PDA

View Full Version : PSO plus release date

HairyGoat
Jan 29, 2004, 06:36 PM
When is PSO plus supposed to come state side? Last time I heard it was supposed to be here around the time that EP III came out in the US.

Has there been any more info released besides the quests offline and stuff? Like new weps or difficulty?

VioletSkye
Jan 29, 2004, 07:26 PM
Don't hold your breath. There is no official release date and quite honestly, I think I can safely say it will never be released in the US.

Ketchup345
Jan 29, 2004, 07:38 PM
From the PSOW Home Page (http://www.pso-world.com/index.php):

Ketchup345 writes "According to Nintendo Power Issue #176, Episode 3 will be a Gamecube Exclusive. Also, PSO+ will be available in the U.S. (from what I understand) around the same time: "PSO 1&2 Plus should hit stores around the same time as PSO III..." All of this was taken from the Epic Center (page 126)."

Does this sound like a official confirmation? Also at http://www.nintendo.com, they have a page up for Ep 3 with a stated release month of February 2004. Don't know how accurate that is, since it also says it's 1 player. No PSO Plus page though!

But that's the only confirm of PSO+ coming to the States.

Aero_Ruisu
Jan 29, 2004, 08:32 PM
Well I pray that PSO+ comes to America, and on another note EP3 has been postponed to March 2 ,2004 release date.

HairyGoat
Jan 29, 2004, 09:04 PM
Only one thing is stopping me from importing Plus...the HL. I don't care about the HL at one point because I can transfer characters and play with the US people but I plan on getting the domestic EP III so I don't want to pay for 2 HLs.

Nai_Calus
Jan 29, 2004, 09:24 PM
I doubt very much that PSO+ is coming out over here... We'd know about it by now, don't you think? I was at a game store here in Asheville, NC today, and they had:

The pre-release mock cases for EpIII sitting on the 'coming soon' display.
1 copy of Phantasy Star Online Ep1&2.
4 or 5 BBAs(!).

Don't you think that, with EpIII already able to be reserved, an actual copy of Ep1&2 lying around, and actual stocking of BBAs in this hole in the wall that's never had them before, that -some- mention of + would be lurking aroung somewhere? That we'd know something definite instead of just one mention in a magazine people tend not to believe in my experience? Yeah.

Meh, I wish it would. Tired of doing SotH and then having to re-DL the thing again when Elly manages to die on me. XP

Gaurdian
Jan 30, 2004, 02:13 PM
i would definitely have PSO+ than EPIII. my opinion, card based strategy games have never sat high on my want list

HairyGoat
Jan 30, 2004, 04:19 PM
On 2004-01-30 11:13, Gaurdian wrote:
i would definitely have PSO+ than EPIII. my opinion, card based strategy games have never sat high on my want list

EP III is a very fun game. I have the import. The only thing that made me stop playing it is that I can't read anything and you need to be able to read the cards to fully understand the game.

LollipopLolita
Jan 31, 2004, 03:28 AM
Wrote to Sega PR Rep, he said that there was no plans to release PSO + here. Replied to him asking about Nintendo Power article. We'll see what he says then.

HairyGoat
Jan 31, 2004, 09:07 AM
On 2004-01-31 00:28, LollipopLolita wrote:
Wrote to Sega PR Rep, he said that there was no plans to release PSO + here. Replied to him asking about Nintendo Power article. We'll see what he says then.

Well that sucks. Like I said before I don't want to have to pay for two HL because I am getting domestic EP III. Can I transfer my characters from the US EP I and II to the JP version of plus?

Jason
Jan 31, 2004, 09:58 AM
On 2004-01-29 18:04, HairyGoat wrote:
Only one thing is stopping me from importing Plus...the HL. I don't care about the HL at one point because I can transfer characters and play with the US people but I plan on getting the domestic EP III so I don't want to pay for 2 HLs.

You'll only be needing one HL (the one your using for PSO Ep I & II) for all of that.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jason on 2004-01-31 06:59 ]</font>

HairyGoat
Jan 31, 2004, 10:39 AM
On 2004-01-31 06:58, Jason wrote:

On 2004-01-29 18:04, HairyGoat wrote:

You'll only be needing one HL (the one your using for PSO Ep I & II) for all of that.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jason on 2004-01-31 06:59 ]</font>

So are you saying that my American HL will cover US EP I and II, EP III AND JP Plus? I thought I would of needed a JP hl for plus.