PDA

View Full Version : POLL: Fact or Fiction

Chaos_Phoenix
Feb 2, 2004, 10:56 PM
Do ghosts exist? Let me know what you think http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Dangerous55
Feb 2, 2004, 11:36 PM
Nobody knows.

Ayaname
Feb 2, 2004, 11:51 PM
Cheese exists. Ghosts do not.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ayaname on 2004-02-02 20:54 ]</font>

badbitz
Feb 3, 2004, 12:14 AM
of course ghosts exist! they are watching your every move...waiting to take your soul and use your body for foul Necromancy! they are coming...you can't hide...although wearing a necklace of onions does protect you for 2 days http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

ABDUR101
Feb 3, 2004, 12:19 AM
Different beliefs with different cultures and religions. Ultimately, inconclusive.

Kent
Feb 3, 2004, 01:57 AM
A ghost is the image of a being trapped in a BSIL in time. [/sarcasm]

Daikarin
Feb 3, 2004, 11:31 AM
Like the sombrero dudes use to put it...

"No creo en las brujas, pero que las hay, hay!"

SpikeOtacon
Feb 3, 2004, 11:56 AM
As a kid my friend Kirk and I were ghost hunters. We had a lot of really strange stuff happen to us (such as having strange bulbs of light being attracted to a candle in a pitch-black room.) but nothing was able to convince us that ghosts do in fact exist.
Well, except for that one forest in Pennsylvania. That was scary shit. (I won't go into what happened here.)

HUnewearl_Meira
Feb 3, 2004, 12:59 PM
There are too many unexplainable circumstances. Whether they are what we understand them to be may or may not be true, but the fact remains that there are things out there that we call "ghosts", and they are not the same as us.

BogusKun
Feb 4, 2004, 08:27 PM
I used to think they exist. But that was when I was little. Then I tried whacking off and I thought some ghost caught me but... it was a towel that fell off the rack.

Guile
Feb 4, 2004, 09:30 PM
I say no becuase there has'nt been any real proof to exist.

SorceressofTime
Feb 5, 2004, 01:46 AM
in my past, i used to attract those shadow people. -_- bloody hell, used to scare the shit outta me sometimes and now i'm interested in metaphysical and paranormal activites, hence i'm learning astral projection at the moment. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

my opinion, they exist since i've experinced quite a few incidents... which were just odd. o.O *twitch*

HUnewearl_Meira
Feb 5, 2004, 01:54 AM
On 2004-02-04 22:46, SorceressofTime wrote:
in my past, i used to attract those shadow people. -_- bloody hell, used to scare the shit outta me sometimes and now i'm interested in metaphysical and paranormal activites, hence i'm learning astral projection at the moment. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

my opinion, they exist since i've experinced quite a few incidents... which were just odd. o.O *twitch*

Shadow people... I've heard of them before... Please elaborate.

SorceressofTime
Feb 5, 2004, 04:32 AM
On 2004-02-04 22:54, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:

shadow people, are black transparent figures that are faceless with a shape of a human body, or include a part of it. they sometimes appear in the corner of your eye (possibly, though there are many organisms under the eye lid mistook as these beings) and mostly seen by people wide awake. sometimes referred to as ghosts, they feed off fear and can terrorise those whom seem not to be easily scared. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

it's unknown why they are still on this plane and where they belong to, though some have said that they have seen a shadow appear in front of them in daylight physically. <_<

check this thread out at this forum if you want to read more about other people's experience:
http://www.astralsociety.com/Forums/index.php?topic=473/0

as for ghosts, in australia they made a tv show called scream test a while ago and it consisted of people who wanted to know if ghosts are real or not, therefore seek proof by visiting haunted locations... the cast of the show would also place a few pranks here and there to make the show contestors scared even more (they had cameras, heart monitors and everything set up for monitoring of all locations).
now there was one episode where the cast heard children laughing and crying when a few people where walking downstairs to sub-level, and the crew didn't know whether it was their sound effects or not - they checked and it wasn't. outside, the crew members in the van where working away with the monitors inside and suddendly their equipment started playing up, and two of the women sitting down in front felt children sitting on their lap while they were laughing. at this point, the two women were kind of freaked out yet amazed.

and yes, that was on tv.

Armok
Feb 5, 2004, 07:40 AM
Based on the fact if paranormal activitys do not exist it means we are just basically molecules stuck together and have no soul or any such life. I choose to believe that they do.

Chaos_Phoenix
Feb 6, 2004, 09:34 AM
See, I think they do, because of all the weird stuff that's happened. Like photographs with orbs in the shot, and shadowy figures that weren't there before. Yeah, I am pretty sure they do.

Sparticus
Feb 6, 2004, 10:21 AM
Bollocks they do!!

