PDA

View Full Version : Holy Ray

Cc08
Feb 2, 2004, 03:13 PM
Hey, I just got a holy ray and want to use it. I see that I need 680 MST, but even if my RAmar's MST gets maxed, I will still not have enough. Is there any way I can use this weapon with my RAmar? Thanks

Hrith
Feb 2, 2004, 03:14 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Ketchup345
Feb 2, 2004, 03:22 PM
Make a RAmarl (or HUnewearl, or FOmarl, or FOmar, or FOnewearl, or FOnewm). http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Otherwise, you can't (even though on this site's page for that item it says you can).

Cc08
Feb 2, 2004, 03:27 PM
Alright, so theres nothing that can raise my MST (on a force if I need more MST I just equip a Hilde cane, then that allows me to equip a stronger force weap.) So theres nothing like that I could do for my RAmar?

Zelgadis
Feb 2, 2004, 03:29 PM
Holy Rays are made for forces. Basically a hand gun with rifle range for a FO. I'd use one...but my FO does better with magic. I might end up using it in a multiplayer game or trading it away seeing as how I don't really need one.

Ketchup345
Feb 2, 2004, 03:29 PM
On 2004-02-02 12:27, Cc08 wrote:
Alright, so theres nothing that can raise my MST (on a force if I need more MST I just equip a Hilde cane, then that allows me to equip a stronger force weap.) So theres nothing like that I could do for my RAmar?

I don't think there is anything that raises MST ourside the (xxx)s.

Hrith
Feb 2, 2004, 03:32 PM
What you are talking about about forces does not increase the character's max MST.
i.e. if a FOnewearl has a max of 1750 MST, then equipping a Summit Moon (+55 MST) will have no effect, you will still have 1750 MST.

Cc08
Feb 2, 2004, 03:32 PM
Ok, thanks, guess it will have to go to my FO

GospelEXE33
Feb 2, 2004, 03:36 PM
lol It's just like my DC FOnewm where his ATA is maxed (121) and I need 122 for H&S 25 Justice.

Hrith
Feb 2, 2004, 03:38 PM
On 2004-02-02 12:29, Ketchup345 wrote:
even if there was that would not allow him to equip the Holy Ray.

Ketchup345
Feb 2, 2004, 03:41 PM
On 2004-02-02 12:38, Kefka wrote:

On 2004-02-02 12:29, Ketchup345 wrote:
even if there was that would not allow him to equip the Holy Ray.

I forgot about that. The stats must be in the (xxx)s to use an item.

Genoa
Feb 2, 2004, 03:46 PM
??? If you had 670 MST, and you put on ... let's say Hildeblue's Cane, you can then where Holy Ray. BUT, if you mess with your equipment it will unequip. It raises your Base MST, not current. That's the problem. You can put on multiple MST requiring weapons this way. And Holy Ray really is for Forces. Seeing it's a pretty good rifle, not the best for RA's though. C-Bringer's Rifle, Holy Ray, and Angel Harp are the rifles that are really designed for FO's. (angel harp to female FO's only). I have C-Bringer's Rifle. I have slayed Sil Dragon countless times with my Bluefull FOmar... still no Holy Ray. (I think it's my 50th time today, let's have a party! Lot's of Cheeze plz!)

heyf00L
Feb 2, 2004, 04:56 PM
Everything adds to your base MST. You can't have MST over your base.

Oh, and Holy Ray is a rifle, not a handgun. And it's not just for forces. It's great for HUmar and HUney too when they need the range (like in Tower).

Kuea
Feb 2, 2004, 04:56 PM
a ramar can use holy ray if equipped with a mag that raises mystic enough or using god/minds
I am a ramar but i have my force use it along with the elysion
check out my stats for charectors and be supprised at how i can use these things.

Skorpius
Feb 2, 2004, 05:02 PM
RAmars can equip it if they get that much MST, its just that thier MST caps out below the requirement. this sites guid is correct.

Genoa
Feb 2, 2004, 05:07 PM
If you boost their MST, sure you can equip it... but why would you alter your units and mag for a rifle that's not really all that good for a RAmar in the 1st place? *Takes out Frozen Shooter* This rifle is better in my opinion! (still, I WILL have Holy Ray for my FOmar... someday)

Ketchup345
Feb 2, 2004, 05:12 PM
RAmars can't use the Holy Ray at all. Even at maxed MST they need at least 15 MST.

Adding MIND to your Mag and/or equipping */Mind units will not allow you to use it, as your stats are already maxed and those items add to stats inside the (xxx), which can't go over the max stat of the character.

I hope that made some sense.

Hrith
Feb 2, 2004, 05:22 PM
You're all wrong, the RAmar CANNOT use the Holy Ray.

On 2004-02-02 14:02, Skorpius wrote:
RAmars can equip it if they get that much MST, its just that thier MST caps out below the requirement. this sites guid is correct.
Then HUcast and HUcaseal can use Plantain Huge Fan ; Androids can use Amore Rose, FOnewearl and FOnewm can use Soul Banish ; FOnewearl can use Angry Fist, Ancient Saber, Morning Glory, DB's Sword 3075 ; RAmar can use Elysion, etc.

Soukosa
Feb 2, 2004, 05:24 PM
On 2004-02-02 14:02, Skorpius wrote:

That's like saying they'd be correct if they listed androids as being able to use the Amore Rose or FOnewearls being able to use the S-Rank Twin. Just because there isn't a red X, doesn't mean that that class can use it. With 12 classes and over 300 weapons there's bound to be mistakes.

Eihwaz
Feb 2, 2004, 07:36 PM
Besides, even though RAmars can't use Holy Ray, why bother trying to use it? There are other, much better Rifles designed for RAngers. Get a Frozen Shooter, Yasminkov 7000V (or the other one, forget the name...), or even Yasminkov 9000M. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

The Holy Ray IS a rifle with rifle range, it's just a really small rifle. And yes, it's a weapon mainly for melee FOrces and HUmar/HUnewearl.

Cc08
Feb 2, 2004, 10:09 PM
Alright, thanks everyone... I was just curious