PDA

View Full Version : rare drops

Spliffman
Jan 31, 2004, 05:07 AM
I had an intersting thing happen last week.I completed all offline quests, the last one being soul of steel because it is my least favourite quest. During sos I found a god/body off a merlan.

Just before i finished the quest, my hps light for my ???special plants came on and caused a power surge which cut the power, so I lost all the progress, and my god/body.

Anyway, a few days later I went through the last quests again, and found a god/body off the same merlan in the same quest.

i am starting to think of a nother explanation about the rare drops. Perhaps, before you start a level, a beat time is predetermined for a rare to drop. Now whethee at that beat time you open a box, kill a boss or enemy, the rare will drop.

However, what I am about to try is playing through forest until i find a rare,switch off without saving, reset the beats to where they were before the forest run, and then killing things in another level around the same beat time to see if this a correct theory.

it may be far out, but no fucker has sussed out this drop theory yet, even with all those people wasting their time with item excavations which so far have shed no light whatsoever on this subject.

i'll post back with results in a few days.

peace

Spliffman
Feb 1, 2004, 04:34 AM
Ok, i definitley think there could be something in this theory. I just did a forest run and my first drop was a last survivor in a box at beat 425.

I switched off the gc and reset the beats, and did a caves run, and found a red dagger at beat 424 off a crimson ass.

i am about to reset again (I have red daggers twice already and these had no %) and try an episode II level to see what happens.

I'll post back later with results.

peace