Squal
Feb 7, 2004, 11:43 PM
First of all this is not one sided though it might seem that way at first. I think photos are totaly unreliable sadly thier are people wierd enough to fabricate that kind of stuff. As for the Austrailian reality show... Oh come on how manny of you would believe a reality show? There more like 1% real 99% show. Of course thats just how I feel... Even in the bible (yes I'm a christain)It never says ghosts dont exist. I do believe in magic, But only in evil magic, You know like wikka. Hear is an example that has to do with magic. My dad's parents lived on a Navajo reservation and helped a local Church. Once when they were driving a car they saw a man running by the side of thier car and when they looked back there was a wolf in his place. This has to do with skin walkers if you've ever heard of them... Well any way recently ive thought I've heard someon calling my name but no one was around. This hapens extreamly often. Some times I think I see figures in my house, but... sometimes I doubt my own sanity so... it could just be a halucination. But suppose youre ghost skinwalkes and shado people do exist I would be wondering where they come from or what thier true purpose is. If I were you I'd not worry about that... let god deal with them... Thier are much more important things going on in the world although they are definantly less interesting.

Amiadon
Feb 8, 2004, 12:17 AM
On 2004-02-05 01:32, SorceressofTime wrote:

On 2004-02-04 22:54, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:

shadow people, are black transparent figures that are faceless with a shape of a human body, or include a part of it. they sometimes appear in the corner of your eye (possibly, though there are many organisms under the eye lid mistook as these beings) and mostly seen by people wide awake. sometimes referred to as ghosts, they feed off fear and can terrorise those whom seem not to be easily scared. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

it's unknown why they are still on this plane and where they belong to, though some have said that they have seen a shadow appear in front of them in daylight physically. <_<

check this thread out at this forum if you want to read more about other people's experience:
http://www.astralsociety.com/Forums/index.php?topic=473/0

as for ghosts, in australia they made a tv show called scream test a while ago and it consisted of people who wanted to know if ghosts are real or not, therefore seek proof by visiting haunted locations... the cast of the show would also place a few pranks here and there to make the show contestors scared even more (they had cameras, heart monitors and everything set up for monitoring of all locations).
now there was one episode where the cast heard children laughing and crying when a few people where walking downstairs to sub-level, and the crew didn't know whether it was their sound effects or not - they checked and it wasn't. outside, the crew members in the van where working away with the monitors inside and suddendly their equipment started playing up, and two of the women sitting down in front felt children sitting on their lap while they were laughing. at this point, the two women were kind of freaked out yet amazed.

and yes, that was on tv.

Ah, gotta love scream test.

I have experienced those shadow people too, although only twice. I never knew other people had seen them before... once was at home, we have this giant mirror in our bathroom. I was looking into it, when my little brother thought it would be funny to turn off the light and close the door. I laughed, then blundered around in the dark for the switch. I turned it on, then looked at the mirror and in place of my reflection was a dark shadow. I basically lost it and opened the door, but it had gone.

The second and most scary time was when I was over at a friends house, years ago. Me and my brother and he went out on the driveway, got some gravel, then went down the street (about 2-3 houses) and threw them on the roof of some house. before the house we threw them at, dividing the two houses, was a wall of bushes. After we run out, we went to get more, then came back to throw some more. After a while, we got bored so we went back inside. We came out, and got some rocks and started walking, me first; But as soon as we got to the bushes, i screamed and ran back to the house. In the shadow of the bushes (the moon was out) there was a dwarf (as in small person) with horns kneeling down and looking at us. It was all shadow, but i could tell it was looking. As soon as I saw it I of course ran away.

I do believe in magic, But only in evil magic, You know like wikka.

I sincerely hope you don't mean Wicca... Wiccan's have a strict rule: The rule of three. Whatever you do will come back on you threefold. And another rule: Harm none. Wikka might be a different religion for all i know, but i know enough about Wicca, and it is *hardly* evil.

badbitz
Feb 8, 2004, 01:06 AM
On 2004-02-07 21:17, Amiadon wrote:
[

I do believe in magic, But only in evil magic, You know like wikka.

I sincerely hope you don't mean Wicca... Wiccan's have a strict rule: The rule of three. Whatever you do will come back on you threefold. And another rule: Harm none. Wikka might be a different religion for all i know, but i know enough about Wicca, and it is *hardly* evil.

its really impossible to harm nothing. Unless you truly are perfect http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

Mattacon
Feb 8, 2004, 06:25 AM
I have no idea.

