PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Team Makeup

SpiffyDude42
Feb 2, 2004, 10:15 AM
Suppose you're going down to Ragol with three others in your party. Assuming that everyone plays their character excellently, what four classes do you think make up the best team? Of course, also assume that your party is in a challenging area and isn't overleveled.

I'm gonna have to say:
HUcast (Pure power!)
HUmar (Powerful/Heal others when Force is busy)
RAcast (Powerful Ranger, and can set off traps)
FOnewearl (Extra Resta/Anti powers, and boosted simple techs for extra damage)

What's yours?

kingmurp
Feb 2, 2004, 11:09 AM
In all reality, a perfect team requires a well played FO. I have a FO, it's not that hard to play. SD and JZ is all it takes. Whatever the FO does in the mean time is okay with me. A cast or caseal that understands "OMG TR4P5 R T3H R0><0R!!1" would be nice too. Most people are too busy with there "1337" items that they forget the basics. I spend a good portion of the time playing support FO no matter what char I am (HUcast excluded). I understand that you can't cast when getting mobbed, can't trap when out, and can't cover someone when it's too hectic.

Butoden
Feb 2, 2004, 11:39 AM
4 Rangers with Spreads will clear a room before the enemies will even begin to attack you... 4 Rangers without Spreads will clear a room before the enemies will even begin to attack you too actually. 4 Rangers... -_-;

muff
Feb 2, 2004, 04:28 PM
1 Fonewearl, mostly support, casts occasional simple tech on an enemy.

Hucast, power and trap supplier.

RAcast, I find the team's always better with a ranger and these are my faveroite to play with.

1 Hunewearl, what's the perfect team without the perfect hunewearl? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

GuerillaPimp
Feb 2, 2004, 08:12 PM
1 me
2 me
3 me
4 me

Im pretty adept at handling things by myself

rhymmney
Feb 3, 2004, 10:33 AM
A perfect team? A team that plays well... has a sense of humour, and is polite to each other. That being said... you gotta have a fo-I don't care which kind as long as they do what is needed to support. In trappy places it is nice to have a racaseal or racast to get rid of those pesky traps, along with another ranger to kill, kill, kill. The other char? Hunter class just because... swords always look good on the screen? Is that a good answer? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Ayaname
Feb 3, 2004, 10:41 AM
Well, I have an idea of my perfect team...

1. HUneweral (Power and Support Magic)
2. RAmarl or RAcaseal (Because they rock so much at support fire)
3. HUcaseal (The right mixture of power and traps)
4. FOmarl or FOneweral (Support Magic and Megid!)

There you have it. =D

lain2k3
Feb 3, 2004, 11:31 AM
Episode 1:
HUnewearl
HUcast
RAcaseal
FOmarl

Episode 2:
HUcaseal
RAmarl
RAcast
FOnewearl

non-boss Episode 2:
Fonewearl
Fonewearl
Fonewearl
Fonewearl

megid pwnz.

KaFKa
Feb 3, 2004, 12:23 PM
HUnewearl
HUcast
RAcast/caseal/marl
FOmarl/newearl/newm

HUmar is halfway acceptable in the abscence of a HUneweal, but thats only if you feel like dealing with the usual nubness of them...

ILLI
Feb 3, 2004, 12:45 PM
No one likes Ramars.. sniff..

I am shunned in cmode and NOW in public rooms.. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

anwserman
Feb 3, 2004, 12:46 PM
In Labyrithine Trial with my force (we didn't get the ring, unfortunately. By like 30 seconds), everybody was hooting and hollering - this was XBox now - because I was an actual force who *gasped* casted Jellen and Zalure, and maintained the flow of Shifta, Deband and Resta!

Hahahah, though we would have flown through the caves if I wouldn't have been melee on that character, so right now I'm making a 195 MIND mag, just for those instances where a melee FOnewearl wouldn't be best (timed challenges and Vol Opt, VR Dragon) thanks to the unlucky St. Rappy. It has like 64 mind on it right now too.

