PDA

View Full Version : PSOX-US: File Hacking (this isn't what it looks like) anyone

xxxxLiGeRxxxx
Jan 29, 2004, 11:33 PM
Ok so here is whats up... I have a modded xbox (samsung drive, 200gig hd, chameleon mod chip.. the good stuff) anyways... i was looking at the files for pso on my F: drive (not the game save files, i copied my pso cd to my hd) and I noticed some of the creature files like the file for volopt and dark bringer and stuff like that... so Im going to try and rename some of them... so that instead of a booma or whatever comes up in the forest on normal a dark bringer or something of the kind shows up... or maybe even a boss (if i can find the file)... so i was just wondering if anyone has attempted to try this.. heh might make piping for special characters a little easier ; ).. oh and if anyone knows what language pso was written in please tell... i tried opening some of the files in visual C++ but only got the lame hex... might have that crazy windows encryption on it... but i don't know... anyways... so anyone try this before? any tips would be help...

Thanx LiGeR

SpyroDi
Jan 29, 2004, 11:37 PM
I'm not sure if this is against the Forum Rules,but oh well.

The PSO font I think is simply made up. And that enemy thing,that sounds fun...*recalls the time my friend got killed by an Ill Gill in the Ruins the second the New Year started*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SpyroDi on 2004-01-29 20:38 ]</font>

ABDUR101
Jan 29, 2004, 11:38 PM
Don't discuss hacking the game in anyway, and yeaaaah, hacking apart the data is just that.

ABDUR101
Exactly!

anwserman
Um, first off...

1) PSOW doesn't support hacking meant for personal gain, such as for rare enemies
2) No one here would dare ask how to hack
3) This will be either an insta-ban or a +1 warning, with original thread removed.

Good day to you.