PDA

View Full Version : ASDFASD Ok, about forces.

Uncle_bob
Jan 31, 2004, 11:00 AM
Uncle isn't mad at anyone but the "Which Fo is best?" kind of topics are getting a bit annoying.

Hopefully this will get stickied and people will just read this to make their decision.

Fomar- Human male. Most ATP of the forces, lowest ATA in the game, 2nd lowest DFP. 30% boost to GI-techs, shifta and deband range boost. This character is recommended if you like meleeing and using attack techs.

Fomarl- Human female. 2nd highest ATP of forces but more ATA than Fomar. Lowest MST of forces, lowest EVP in the game, most DFP of forces. 50% boost to Grants. Shifta, deband, resta, and anti ranges boosted.

Fonewm- Newman male. 2nd lowest ATP in the game, meleeing isn't recommended. Higher ATA than fomar and fomarl though, 2nd highest MST. 30% boost to GI and RA techs.

Fonewearl- Newman female. Lowest ATP in the game, not good for meleeing. VERY high EVP however, highest MST in the game too. 30% boost to simple techs, resta and anti range boost.

KingChaos
Jan 31, 2004, 11:02 AM
im sure fomarls have 30% boost on gi techs too

Uncle_bob
Jan 31, 2004, 11:05 AM
On 2004-01-31 08:02, FOnewm_Chaos wrote:
im sure fomarls have 30% boost on gi techs too

Nope, Uncle has a level 180 fomarl and can be 100% sure she doesn't have a GI tech boost.

Hrith
Jan 31, 2004, 11:46 AM
Uncle in General http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

well I don't know about stickying this, there are guides, after all.

Uncle_bob
Jan 31, 2004, 11:48 AM
On 2004-01-31 08:46, Kefka wrote:
Uncle in General http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

well I don't know about stickying this, there are guides, after all.

Well, atleast one of these "Which is better?!!" threads pop up atleast once a week. If they won't read the guides they just MIGHT read a sticky topic about it.

Thepandaman
Jan 31, 2004, 02:48 PM
lol where would this forum be without "which character...." topics. It's a good point though, as only a handful of them even ask something else with it, like which ID to go with it. You might want to add about weapon casting speed, as I love the fomars unarmed casting speed, and I see that a a bonus to that character, and it's useful to know when starting a new character.

navci
Jan 31, 2004, 02:56 PM
Though, this is the thing. Everytime someone ask a question like this, people would end up putting in opinion and first hand experience.. like melee FOnewearl/FOnewm, and why they should be done. Heh.

I think questions are still gonna get asked.

HairyGoat
Jan 31, 2004, 03:13 PM
I hope you didn't make this thread because of my thread. I just wanted to know people's opinions on which character I should do, and which ID I should have.

Uncle_bob
Jan 31, 2004, 03:34 PM
On 2004-01-31 12:13, HairyGoat wrote:
I hope you didn't make this thread because of my thread. I just wanted to know people's opinions on which character I should do, and which ID I should have.

Well, not specifically you, and no offesne to you. It's just annoying seeing the "Which fo?" topics being posted over and over again. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

Black000Moon
Jan 31, 2004, 04:32 PM
On 2004-01-31 08:00, Uncle_bob wrote:
Uncle isn't mad at anyone but the "Which Fo is best?" kind of topics are getting a bit annoying.

Hopefully this will get stickied and people will just read this to make their decision.

Fomar- Human male. Most ATP of the forces, lowest ATA in the game, 2nd lowest DFP. 30% boost to GI-techs, shifta and deband range boost. This character is recommended if you like meleeing and using attack techs.

Fomarl- Human female. 2nd highest ATP of forces but more ATA than Fomar. Lowest MST of forces, lowest EVP in the game, most DFP of forces. 50% boost to Grants. Shifta, deband, resta, and anti ranges boosted.

Fonewm- Newman male. 2nd lowest ATP in the game, meleeing isn't recommended. Higher ATA than fomar and fomarl though, 2nd highest MST. 30% boost to GI and RA techs.

Fonewearl- Newman female. Lowest ATP in the game, not good for meleeing. 2nd highest EVP in the game, highest MST in the game too. 30% boost to simple techs, resta and anti range boost.

Hito_kiri
Jan 31, 2004, 06:02 PM
Andriods can wet the bed ?!?! Who said games didn't teach u anything. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

anwserman
Jan 31, 2004, 06:07 PM
Or better yet with the forces, or with all characters.

Choose one that looks interesting. If you hate the character at level 10, you can recreate it. Keep on repeating until you find a character that you enjoy and would like to continue playing as. Simple as that.

Because when it comes down to it, the characters in their purest form...
Hunters are meant for upclose combat
Rangers are meant for distance combat
Forces are meant to use techniques and support

I don't care whether or not you actually your character as they are assumed to be play as, it just boils down to that. Want upclose and personal? HUnter. Want distant fighting? RAnger. Want to use magic? FOrce. It doesn't matter which actual character you choose, as they all excel in their specific catagory.

Black000Moon
Feb 2, 2004, 04:09 PM
On 2004-01-31 15:07, anwserman wrote:
Or better yet with the forces, or with all characters.

Choose one that looks interesting. If you hate the character at level 10, you can recreate it. Keep on repeating until you find a character that you enjoy and would like to continue playing as. Simple as that.

Because when it comes down to it, the characters in their purest form...
Hunters are meant for upclose combat
Rangers are meant for distance combat
Forces are meant to beat the shit out of all the classes with uber techniques and they are not your support bitch 24/7

I don't care whether or not you actually your character as they are assumed to be play as, it just boils down to that. Want upclose and personal? HUnter. Want distant fighting? RAnger. Want to use magic? FOrce. It doesn't matter which actual character you choose, as they all excel in their specific catagory.

true

Da_Wrecka
Feb 2, 2004, 09:14 PM
On 2004-01-31 08:00, Uncle_bob wrote:

They also get a nominal boost to Grants.

Didn't miss much out here.

Or here.

Fonewearl- Newman female. Lowest ATP in the game, not good for meleeing. VERY high EVP however, highest MST in the game too. 30% boost to simple techs, resta and anti range boost.

Don't forget that FOnewearls have a natural Megid advantage. All other Forces can only hit one enemy at a time with Megid whether it works on that enemy or not, but a FOnewearl's Megid ball will continue going through an enemy and up to its maximum range, potentially killing any enemy it hits. Other Forces can do the same, but only with certain weapons, such as the impossible-to-get-legitimately Dark Bridge, while FOnewearls can do that as soon as they learn Megid.

Gaurdian
Feb 2, 2004, 10:02 PM
NONE are best. Hunters are..........duh. that should strike up some anger..i was joking really..don't cry.