Mark3 MIND Mag, eventually a Saturn! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Silver-X
Feb 3, 2004, 04:20 PM
Sir Paladin the HUmar
Auracom the RAcast
and i was the meelee FOmar (support also ofcourse)

We pretty much pwned everything.

yep ,good ol times http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Black000Moon
Feb 3, 2004, 05:41 PM
HUnewearl
RAcast
FOnewearl or FOmarl
HUmar

Wood_Golem
Feb 3, 2004, 06:35 PM
FRIKEN AUTO REFRESH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahem.. when me and my friends play its mostly a HUnters affair..

HUnewearl - (me) Support and melee
HUcaseal - Traps and DOUBLE CANNON + 86 LCK OWNAGE
HUcast - Traps and BEETTEHSHEETOUTOFSTUFF
RAcast - Wannabe HUnter with MY Twin Blaze trying to compete with the other characters.. god i hate that big friken THUMP THUMP SOUND GOD that and RAcasts are ugly as sin.

Me and the HUcaseal person allways made part of the teams so the 2 replacements when the HUcast or RAcast weren't around would usually be FOnewearl IN THE HANDS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ALIVE or yet another HUcast.

Can't use portuguese symbol in site http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wood_Golem on 2004-02-03 15:40 ]</font>

Miso
Feb 3, 2004, 06:36 PM
fonewearl-good mst
hucast-good atp
racaseal-good dfp
fomarl-back up 4 hucast and fonewearl w/ pretty good mst and atp

SpiffyDude42
Feb 3, 2004, 07:02 PM
*Stares at how far his first-ever topic has come along*

Whoah...

Keep 'em coming, people!

Skorpius
Feb 4, 2004, 01:00 AM
Power: HUcast, RAcast, FOnewm
Range: HUcaseal, RAmar, Fonewearl
Support: HUnewearl, RAcaseal, FOmar
All-rounded: HUmar, RAmarl, FOmarl

mix and match one character from each type and i will be super happy. i will give a couple examples of some fun games, with me being the FOmarl.
Androids:
Power - HUcast
Range - HUcaseal
Support - RAcaseal
All Force:
Power - FOnewm
Range - FOnewearl
Support - FOmar

AppieDPC
Feb 5, 2004, 08:27 AM
-HUnewearl (HUmar has way too crappy resta to "support" the team even a little when the FO is busy).
-FOnewearl (Support and Damage and for CCA and Seabed a mothafukkin owning Megid)
-RAmarl (any RA will do but I prefer this one http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif )
-HUcast (with the support of 2 ghetto fo's and a real fo shouldn't have any problem making use of his full potential http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif )

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AppieDPC on 2004-02-05 05:28 ]</font>

Garm
Feb 5, 2004, 09:49 AM
Humar & Hucast: kills every thing without s/d
Racast: to make them kill even faster
Fomar or Fonewm: melle fo or tech fo we makes them kill even more faster?

flash_fire
Feb 5, 2004, 09:59 AM
FOmar, RAcast, HUcast, HUnewearl

rena-ko
Feb 5, 2004, 10:04 AM
4 people who play fair, know what they're doing, dont solely rely on their equipment, dont go solo and do what is best for the team.

on a sidenote, i hate it when there are two equal casters in the game (i.e. 2 forces, or 2 hunewearls). but thats a personal thing and can be solved.

PatserGOUKI
Feb 5, 2004, 10:40 AM
On 2004-02-05 05:27, AppieDPC wrote:
-HUnewearl (HUmar has way too crappy resta to "support" the team even a little when the FO is busy).
-FOnewearl (Support and Damage and for CCA and Seabed a mothafukkin owning Megid)
-RAmarl (any RA will do but I prefer this one http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif )
-HUcast (with the support of 2 ghetto fo's and a real fo shouldn't have any problem making use of his full potential http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif )

1st agree... no comment
2nd agree : YEAH THA MOTHAFUKKIN MEGID 0wns j00! Allthough i am a FOmarl fan...
3rd ramar : im a RAmar fan. They can do more than racasts. Also the better ATA is that counts to me then...
4th agree : and a bot for the traps etc. And the real power.