SorceressofTime
Feb 8, 2004, 06:40 AM
On 2004-02-07 20:43, Squal wrote:
First of all this is not one sided though it might seem that way at first. I think photos are totaly unreliable sadly thier are people wierd enough to fabricate that kind of stuff. As for the Austrailian reality show... Oh come on how manny of you would believe a reality show? There more like 1% real 99% show. Of course thats just how I feel... Even in the bible (yes I'm a christain)It never says ghosts dont exist. I do believe in magic, But only in evil magic, You know like wikka. Hear is an example that has to do with magic. My dad's parents lived on a Navajo reservation and helped a local Church. Once when they were driving a car they saw a man running by the side of thier car and when they looked back there was a wolf in his place. This has to do with skin walkers if you've ever heard of them... Well any way recently ive thought I've heard someon calling my name but no one was around. This hapens extreamly often. Some times I think I see figures in my house, but... sometimes I doubt my own sanity so... it could just be a halucination. But suppose youre ghost skinwalkes and shado people do exist I would be wondering where they come from or what thier true purpose is. If I were you I'd not worry about that... let god deal with them... Thier are much more important things going on in the world although they are definantly less interesting.

im sorry, but i really don't believe in that bible bullshit. (no offence to anyone and this is not directed to anyone at all)

i'm the type of person who believes in evidence, rather than a story being written down in a book that millions of people believe. to think that one god exists and created everything, doesn't satisfy me. and yes, i'm catholic and go to a private catholic all girls school. i hate the fact that religions (like this) are being forced down people throats.

SorceressofTime
Feb 8, 2004, 06:48 AM
On 2004-02-07 21:17, Amiadon wrote:

wicca is not at all aimed to be used as black magick. its more of aimed to be for healing and doing good for others. and the rule of three is greatly reminded to those who practice the religion and use the white magick.

so it's not an evil witchcraft, for those who think so.

Squal
Feb 8, 2004, 09:26 PM
First off I'm sorry that you were force fed christianity. Often times catholic churches deter people and scare or annoy people away with some of their extra rules. I'm not a catholic just... christian. But anyway, If you're the kind of person who needs evedence ten why do you believe in shadow folk or whatever you said they were? You could find reality shows that try to prove god exists just like your's with ghosts. You could find just as manny people saying that theve expirienced something that could only be explained by god just like whith the ghost witnesses. But atleast they actualy have proof of jesus. I dont think it's that there isn't enough evidence to support it I think for some reson you hate christianity and don't want to believe it. Forgive me if ive insulted you, but you could use more tact yourself calling my religion "Bible bullshit". And about wicca, I am not saying it is evil in an odvios way like sacraficeing kittens like with satanism. You can be a perfectly nice person and be involved in wicca. It is evil in an unseen way. The bible says that all supernatuaral power that doesnt come from the lord is evil. I do not hate you for being in wicca so don't hate me for being a christian.

KodiaX987
Feb 8, 2004, 09:42 PM
Introduce facts into this discussion and die. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Beliefs about religion and the out-there are opinions by definition.

s.TiNgEr
Feb 8, 2004, 10:59 PM
They don't exist. Ghosts should die.

KodiaX987
Feb 9, 2004, 12:11 AM
That was nonsensical. o.O; A ghost, die. Isn't he a ghost because he, like, you know, sorta, died in the first place? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

KaFKa
Feb 9, 2004, 12:19 AM
in my eyes, ghosts exist. but thats just me and nobody else...

i've had fleeting images flash in front of my eyes when blinking before, which freaked the hell out of me.

i've heard things that cant be accounted as "the wind" or "just some random noise"

there are some other things, but i wont get into that...

SorceressofTime
Feb 9, 2004, 05:32 AM
On 2004-02-08 18:26, Squal wrote:
First off I'm sorry that you were force fed christianity. Often times catholic churches deter people and scare or annoy people away with some of their extra rules. I'm not a catholic just... christian. But anyway, If you're the kind of person who needs evedence ten why do you believe in shadow folk or whatever you said they were? You could find reality shows that try to prove god exists just like your's with ghosts. You could find just as manny people saying that theve expirienced something that could only be explained by god just like whith the ghost witnesses. But atleast they actualy have proof of jesus. I dont think it's that there isn't enough evidence to support it I think for some reson you hate christianity and don't want to believe it. Forgive me if ive insulted you, but you could use more tact yourself calling my religion "Bible bullshit". And about wicca, I am not saying it is evil in an odvios way like sacraficeing kittens like with satanism. You can be a perfectly nice person and be involved in wicca. It is evil in an unseen way. The bible says that all supernatuaral power that doesnt come from the lord is evil. I do not hate you for being in wicca so don't hate me for being a christian.

awwww, i didn't mean to offend you. what i said wasn't directed at you. it was just my opinion. and if people are proud of what they are, then stand up tall and stick to it. i was just saying my opinion.

and yes, i'd rather have evidence instead of an old story (once again, my opinion), and i HAVE experienced some unnatural events which made me more curious into he paranormal and such.

Ness
Feb 9, 2004, 06:46 AM
Altough my firends claims that she can see ghosts, I don't believe in them.

Squal
Feb 9, 2004, 11:08 AM
I epreciate it sorceress. And sorry to change the topic chaos pheonix.

Chaos_Phoenix
Feb 9, 2004, 02:45 PM
Hey, np Squal. All that matters is that there is a healthy discussion going no here. Maybe ghosts are responsible... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Hikara
Feb 9, 2004, 02:50 PM
Leave it to you to say something like that, Phoenix.

NO, they don't.

Chaos_Phoenix
Feb 9, 2004, 06:40 PM
Hmph, skeptical are we, Hikara?