PDA

View Full Version : Music recomendations!

Raneth
Jan 29, 2004, 07:15 PM
I was looking through the "what music do you " thread, and I thought that instead of dissing music, we should share music that we like, plus the fact that I am completely out of music to download. What type of music is your favorite, and what songs do you reccomend? I love techno, and the two songs that I'm enjoying right now are Emerge, by Fisherspooner, and Sandstorm, by Darude. I also like Rock, and Queen is the best band ever...Especially the songs Bohemian Rhapsody and Killer Queen. Anyone else have recomendations, from any type of music?

Robo47
Jan 29, 2004, 07:20 PM
Take it to the Limit - by Strongbad

Guile
Jan 29, 2004, 07:45 PM
Well I listen to a lot of different types of music, and actually mean it. Hip hop (mix of underground, old stuff, and new stuff), some rock, a lot of oldies rock type like The Beatles, The Doors, The Zombies and such, along with other types. Been listening to The White Album latley (The Beatles), The new Hieroglyphics: Full Circle, Wu-tang songs, and old Outkast stuff (ATliens, Southernplaya-). I have a list of about 1,000 songs on this computer so I change it up all the time.

Allos
Jan 29, 2004, 07:48 PM
I'm confused. Are you asking for song recommendations or are we saying the music we like?

And also, you are mistaken. Iron Maiden is the best band ever.

Aunt_Betty
Jan 29, 2004, 11:14 PM
For soft/Euro Dance/some rock try Aqua*. Litsen to Cartoon Heroes,Doctor Jones,and Barbie Girl.Albums avaible on iTunes.

For vocal new age try Cirque du Soleil*. Multi-laugugal.

Download the "The Exorist*" theme from the artist Mike Oldfield.

J-Pop is avable at japanaradio.com

Techno is always good. And never listen to techno with vocals-it ruins.

*Means that it is avible in the iTunes store.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: catindahat on 2004-01-29 20:21 ]</font>

Saladwood
Jan 29, 2004, 11:31 PM
On 2004-01-29 20:14, catindahat wrote:
Multi-laugugal.

is that even a word? what's with people making up words and expecting people to understand it.

This isn't indonesia, where you can make up words like "dadup dadip" and people will know what you mean!

Auronius
Jan 29, 2004, 11:42 PM
Is multi-laugugal like multi-lingual?

KodiaX987
Jan 30, 2004, 12:10 AM
Trance? Techno? Give these a listen!

Ferry Corsten - The super Mario of trance. Regular quality.
Ronski Speed - Creates very emotional remixes with lots of interesting effects. Fluid like mercury.
Accuface - His tunes are always joyful and entertaining. Master of the happy!
Nu-NRG - This is actually a genre. Grab a few of these to experience the most frantic trance in history!
Mirco de Govia - An interesting dude with refreshing sounds.
Cosmic Gate - Like Corsten, a good all-round artist.
Trance Generators - Hard techno. Not for everyone. Stunning mixes.
Hybrid - Another interesting remixer with great soundtrack-like tunes.
Pulser - Tunes with exceptional warmth. Not your average angelic voice.
Beat Pushers - Similar style to Hybrid, but check this one out too!
Talla 2XLC - Banging tunes for all those beat lovers.

And check out those awesome tunes:

Midway - Monkey Forest
Rank 1 - Sensation 2003 Anthem
Nu-NRG - Butterfly
The Squad - Licht & Schall
Shane 54 - Equinoxe IV (DJ Quicksilver Remix)
DHS - The House of God
The Beholder - Decibel Anthem (Max Enforcer Remix)
Dumonde - God Music
DJ Kim - Jet Lag (Alphazone Remix)
DJ Weirdo - Young Birds (Ard Urn Jorn Remix)
Exor - The Bells
K90 - Breathe
DJ Herbie - Tricky
Human Evolution - Human Evolution (Mix 1)
Prime Mover - The Weapon (Grinder Mix)
Goldenscan - Sunrise (Ronski Speed Mix)
Deluxe DJ Team - Anesthesia
Roger Goode - In The Beginning (get every mix!)
Who Da Funk - Shiny Disco Balls
Huey Piano Smith & The Clowns - Don't You Just Know It (CKOI Familiprix Remix)
Lautsprecher - Omnibus
Fire & Ice - Souvenir De Chine
Amara - Pulse (Original Mix)

derBauer
Jan 30, 2004, 01:29 AM
Dixie Chicks new live cd!!!!

HotWaterDeath
Jan 30, 2004, 09:22 AM
More suggestions to go unheeded. Here goes:

"Hardcore" - Snapcase-"Caboose", "Coagulate"| Give Up The Ghost- "Love American", "Please Die!" | Hope Conspiracy-"Truth and Purpose", "Youth and Its Burden" | Death By Stereo-"No Shirt, No Shoes, No Salvation", "Sing Along With The Patriotic Punks" | The Refused -"The Shape of Punk To Come", "New Noise" | Sick Of It All- "Blown Away", "Clobberin' Time/Pay The Price" | Gorilla Biscuits- "Start Today", "New Direction" | Youth of Today- "One Family", "Disengage" | Minor Threat- "Think Again", "Filler" | With Honor-"Bridges and Gaps"

Ska - The Specials - "Nite Klub", "Gangsters" | Spring-Heeled Jack- "One Way", "Jolene" |Common Rider(Not really "ska" but classic nonetheless)-"Rough Redemption", "Firewall"..shoot download all their stuff | Edna's Goldfish-"Veronica Sawyer" | Catch 22- "12341234", "Sounds Good, But I Don't Know" | Streetlight Manifesto-"That'll Be The Day", "A Moment of Silence" | The Pilfers- "Lay", "Dr. Kervorkian" | Suicide Machines- "Hey! Ska", "Confused" | The Planet Smashers- "Blind", "Retribution"

I'll add more later, school beckons.