But I have to say instead of other people might think: it really depends on items carried! (we can discuss this later and even test this) http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
And the player's abilities.

PatserGOUKI

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PatserGOUKI on 2004-02-05 07:43 ]</font>

Travvell
Feb 5, 2004, 11:26 AM
1 FONewm
3 Hunewearls

or

1 FOnewm
2 HUnewearls
1 RAmar

SLASH SLASH SLASH!!
**HEAL HEAL**
(Repeat...)

Kent
Feb 5, 2004, 01:38 PM
HUcast/HUcaseal
HUnewearl
FOmar
FOmarl

Here, the key is versatility. The HUcast/HUcaseal's purpose is to provide raw power, both melee and ranged, and trap detection, the HUnewearl also provides plenty of power, as well as plenty of prowess with techniques for backup. The FOmar (me) can provide both powerful technique damage, as well as a very good amount of melee damage, and the FOmarl can deal massive Grants damage as well as good support and healing technique range and a good bit of melee damage as well.

No space wasted on a deadweight Ranger.

And yes, this party setup is tried and true, two Forces and two Hunters can get pretty much anything done, and they can do it well.

ThatOneGuy
Feb 5, 2004, 04:21 PM
1. FOnewm- Ive noticed a lack of them ever since FOmars have been recognized as the dominant male melee force
2. RAcaseal- again there have been a lack of them because people think RAmarls are better
3. HUmar- The OG of PSO
4. HUnewearl- Who doesnt love em?

silvermax
Feb 5, 2004, 05:11 PM
i think id like to have a 4 person party of:

Ramarl
Hucaseal
Fomarl
Fomar

*shrug*

Alighieri
Feb 5, 2004, 05:47 PM
Hmmm.....

HUmar-(usually me)
FOmarl-(Aska, with you - anywhere^^)
HUnewearl-(Aurore/Selene)
RAcaseal(Mishalla)/RAmar(Mahreen)-yeah, that`s right, there is "-mar" at the end

It`s not a "best stats-whoopin all" party and it`s kind of impossible to form because only 2 of my friends listed above play online, but I would feel great being part of it!

Logical2u
Feb 5, 2004, 05:59 PM
Newman Force, Attack.

HUcast with Partisan/Sword
HUnewearl, support, daggers/saber/double saber

Racaseal/Ramar, basicly anything ranged and stuffed with Moons and Sols.

SpiffyDude42
Feb 6, 2004, 09:09 PM
You know, a team of the four different classes from each type would be pretty powerful and well rounded. When all four of the hunters play side by side, their strengths and weaknesses shine.

SpiffyDude42
Feb 11, 2004, 10:25 PM
Posted: 2004-02-03 15:35
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FRIKEN AUTO REFRESH!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know the feeling . . . http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

In my team of HUmar, HUcast, RAcast, and FOnewearl, I chose HUmar over HUnewearl simply because of his lower MST. The FOnewearl should always be near the others, and should keep a steady stream of Shifta, Deband, Jellen, and Zalure going. So, the only time the HUmar should have to use techs is when the FOnewearl is dead, in town, cornered by monsters, etc., meaning that in that short period of time, resta should be the only technique needed (Possibly Jellen and Zalure as well).

Mman2000
Feb 13, 2004, 07:40 PM
A RAmar: for those chances that those lucky bastards get to snipe enemies safely from a ledge.
A FOmar: Can cast good techs and can melee so they don't die when they run out of fluids.

That's as much of a team that I'd need to be on to pwn everything.

Mustashi2278
Feb 13, 2004, 09:16 PM
A perfect team? A team that plays well... has a sense of humour, and is polite to each other. That being said... you gotta have a fo-I don't care which kind as long as they do what is needed to support. In trappy places it is nice to have a racaseal or racast to get rid of those pesky traps, along with another ranger to kill, kill, kill. The other char? Hunter class just because... swords always look good on the screen? Is that a good answer?

