PDA

View Full Version : Dating Advice

anwserman
Jan 30, 2004, 05:25 PM
No, this isn't going to be about me getting dating advice, but I just need to make sure about the dating advice I gave out was decent.

OK, since Mitch was over Wednesday night, with our almost 2 hour talk, he was talking about how his girlfriend has changed personality wise, and that she's more annoying then his sister. That she is really moody for nothing, yells at him for no good reason, etc. You do have to take my word on this though, he told me stuff in more detail but I'm not going to post it.

So during our Alg class today, he walked in and sat by me as usual, and I started talking about plans for the summer, just because its frickin wintertime and its freezing - which was immediately squashed by the fact that he said that he had a bad night and a bad morning and that he was pissed. I asked if he wanted to rant about it sometime, and he said a firm "No.", which kinda did surprise me.

So, considering his girlfriend came up last night, at 9:30 PM, and that he admitted he was having issues with her, it seemed natural that she was the problem. So, during the class (we were reviewing and stuff), I simply wrote him a page long note explaining everything that I've noticed - ranging from how I see him as a friend (a well-mannered, nice, mature and good-looking man that could have any girl in the world that he would want) and to how I saw him in the relationship with his GF, and how mentally unstable he might become if he stays in the 'verbally' abusive relationship.

So, I made this point clear to him: He has two choices, and he must choose one. A) Continue with the relationship, with effort to change his girlfriend to the way she was before (back in the days when she wasn't so moody), or B) Break up with his girlfriend. I wrote that the first choice would be the hard one, but would also give him what he is craving, a relationship like it was before.... and that he has to choose one, that if he doesn't and the relationship stays like it is now, that his mental stability will eventually deteroriate. Earlier, Mitch did also state that part of the mess was his fault.

I also stated that I've made fuckups and I've done things in the past that I wish I wouldn't have done, but that this was the best I could do and that I was trying to be a good friend.

Well, after class, and after he read the note, he *did* cheer up, though he made the statement that "I know what I want to do, but I don't want to do it." I kinda figured what that meant (second choice), but he certainly seemed cheer up, and we were talking about when he would be coming back from GB, which I figured would be Monday. And I'd said that I'd be available for ranting after Monday night volleyball in case it would be needed, and he smiled. He asked if I had a group discount for ranting sessions, so he could bring his friends up here too. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

So yeah, even though I did add some story to my post, was my dating advice decent enough (given the amount of information I provided)? I mean, I've never gone out with anyone, let alone go on a single date, so I'm kinda worried about the advice I gave. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Sord
Jan 30, 2004, 05:29 PM
looks fine to me...

Surprised you haven't ask Mitch to join PSOW, even though he's probably never played the game, unless you made him.

anwserman
Jan 30, 2004, 05:32 PM
On 2004-01-30 14:29, Sord wrote:
looks fine to me...

Surprised you haven't ask Mitch to join PSOW, even though he's probably never played the game, unless you made him.

Hahahahahahaha! Funny experience with PSO.
He was playing his own character, the HUmar, when we were in V.Hard Ruins with the Oran section ID, when he killed a Dark Belra, and it dropped a DB's Shield. This was the same night as above... and he was like "I found treasure! Yay!" (Yay was from Crank Yankers), and my jaw dropped. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

It was his first time playing, too!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: anwserman on 2004-01-30 14:33 ]</font>

Sord
Jan 30, 2004, 05:35 PM
On 2004-01-30 14:32, anwserman wrote:

On 2004-01-30 14:29, Sord wrote:
looks fine to me...

Hahahahahahaha! Funny experience with PSO.
He was playing his own character, the HUmar, when we were in V.Hard Ruins with the Oran section ID, when he killed a Dark Belra, and it dropped a DB's Shield. This was the same night as above... and he was like "I found treasure! Yay!" (Yay was from Crank Yankers), and my jaw dropped. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

It was his first time playing, too!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: anwserman on 2004-01-30 14:33 ]</font>

I hate crank yankers, anyways, if he plays, that makes it more surprising he isn't on here.

kingmurp
Jan 31, 2004, 08:34 AM
One of my friends recently told me that he told my ex gf to break up with me. She's that stupid and gullible that she took his advice. I'm glad I have friends who watch out for me in weird ways. I'm still a little depressed (loneliness issues mostly). I can honestly say I'm better off tho.

ZAVM
Feb 1, 2004, 11:24 PM
The only way 95% of the people on PSOW will get a date is through alcohol or prostitution.

anwserman
Feb 1, 2004, 11:34 PM
On 2004-02-01 20:24, ZAVM wrote:
The only way 95% of the people on PSOW will get a date is through alcohol or prostitution.

If you aren't going to post something productive, please don't post at all.

KaFKa
Feb 1, 2004, 11:45 PM
On 2004-02-01 20:24, ZAVM wrote:

just shut the fuck up...

to answerman: it seems to be the most you could have done... *nod* all i can say is best of luck...

opaopajr
Feb 2, 2004, 04:33 AM
heh, that wisecrack was funny http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif i liked it!

by the way, what you said was cool and all, but a word of advice, especially pertaining to romantic relationships of others:

unasked for advice is usually unwanted advice.

so be careful. sometimes the people we love need to fall on their ass to wake up and choose to get back up. and all the warnings we can give may fall on resentful ears.

though expressing feelings is ok (feelings can't be argued with, because only you know what you are feeling). so in that same situation it'd be ok to say, "lately i feel you are behaving like a different person. one that i feel doesn't seem happy and this leaves me feeling worried." if they don't offer anything after that i'd stay out of it (unless it's critically dangerous).

laisse faire is more than for just the economy folks http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif