PDA

View Full Version : Question about Sting Tip...

Genoa
Jan 29, 2004, 07:34 PM
Well, I found my 1st one ever with my friend the other day. Both pinkals, I was HUneweal and he was FOmarl. We were playing Hard VR Temple, and the 1st room we find a love rappy. We brutally assasinated it and took it's drop. I saw the box... SPECIAL WEAPON (wasn't too excited seeing it was on hard) and I tried to put it on cause it showed a picture of a saber... (atleast I think it did...) Said Cannot Equip! So, I gave it to my friend who immidietly put it on. I had no clue what it was (seeing canes attack like sabers, I assumed it was a saber-type weapon usable only by Forces) Well, I tekk it and discover that was what Sting Tip looked like. (he's obsesses over it... even though he's able to use and has C-Bringer's Rifle, Inferno Bazooka {which FOmarl's are very fast with}, G-Assasin's Sabers, Soul Banish, Red Hangun+50, and Angry Fist+50.) This site labels it as a Cane-type also, but it shows a saber on the left side of the weapon! (confused)

Soukosa
Jan 29, 2004, 07:45 PM
This site is incorrect. The Sting Tip is a FO only saber and no the saber and the cane animations are not the same, despite how close they are.

Genoa
Jan 29, 2004, 07:49 PM
On 2004-01-29 16:45, Sounomi wrote:
This site is incorrect. The Sting Tip is a FO only saber and no the saber and the cane animations are not the same, despite how close they are.

There's a difference? Is it the speed? It looks very similar to me... I'll check myself when I can play... eventually. Maybe FOmarl has it slower... seeing she's usually slower with most melee/gun weapons (except shots.... man she's fast with that Bazooka) That spikes another question, what's up with Inferno Bazooka? Fires and has the animation of shot, yet attacks 1 target? (I guess it's one of those weapons that are a little more unique compared to the others in it's class)

Soukosa
Jan 29, 2004, 08:12 PM
I'm not sure how it is with all the classes, but with a FOmarl without any battle units on, the saber animation is a bit slower than the cane animation.

Genoa
Jan 29, 2004, 08:19 PM
yeah cause with FOmar, I can't see a difference. And I only have General/Battle (which is hard to tell the difference with anything with anyways). When I get God/Battle, which I will, i'll check myself.

Firocket1690
Jan 29, 2004, 08:53 PM
Think of it like this. The game has a few exceptions to everything.

A HU can't equip a Madam's Parasol (sword icon) because it is FO Only.

A RAmarl can't equip a Drill Launcher(?) because it is male RA only.

A FO ..... *can't think of any exceptions*

but still, I was kinda referring back to the HU icon and FO equipment thingy. =)

VulpesMundi
Jan 29, 2004, 09:32 PM
On 2004-01-29 16:49, MegamanX wrote:
There's a difference? Is it the speed?

Yeah. A saber animation is a little faster than a cane animation. The Sting Tip has the saber animation speed, while, say, a Windmill has the cane animation speed. They have the icons in front of them to indicate that accordingly.

Genoa
Jan 29, 2004, 09:38 PM
oh, *learns something new* http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Soukosa
Jan 29, 2004, 10:23 PM
On 2004-01-29 17:53, Firocket1690 wrote:

*blink blink* To my knowledge, HUs can equip the Parasol, but I don't have (yet) to make sure on that. RAmarls can equip the Drill Launcher since its android only.

Corey
Jan 29, 2004, 10:27 PM
On 2004-01-29 19:23, Sounomi wrote:

On 2004-01-29 17:53, Firocket1690 wrote:

*blink blink* To my knowledge, HUs can equip the Parasol, but I don't have (yet) to make sure on that. RAmarls can equip the Drill Launcher since its android only.

How can a RAmarl equip it if it's android only...do you mean RAcaseal? Or did you make a typo?

Just curious.

Soukosa
Jan 29, 2004, 10:33 PM
Oopsie http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif I meant "can't." Thanks for saying something.