PDA

View Full Version : Wanna make a forum... Any webhost/system suggestions?

KodiaX987
Feb 3, 2004, 02:23 PM
I feel like it's time for me to make a new forum. My plan is to get a Netfirms account since their ads aren't annoying like hell. Now the problem lies into finding the right forum engine for me...

I don't want that EZ-Board crap first and foremost. Billions of popups and way too many dumb features "for my convenience." That leaves me with PHPbb, PHPnuke, Ikonboard etc.

I need something easy to set up (so that I don't have to ask Nightmaren again,) manage and customize. I don't plan on installing any upgrades aside from maybe changing and adding smileys. So waddya guys suggest?

SpikeOtacon
Feb 3, 2004, 02:25 PM
PHPbb. I could provide some help if there are any problems with it, but even if you want to do it all on your own without having any outside help PHPbb would still be my choice.

KaFKa
Feb 3, 2004, 02:36 PM
PHbb...

Zaneatron
Feb 3, 2004, 02:49 PM
phpBB is probably the most customizable one out there. psow boards are phpBB, and look othing like the standard model, such as the one on warp-pipe.com.
if you know ccs it should be quite easy to play around with.

another reccomendation i would make are invision free boards. quite nice looking and simple to set up. can change the skin as well. but for the actual class and prestige that goes with phpBB, id go down that route, which i am doing myself for my site, just i cant finish it off until mysitespace send me something and yada yada yada.

phpBB http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif