17 PM
What is your sectoin ID? I am a Bluefull, so I never get rares, except once. I am now using that rare as my main side-arm. (Is that contridictroy) Any way, some IDs have a much better chance then others. I have a 1/37 to get Holy Ray.

Kadou
Jan 28, 2004, 07:22 PM
What? Do you expect every other enemy to drop a rare? I haven't seen a red box under my own Section ID for more than a month, even before I got online.

Bahamutg
Jan 28, 2004, 08:31 PM
I'm viridia. Its not that they are the right kind of rares, but I think that i've only gotten like one during my 20+ times trough the ultimate forest.

No, I don't expect to see a rare every other enemy. But I didn't think i'd get more rares out of hard then ultimate.

OriginalLacan
Jan 28, 2004, 08:54 PM
ultimate has lower amounts of drops than say, VHARD. If good rares dropped every 3 runs, you'd find everything quickly, and have no incentive to stick around. After all, you spend 120 looooooong levels in ultimate, so what's the rush?

Crystal_Shard
Jan 28, 2004, 10:06 PM
Don't worry overmuch.

When my first character hit Ult, she was at lvl 60-70.

She's only now starting to find good rares like Belra's Arm(lost that... :P ) and Kasami Bracer. She's at lvl 115 now. (264hrs++)

Don't lose hope. ^_^

Granz
Jan 29, 2004, 02:39 AM
All this bad luck that people have finding rares, makes me feel happy that I can usually get what I need, though not always. I still havn't been able to find a Pal Rappy so I can get my star amplifier, that is beginning to burn me up...

However, there are times when I just go on a spree. Like today, in 3 rooms I found 5 rares. Too bad they were all crap (Club of Laconium, Club of Laconium, Club of Laconium, M&A60 Vise, Elysion) the Elysion only being crap because it came with no percentages.

Still makes me feel good that I have more luck than other people at finding rares.

NoaIzumi
Jan 29, 2004, 03:31 AM
I found a Red Handgun off a Pal Rappy and it was the happiest day of my life.

Sabin_Linhigh
Jan 29, 2004, 07:37 AM
Yeah, I have been lucky enough to find some good rares in other runs in Ultimate. I have been doing the Caves trying to get a Kasami Bracer. I get ALOT of Silence Claws, but I guess it is ok, I like claw class afterall. I recently went to the Ruins. I was going for Dark Falz for my first time. I found three Gea Bolgs (Bore) 3 DB Swords (I dropped one, oops) and then I got a Red Scorpio, which made my day. Then I went all the way through the Ruins and kicked Dark Falz upside down. He only killed me... Once I think.

Jive18
Jan 29, 2004, 08:22 AM
I'm in the same situation as Kadou up at the top of thread. It has been about a month and a half since I found a rare of any kind (with all 4 of my characters!). Oh well, all I care about right now is leveling up http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif.

Bahamutg
Jan 29, 2004, 06:33 PM
Yea, I guess you guys are right. I was just getting angry cause I had gotten meseta 4 times in a row..and I do not need meseta. I have some okay rares. I have the delsaber sword and the armor (i think?) that goes with it. I use that right now. I'm a little rusty on what everything is. I need to get maybe a database up for my guys and rares.

Well..im off to search for a modem for GC so I can get online. Ugh..ebay here I come.

akazala
Jan 29, 2004, 08:30 PM
On 2004-01-28 16:17, Sabin_Linhigh wrote:
I have a 1/37 to get Holy Ray.

thats nice to know...im in the middle of looking for that right now i just took a break, but thats not gonna stop me, im also looking for the Imperial Pick.Well i feel better to know that i actually find rares that are good, except for the spread needle i can never find from that stupid merlan. O well, ive found more better stuff offline than some other people...which is unfortunate. Good luck with finding the rares

critter
Jan 29, 2004, 10:54 PM
im a grenil & ive been doind soul of blacksmith runs on only foreset runs so i can get a red handgun. ive done only about 10 and havent got nething. but tolaws are pretty stingy when it comes 2 droppping so i dont expect 2 find one very soon...after that im gonna go and look for a demo comet in caves.

but it took me a while 2 even find a stag from a barble and thsoie drop like leaves usually.

Miso
Jan 29, 2004, 11:29 PM
I am a yellowboze and w/ my older character(yellowboze) i found lots of rares...and money...thats the way of my id...but my data went corrupt...so now i hav about 4 rares from friends and my other memory card...i m very pleased w/ my new mags though...my new version of my old character has been really fun since i understand more now...

akazala
Feb 4, 2004, 08:09 AM
On 2004-01-29 19:54, critter wrote:
after that im gonna go and look for a demo comet in caves.

but it took me a while 2 even find a stag from a barble and thsoie drop like leaves usually.

i havent found a demo comet and i have looked for a while, i did see that someone found a one in about 2 caves runs in the excavation reports, oh well, keep trying