Aunt_Betty
Jan 30, 2004, 03:20 PM
On 2004-01-29 20:31, Saladwood wrote:

On 2004-01-29 20:14, catindahat wrote:
Multi-laugugal.

is that even a word? what's with people making up words and expecting people to understand it.

This isn't indonesia, where you can make up words like "dadup dadip" and people will know what you mean!

You know bi-lingal,tri-lingal. But to me it's a word.

dylcool
Jan 30, 2004, 05:38 PM
I like alotta different music, I'll reccomend a few.

"Put a little love in it" - by Ike Reilly
He's sort of a pop-rock guy with some spice... really anything from his new album which I think is called "salesmen and sinners" is great.

"Call me, Call me" - Cowboy Bebop Soundtrack
Not exactly sure of the performer, but its a great acoustic guitar song. Personally I also like "Adieu" off of the same soundtrack, its like a female singing thing (not hip hop in the least).

"Champaign Supernova" - by Oasis
Music perfection, if you ask me. I'm a big Oasis fan, they are a big rock band if you've never heard of them. This specific song is really calming.

"Hold On" - by Dashboard Confessional
This song has some amazing acoustic guitar, and good lyrics to boot. It's emo, though, so if you don't go for that you might not like it. Try it, though.

"Are you gonna be my girl?" - by Jet
Incredible pump up rock song. It will get you smiling and jumping at the same time, and you'll be singing along even if you don't know the words.

"Reptilia" - by the Strokes
This rock song is best listened to in head phones with the bass turned up - the instruments coerce very well.

"Volcano" - by Damien Rice
Volcano is an acoustic song that has several different voices/instruments verging onto eachother creating great sound. Also try "Cannonball" by Damien Rice, amazing acoustic guitar.

"Rapper's Delight" - by Sugar Hill Gang
The ultimate rap song. Even if you hate rap you'll like this song. It's six or seven minutes of a great bassline and basically wholesome rap. No gangsta rap, just "I watch the Knicks on my color tv." Great stuff.

On the topic of downloading music, I once found this amazing jazz recording on limewire or something. It was live, with Bonnie Raitte, Eric Clapton, B. B. King, and a whole bunch of other rockin people. I think it was for a tribute to Stevie Ray Vaughn. Has anyone come across this? Know where to download it?

Eihwaz
Jan 30, 2004, 06:57 PM
I tend to listen to stuff by The Pillows and The Seatbelts. Great Japanese groups. The Pillows are a great J-Rock group, and the Seatbelts are sort of jazzy...Anything in general by Yoko Kanno, with relation to Cowboy Bebop, of course. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

ladyjaderiver
Jan 30, 2004, 09:35 PM
If you like New Age/ just plain weird music, anything by Kate Price, Mediaeval Baebes, or Sarah Brightman is good.

For a more funky, latin feel, try Sunyata: Gypsy Sun, Gypsy Moon.

Skett
Jan 30, 2004, 10:09 PM
I like music from many people. 75% of the music in my music holder thing is full of copied CD's. Anyways, I have songs from Bon Jovi, Creed, Meat Loaf, Lee Greenwood, Switchfoot, Sonic Adventure 2 soundtrack, Lunar 2 EBC soundtrack, PSO, and One Winged Angel. I like alot more but I cant remember their names. Probably my favorate song is "Arms Wide Open" by Creed in their CD "Human Clay".

Outrider
Jan 31, 2004, 02:59 AM
Just a few corrections on Dyl's post -

Ike Reilly came out with another album. "Salesmen and Racists" is his first album.

"Call Me, Call Me" was written for the series, for like the millionth time, Dyl! It's probably the Seatbelts or Yoko Kanno.

And how can you honestly suggest "Champagne Supernova" over "The Masterplan"!?

Heh, I love bugging my bro.

But on the topic of music to suggest (aside from all the awesome stuff Dyl suggested):

"Robot Factory" by Jimmy Eat World - Off the album Static Prevails. Honestly an amazing song, even though I really didn't like the album when I first bought it.

"Carry That Wait", "The End", and "Her Majesty" by The Beatles - The last three tracks on Abbey Road. For some reason they're stuck in my head.

"Tattoo of the Sun" and "Scattered" by Third Eye Blind - The first is a B-Side and the second is off a demo tape. Really great songwriting. "Scattered" is a little iffy at the beginning, but it has the best ending.

I guess that's it for now.

Aunt_Betty
Jan 31, 2004, 05:00 PM
On 2004-01-30 18:35, ladyjaderiver wrote:
If you like New Age/ just plain weird music, anything by Kate Price, Mediaeval Baebes, or Sarah Brightman is good.

For a more funky, latin feel, try Sunyata: Gypsy Sun, Gypsy Moon.

OMG. Someone on this forums likes new age! I thought I was the only one!