PDA

View Full Version : Victorious... yet still a failure...

Genoa
Feb 1, 2004, 01:09 PM
Well, for those who didn't know (almost everyone), This weekend, Me and Sef were at an AFJROTC Drill competition down in Bloomingdale High School (florida, near tampa). We took the big wood home this weekend. And in every competition, there are things called IDRs that go on all day every 30 minutes (Individual Drill Reutine). In Navy ROTC they call it Knock Outs. Dunno about the others. Anyways, I made in into the finals (if you come in the last 3 in the every 30minute IDR's you're in the finals). Well, the final had I think maybe 50-60 people in it, me and Sef were in it. We were right next to eachother when we started off, and he got tapped out the 1st movement cause some stupid little detail. Well, eventually all the people from my School had been tapped out... except me... (I couldn't see this at the time) I made it to the Final 6. They put us at ease for a sec and the everyone else (from all the other schools) aplauded us. Then we were back in action, we did about 4 more movements, we were at a Half-Right Face at Present Arms. The 6 judges came up to everyone and throughly inspected us. Well, one of them tapped out a person behind me (then there was 6 left), then he tapped out the person beside me (5 left now).... then.... he came up to my feet, put his foot between my shoes to see if I had the correct distance... He said they were like.... - much off. *Tap, your out*. So I was 1 place away from placing. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif *boos and hoos* (not infront of everyone though, though I do think people noticed I was quite disappointed) And then when we sat back down with our schools (cause they were gunna anounce the trophies for Drill team and Color Guard) I had to hear the whole pitty speach from everyone. "ah man, so close, you did good, almost there, your still #1 to us, blah blah blah." I want 1st! And even though i'm only a 2nd year (1st in drill team so technically you can say 1st year) I really think I could have won! I never fell for the trick or improper commands. I followed all commands correctly, I just have to work on perfecting the movements. Oh well, atleast we got overall school trophie! Probably would have gotten 3rd place for our 2nd team if I hadn't had F***ed up getting into the inspection room. I'm the guide-on on my team so wherever I go in file formation, everyone else goes. And I went in the wrong room (felt like an idiot). And then the commander told me "you have to listen better to my briefings next time ok!" Which means he probably won't recommend me to 1st team anytime soon, which means I won't be able to be with the person that I like on that team. Also, if I were to place top 3 in the Final IDR, he might have considered moving me up. RRrrrr, why did I have to go in the wrong room! Why were my feet off! *hides in corner and puts CD player on and ignores all human contact* <---(I do it every time I fail at something)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MegamanX on 2004-02-01 14:25 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MegamanX on 2004-02-01 14:27 ]</font>

ABDUR101
Feb 1, 2004, 05:28 PM
ok, don't take this the wrong way, but please use paragraphs. Most people are going to click into this thread, see a massive paragraph with no breaks, and not bother reading it. It makes it incredibly hard to read when it's all bunched together. =

But from the topic title: Congratulations!

Kent
Feb 1, 2004, 06:54 PM
*Skims over obnoxious block of text*

Congratulations on your failure!

Sord
Feb 1, 2004, 07:16 PM
well, that must suck...what are you listening to?

Genoa
Feb 1, 2004, 07:20 PM
Evanescence (fallen)
Three Days Grace
Creed (human clay)
(in that order)

Sord
Feb 1, 2004, 07:31 PM
On 2004-02-01 16:20, MegamanX wrote:
Evanescence (fallen)
Three Days Grace
Creed (human clay)
(in that order)

listen to When Worlds Collide by Powerman 5000

"Cause this is what it's like when worlds COLIDE!!! ARE YOU READY TO GO?! ARE YOU READY TO GO?! YEAH, PLAY ME, PLAY ME!"

goku4ever
Feb 2, 2004, 01:48 PM
urm grats? btw wot competition was it?

Genoa
Feb 2, 2004, 03:30 PM
Drill Competition. It was raining though, so we couldn't do exhibition. We competed with 2 Drill Teams and 2 Color Guards. And the 2 catagories of events in both drill t. and color g. are inspection and regulation (drill and color g. regulation) Color Guard also did Special (not exactly sure what it is... but it's cool). I'm on the 2nd Drill Team. It's for AFJROTC (airforce junior reserve officer training corps)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MegamanX on 2004-02-02 12:31 ]</font>

Anubis_
Feb 2, 2004, 04:33 PM
Those knockout drills are never acurate.. The first 60 people are always cut loose for no good reason.. The simple fact is they really dont have time to evaluate everyone corectly.. especialy when theyre are so many people to compete at once.. I stoped competing in those along time ago.. When i went to nationals my senior year.. I competed just for the fun of it.. And sneezed purposly in formation..
Not to say It was easy to do what you did.. I never place in knockout drills..

Genoa
Feb 2, 2004, 08:30 PM
Yeah, cause after the IDR, on the ride back home, the corps commander was like "you should have won, the girl who did had moved her hand to adjust it toward the seam of her pants... she cheated. She had no integrity. And I always fall out myself when I know i'm either completely off, hesitated/executed command too quickly, or execute a command incorrectly. Mostly because I think they noticed my mistake and I don't want to look like a sor loser or something. I know when i'm wrong, I can face it. But NOOO, the big Captain cheated to beat the rest of us.