PDA

View Full Version : Best Gun for a HUcast

Alkaline_Trio
Jan 28, 2004, 08:32 PM
I heard that Red Handgun was the best, but then I have also been told that the S-Ranks Mechguns are aswell. Which in your opinion is?

Lucas2k4
Jan 28, 2004, 08:34 PM
Er...I think Red...because...It's easier to get then S-rank. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Soukosa
Jan 28, 2004, 08:49 PM
The S-Rank Mechs can't have Hit and are low on the ATA, not things that are going to help out a HUcast too much. If you ask me, mechs are over rated, if you need a gun, go with the Red Handgun.

Zarana
Jan 28, 2004, 09:30 PM
Either a Mechgun with Hit or a Red Handgun. The Mechgun for actually killing things, the Red Handgun if you're just using a gun to tag, or need the range for a Mericarol or something.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zarana on 2004-01-28 18:30 ]</font>

Dhylec
Jan 28, 2004, 09:43 PM
red handgun should be 1 of the strongest handguns for any hucast, specially 1 w/hit

On 2004-01-28 17:49, Sounomi wrote:
If you ask me, mechs are over rated

hm, i find charge vulcans w/hit are quite good
now, with god battle on they are even more formidable http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Soukosa
Jan 28, 2004, 09:49 PM
[quote]
On 2004-01-28 18:43, Dhylec wrote:
hm, i find charge vulcans w/hit are quite good
now, with god battle on they are even more formidable http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif
[quote]
Not if you're a human FO or if you're in a place with enemies with high EVP and move around alot. Also, the God/Battle doesn't speed them up that much more. Besides, if everyone always mechs, the game would be a bit on the boring side. I've used mechs and will still use them, but they aren't the end all of weapons in the game and it can get rather boring using the same thing over and over again.

Aziangangster
Jan 28, 2004, 09:59 PM
I agree with Dhylec that charge vulcans with hit r the best 4 hucast.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Aziangangster on 2004-01-28 19:03 ]</font>

navci
Jan 29, 2004, 02:04 AM
Red handgun.
Reasons been stated above already.

Though, Popcorn mechs (Charge Vulcan) has its uses. When you are a HUcast, with a pair of mechs that has hit. Every single shot from those mechguns are gonna hurt. Best used in boss. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

edit: Chain Vulcan? Lesson taught here is, no sleepy when typing.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: navi on 2004-01-29 11:15 ]</font>

flash_fire
Jan 29, 2004, 09:45 AM
Any Mechs with Hit% will do awesome damage when totaled up, but Mechs lack the range and are so slow on recovery, so It really depends on what you are going for. If you want Damage then go with some hit% mechs, otherwise the Handguns are good too. It really just depends on what you want from your gun.

KingChaos
Jan 29, 2004, 11:33 AM
well for 1 the work u put in on challenges makes you feel proud too and mechs are better too have

Hrith
Jan 29, 2004, 02:00 PM
On 2004-01-28 18:59, Aziangangster wrote:
I agree with Dhylec that charge vulcans with hit r the best 4 hucast.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Aziangangster on 2004-01-28 19:03 ]</font>

I disagree, HUcast does not need power, Gush Vulcan with Hit% are 1000 times better.
May that help you :
Kefka uses...
S-Rank Gun with Zalure special
S-Rank Mechgun with Gush Special (and S-Parts v2.01 for 15 ATA bonus)
L&K14 Combat 65% hit
Red Handgun 30% hit
Suppressed Gun 45% hit
Bravace 30% hit
Custom Ray ver.00 35% hit

Thepandaman
Jan 29, 2004, 02:59 PM
What kind of damage do you think my friend's HUcast could expect to get out of a Red Handgun? (I'm finding one for him at the moment). He's lvl 110, has a power mag with about 130 pow, the rest dex, and lots of orge ++, but we haven't found a god power yet. This is on Ultimate BTW. A rough estimate would be fine, I'm just wondering if it's worth me finding them for him, as I have been soooo unlucky getting them of Pal Rappies (1/2 redria). I have killed 9 so far. I would use the damage calculator but I really can't be bothered...lol

Armok
Jan 29, 2004, 03:28 PM
Vulcans all the way hucast fans

At over 1500 base and 1559. My hucast can currently kill the following foes in one combo with M&Y bonus

All Forest
All Caves
All mines but Garanz
All basic ruins foes
All Temple
All Spaceship bar Garanz/delsabers(almost)
CCA and Seabed enemys tend to take 2 combos as my mechs miss sometimes.

Zelgadis
Jan 29, 2004, 05:40 PM
Guns on a HUcast? Use a Diska...a flight fan. Something that would do more damage then a gun....like oh say a meteor cudgel....

Genoa
Jan 29, 2004, 06:09 PM
Slicers are a bit difficult because they're easily interupted and you move up alot during the combo. (males atleast). And they're slow compared to guns. I'd say Red Mechguns with hit or Red Handgun. But then again, any mechguns with hit are good. I'll say it a million times, i'd be happy with mechguns that raise 0 ATP but raise over 75 ATA.

Zelgadis
Jan 29, 2004, 06:22 PM
Ah I see....my hunter practically leaves on three things. A flight fan, a meteor cudgel and his god hand. I'd use a sword...but nothing I have is good enough...so I stick with traps and good ol god hand/meteor cudgel. I use the flight fan for bosses....it hits multiple spots which is a very good thing...

Genoa
Jan 29, 2004, 06:47 PM
wait a minute... can Hunters use Red Mechguns? In the guide here it says RA's only? 0_o?

lain2k3
Jan 29, 2004, 07:01 PM
they're rangers only.

I'd try M&A60 vises with hit % instead.

Genoa
Jan 29, 2004, 07:41 PM
(oh darn...) I'm on a roll on finding errors in the item database (seeing I've been looking EVERY ITEM up for my Character Equipment guides)