Yes, thats a VERY good answer. And never forget, always bring a HUmar, cuz i play with one http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

DirtyDan311
Feb 13, 2004, 10:47 PM
it dont really matter that much, if you got a (good)force, you will cruise anywhere. however, for the most efficiency, i would have...

Melee FOmar-all you need is the support, and melee you do more damage

HUcast-most power, best trap progression

RAcast-highest ranger power
RAmarl-flat out best character in tha game!

LoreSeeker
Feb 13, 2004, 10:51 PM
HUcast: cuz everyone needs a tank
HUnewearl: cuz everyone wants two tanks
RAmar: cuz they own all
FOmar: cuz they're the only FOs that use SD&JZ

With this team, you would have two people who could easily take out all of the enemies themselves (the HUs). Then, you have a RAmar who can probably freeze or paralyze enemies with his guns and just kinda help out overall. Follow that up with a FOmar who can make enemies incredibly weak and the team incredibly strong, and you have a winner.

KingChaos
Feb 14, 2004, 12:05 PM
well he easiest way to check is by thinkin bout c-mode so id go with hucast hucaseal x2 and Fonewearl

Eclypse
Feb 15, 2004, 04:39 AM
Perfect team would be 2 HUnewearl developed completely different, and HUmar bread for power and a FOmarl. The reason I like it this way is because if the HUnies are brought up with different schemes such as attacking and/or technique use, you put that with a HUmar that has good PWR and limited tech use, and then the FOmarl which has the best Resta in my opinion because of the range, and I think that is the best team to run with.

Polenicus
Feb 15, 2004, 07:05 AM
My personal fav team runs as follows:

Humar or Hunewearl - Hotkey Jellen and Zalure and Rest, to wimp-ify the baddies and provide frontline healing.

Hucast or Hucaseal - For power, obviously, and traps. A well-placed freeze trap in the middle of a group of uglies can make things a LOT easier, especially if your Ranger can detonate the bomb while they're still all clustered trying to get the one who dropped it.

Racast or Racaseal - Hotkey a warning about traps, and an all-clear. DEFINITELY need a Frozen Shooter or Snow Queen, and a shot-type weapon (Not spread needle... the range is too dismal). Give them a pair of good-power mechguns for bosses and the times they need to mix it up themselves.

Force - Just about ANY force will do if played right. Formars and Formarls are sturdier, but if the other team members are doing their jobs, the uglies shouldn't even get close to your force. Hotkey Reverser, Shifta & Deband (Jellen and Zalure will be handled by the Hunters) Resta, Anti and the attack spell of your choice. If you're good with the hot menu, you can probably just move shifta, deband and reverser to the top of the list. However, keep anit hotkeyed, and usually the half second it takes to select it could mean death to a confused hunter.

SpiffyDude42
Feb 19, 2004, 07:14 PM
I did a few ultimate TTF runs the other day, and I was impressed by the Ranger in our group. It had been a while since I had played with a good support Ranger.

Rangers, if played in a certain way, can provide kinds of support that not even Forces can provide. How, you ask? Just carry weapons with different specials. Spread Needle is a good example, since you see it so much. The paralysis special on it is quite useful in crowded areas. Blizzard, Chaos, and sometimes even Hell are a few other great support attacks (And look, the first two are traps! Oh, the joy of being an Android! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif ).

rising_sunset
Feb 20, 2004, 12:53 AM
I used to play with my friends like this...

HUcast: A pure melee fighter that just charges up and engages in a close range combat.

RAcast: A buff ranger in the back that backs up the Hucast with his launchers or shots

FOmarl(me): A force that stays in the back and ONLY casts support spells (ex. resta, anti, S&D, J&Z, Ryuker) [really boring job >__<]

FOnewearl: A strong MST force that stays in the back and ONLY casts damage spells (ex. foie, barta, zonde, their GI and RA form, megid, grants)

I don't I think this team works pretty good other then that I have a REALLY boring job!