PDA

View Full Version : How to configurate adsl modem to play PSO please

1stouroboros
Jan 30, 2004, 06:08 PM
PLEASE,PLEASE someone PERHAPS could HELP ME.

This is my prob,i've got the game cube and adsl modem,and i've phone to TISCALI.fr who's my net server and i've asked how to configurate for being able to play PSO online,and he couldn't help me saying that he don't know how to,so if someone got tiscali has webserver can he send me an exemple of adsl configuration.
I've put
got ip auto,but after that i've something to wrote???cos it don't work........Please please please HELP ME

THX FOR HELPING ME

VioletSkye
Jan 30, 2004, 06:36 PM
We have a tech support forum for a reason http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif Are you using PPPOE? If so go into your Network options and select use pppoe and then enter your username and password.

Also this will get moved to the tech support forum and they will want to know what type of setup you are using. Is it a direct connect, ICS (internet connection sharing), or are you using something like a router or hub?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2004-01-30 15:40 ]</font>

Rich_T
Jan 31, 2004, 05:50 AM
With Tiscali and most other European ISPs, your most likely to be using PPoAtm.
You probably have a USB modem, which tiscali provided you with when you signed up for their ADSL service.

you can use these to get onlne with PSO/Xboxlive

you need a Crossover ethernet cable it must be a crossover cable as a normal one wont work.

you need a P.C running at least windows 98se and up.

you need a spare ethernet socket on your p.c ( same as the gamecube BBA

you need a gamecube Broadband adaptor

with windows XP, go to the network conections folder, and highlight the tiscali conection, right click on it, and select properties, somewhere on there will be an option for internet conection sharing, or allow other computers to conect to the internet through this one.

plug the crossover cable into a spare ehternet socket/network card on the back of your p.c

plug the other end into your gamecube

switch on your gamecube, and you should get a message on your p.c saying "local area conection conected"

if not you need to set everything on your gamecube to automatic, using the pso network setting menu.

conect your p.c to the internet, and now you should be able to play pso online.