PDA

View Full Version : Serial number already used... is there a way to fix this?

Cap_Canuk
Jan 31, 2004, 11:03 PM
if I'm using a second hand copy of PSO (like, there ARE no new copies around), how do I go about releasing the serial number so I can use it online?
I can't believe there isn't some way of dealing with this.

VioletSkye
Feb 1, 2004, 01:13 AM
On 2004-01-31 20:03, Cap_Canuk wrote:
if I'm using a second hand copy of PSO (like, there ARE no new copies around), how do I go about releasing the serial number so I can use it online?
I can't believe there isn't some way of dealing with this.

If the previous owner had purchased a HL, then chances are they will not release it. This is taken directly from their faq:

"I'm trying to create a new account, but the system won't accept my Serial Number and Access Key. Why is this?
It could be that you are using the Serial Number and/or Access Key from a different version of PSO (such as the Dreamcast version). Make sure you are entering this info from your copy of PSO Episode I & II for GameCube.

It could also be that someone else had already purchased a Hunter's License using your Serial Number and Access Key. If this is the case, then you will NOT be able to purchase a Hunters License with that copy of PSO. This is because the Serial Number is already tied to another account."

You may try contacting them however to doublecheck and see if something can be done.

Aldaris
Feb 5, 2004, 10:08 AM
if you bought the game from another person that had it online your gonna have to get his user name and password to go in the account and change the info. so that you can use it online

Cap_Canuk
Feb 6, 2004, 12:48 AM
Well, as it turns out, the previous owner never used it online and never registered it.
On the phone, SEGA tried to convince me that, yes, it HAD been used online. but eventually, they had to admit that the serial number was NOT on record, that it had never been used online, and that their stupid server was to blame!
So I am now the proud papa of a PSO HL for GC.
yaaaaay!
Now, as I said in another post, all I need is my keyboard.