PDA

View Full Version : BBA DSL setup help

Granz
Jan 29, 2004, 02:32 AM
Now, this isn't quite for me, but rather for a friend. He has a bba, and he has a DSL modem, ADSL if it is of any relevance. However, he doesn't know how to set it up, and leaving everything on automatic does not work either, (like what I do for my cable internet connection.) Anyways, if anyone knows what settings they had to change for their DSL set-up for the BBA, then post your comments/help here.

On a side note, I heard that if you have a router that you cannot get FSOD. Is there any truth to this, or is it just crap?

gallaugher
Jan 29, 2004, 10:20 AM
Does this DSL service use PPPOE? If so, you'll have to set up the GC BBA to use PPPOE & submit their username & password.

You can get FSOD with a router. I've heard that it is less likely but I'm not sure how you test & confirm that.

Granz
Jan 29, 2004, 03:23 PM
Thanks, you've been a big help.

I have a router, and I have yet to get the FSOD on any of my characters, so I guess it does somewhat prevent it.

Rich_T
Jan 29, 2004, 06:27 PM
hmm, ive had two FSODs one using internet conection sharing and a USS ADSL modem on a windows XP P.C and the other on a ADSL router, although its no way near as bad as it was on the dreamcast.