PDA

View Full Version : The Top ways to be a GREAT PSO Player!

Ice_
Apr 14, 2001, 04:38 PM
OK here is what i think makes a great PSO player GOOD... and fun to paly with..

1. KNOW UR WAY AROUND...

2. KNOW UR WEAPONS

3. Genorous( how is that spelled?)

4. Revives teammates and doesnt just try too kill evreything..

5. Heals teamates ( exception for androids ... its hard to find StarAutomizers)

6. Is kind and not Cocky/Mean/ ASSHOLE

7. Helps out Newcommers and doesn't just try to make sure they themselfs get all the kills and stay alive...

Thats all that I can think of of the top of my head..... What else could be added/ critsized?

merlin
Apr 14, 2001, 06:51 PM
The ABSOLUTE most satisfying thing about PSO is helping newbies,without a doubt!!!All you high levels out there owe it to the game to do so.I've noticed that the number of thieves/ scammers/ cheaters out there is dwindling as well. Those kind of people always get bored and eventually move on to something else.Looks like their time finally came around, eh??

bretonstyle16
Apr 14, 2001, 07:56 PM
I agree, too bad everyone isn't this way...but it ain't a perfect worldhttp://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

Gradius
Apr 14, 2001, 08:19 PM
The best player is one that plays alone, then they can do whatever they want and they bother no one.

IceBlink
Apr 14, 2001, 08:24 PM
Good points which every aspiring paladin should take. ^_^

It's not necessary to know all weapons, but which ones will be helpful for the newbie's character and the type of playing he or she does. ^_^

Hmmm... if you can, buy tech disks and give them to the newbies, along with 1-2-3-4 slot frames, if you can, along with angelmind or godminds. ^_^

Indeed, be generous. ^_^ Joke around a little too, that will make you seem a easy-going person who doesn't appear to be stuck-up. ^_^

Offer advice. Tell them to use the gizonde or razonde you've just given to them against a bunch of monsters, then run away to safety. ^_^

All in all, you want to set a good example of how PSO should be played as - a online community. ^_^

Drake47
Apr 14, 2001, 08:40 PM
You also need to know how different techniques effect different enemies and understanding your Mag is also important.

Wu
Apr 14, 2001, 08:44 PM
Helping newbs that deserve it!

I was using my FO to walk a few kids through normal (he's only level 27, and Im scared of Hard solo, lol) and some duper runs in and asks if anyone wants a weapon. Two others went up, but one stayed behind saying "No thanks, thats not my style" or something. So I waited till the other two left, walked her around a few more levels shifta/deband/jellen/ "what ever that other weakening spell is" the baddies for her, she says thanks. I had to go, get her card.
Find her the next day, and give her good stuff she can use (really, what use would a Lavis be to a lvl 17 HUnewearl?). Invisible guard, hit mats, mind mats, slotted armor, god/power. Knowing me, and seeing my lvl 91 HUcast, she knew it was all kosher, and was very happy, very nice. There is no feeling like that.

MechDan
Apr 14, 2001, 09:08 PM
One thing to keep in mind is to only give newbies a "little" help with items.

Give him a Knight/Power++ and a General/Arm--, not a bunch of Ogre/Powers and Elf/Arms.

Give him a Mechgun+3 with +15% bonus against Machine, not a Vise+9 with +35% Machine/+40% Dark.

Why? Because it spoils the excitement if he gets stuff that's much better than what he can find himself. Remember how excited you were around level 11 when suddenly "Marksman/Arm" showed up in the shop and you thought--cool, now I can finally arm that Autogun +1? Well, it's hard to get worked up about that when you were given a level 200 mag and a Spread Needle.

kanyon
Apr 15, 2001, 02:07 AM
I always try to go the generously helping newbies route. Always fun to help them and give them good stuff. I can't even count how many newer people I've helped by dropping a Double Sabre or such, just to make their games more interesting and fun. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

"Who's better than kanyon?"

kanyon
Apr 15, 2001, 02:10 AM
Woo hoo, I got my happy titlehttp://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif Thanks admins.

"Who's better than kanyon?" Nobody! lol

Heero_Yuy
Apr 15, 2001, 02:12 AM
Well hey by those 7 standards i am a GREAT PSO player^_^ But i already knew that 1 ^_^

Rubius-sama
Apr 15, 2001, 02:45 AM
I tend to feel like i am best hunter (HUmar) when i play alone mostly..., or with a force who does not atack enemies head-on....

....anyways, if u got a fighting spirit, like me, you will be a great PSO player by lvl 100 (if u r HUmar)~^____^~~!

I help others too....its best to raise new mags when ur high lvl ( maybe to around 25-30) then give 'em to newbies....like i do

....helps 'em alot too~^__^