PDA

View Full Version : whats better to have Def or Eva ?

Spectre-Fox
Jan 29, 2004, 03:22 PM
this was sparked by a debate between me and my friend he favors eva and i def so what do you people think if you can have em both the same lvs

Tsudo_Plat
Jan 29, 2004, 03:43 PM
DEF for me. I figure EVA is worthless on bosses, so I'd rather go for DEF.

Ketchup345
Jan 29, 2004, 04:06 PM
On 2004-01-29 12:43, Tsudo_Plat wrote:
DEF for me. I figure EVA is worthless on bosses, so I'd rather go for DEF.

Both are very useless at bosses, as most boss attacks take a set number of HP (there are a few exceptions). EVP can be used at bosses too though, such as at De Rol Lie. My RAmarl can block all of De Rol Lie's tentacle attacks in normal (haven't fought him in Hard and Very Hard in a long time).

They both have their uses. DFP is best for characters with low EVP; since more attacks are going to get through and you want to take less damage from those attacks. EVP is good since it reduces the number of attacks that hit you, but if you have very low DFP, those attacks are going to do a lot of damage.

Spectre-Fox
Jan 29, 2004, 04:10 PM
ok and what stats really work for what classes
i figure def works for most but i thought eva would be more suited to a ranger type

Ketchup345
Jan 29, 2004, 04:13 PM
On 2004-01-29 13:10, Spectre-Fox wrote:
ok and what stats really work for what classes
i figure def works for most but i thought eva would be more suited to a ranger type

EVP for most RAngers, except RAmarl (she has highest max EVP out of any class in the game, don't know about 200 base EVP though), she also has a nice EVP growth.

But DFP is better for HUnters and FOrces in my opinion. EVP for RAngers (exception above, but give her a few EVP mats if you want).

Trianth
Jan 29, 2004, 04:19 PM
Defense, definately. When you get to Ultimate and have high evasion, you're gonna get your ass kicked, anyway http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

SnoopyEgotist
Jan 29, 2004, 04:28 PM
evasion is really handy in the earlier levels, but later on your much better taking low damage then having a chance of not being hit.

Black000Moon
Jan 29, 2004, 04:31 PM
defense owns evasion. Trust me on ult evasion is pretty much useless. Its only useful when you are on a mode and a high level for that one.(like level 100 something for hard.)

Ketchup345
Jan 29, 2004, 05:01 PM
On 2004-01-29 13:31, Black000Moon wrote:
Its only useful when you are on a mode and a high level for that one.(like level 100 something for hard.)

I was able to block about 1/2 of all attacks in Forest when I was level 100. I don't call that useless.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2004-01-29 14:06 ]</font>

Uncle_bob
Jan 29, 2004, 05:44 PM
Racast and racaseal DFP is pretty good. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

Genoa
Jan 29, 2004, 06:21 PM
FOneweal-TP
RAcast-HP
HUcast-ATP
RAcaseal-DFP
FOneweal-MST
RAmar-ATA
RAmarl-EVP
^highest out of all classes in the stat next to class

lain2k3
Jan 29, 2004, 07:09 PM
ramarls level 200 base evp is 798.

as for the actual topic, evp pwns def.

my ramarls and hunewearl CANNOT be hit in temple, caves, or forest. with jellen, they both block everything outside of projectile attacks, and boss attacks.

Zelgadis
Jan 29, 2004, 08:05 PM
Defense is definetly good for forces. My FO at level 150 takes no damage from anything less then a Del-D now...and my RA at level 114 blocks just about anything soo....It's a toss up really...I like def more cause I can be a cocky bastard about it hehe...as for evade...if they do manage to touch her its not for very much. Her EVP is over 1200....800 base. His def is just over 1000 with s/d

Sabin_Linhigh
Jan 29, 2004, 08:15 PM
I prefer Evasion. I would rather take my chance and block all damage then take any.

Zelgadis
Jan 29, 2004, 08:31 PM
Exactly. No damage is better then blocking. Though blocking is good too...can't wait til I can use Rico's earrings. Got 19 levels though >.> I think my evp with my RA will be over 1300 by then....

JavaMoon
Jan 29, 2004, 10:23 PM
Evasion is a coin toss...you can either avoid the attack or take it head-on. Defense is constant and reliable. I prefer defense. If I happen to be able to block as well, fine, but I don't count on it.

flash_fire
Jan 30, 2004, 10:33 AM
My Force cannot be hit by basic monsters until ruins, but he has High EVP and DFP, so its all good, I kinda dropped using Pow Mats and Mind mats to make sure I could Max EVP AND DFP at LVL 200.

Draco113
Jan 30, 2004, 10:40 AM
My pick is Defense. I have never, EVER, used an evasion mat and i plan to never use one. I've been getting along fine without evasion.

Tsudo_Plat
Jan 30, 2004, 01:31 PM
Exactly. EVA sucks and DEF rules! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif j/k

I do prefer DEF though, I also like DEF better because its easier to increase: MATS, UNITS, MAG

Whereas EVA is a little bit harder to increase. Besides, DEF is more reliable than EVA.

btw, Dragon's fall on you attack is determinded by DEF, De Rol Le's attack is as well and I believe so is the Gal Gryphon. So DEF is definitely important.

Malkavian
Jan 30, 2004, 01:58 PM
DEF is obviously better. But there are sometimes where I wish I had any. Some enemies can combo their attacks like baranz missiles. With high def you don't fall down and all they hit you. This can happen with delsaber and a few other enemies too.

The bad thing about evasion is the block animation. It stops you and give time tot he enemy to attack again stopping you again. Evasion is the reason why sometimes we get surrounded and stuck by a group of enemies.
Where I like more evasion is in hunters. Where you constantly fight little enemies in close combat. And is useful to cancel their damage. But after block an attack the best is to go back and start attacking again

Silly_Putty
Jan 30, 2004, 05:33 PM
DFP can cause blocks, too. If you take 0 damage, you go into a block animation.