PDA

View Full Version : Difficulty getting a HL? don't despair...

Cap_Canuk
Feb 4, 2004, 04:43 PM
Difficulty getting a HL? don't despair...
I spoke to 3 different people (phone and e-mail) at SEGA, and got a whole load of horse-pucky from them.
2 of them assured me that my problems getting online were directly related to the fact that my copy of PSO was second hand - they said obviously it had been registered, which was why I was getting the error messages.

Needless to say, I am now firmly online.
My copy was NOT previously registered.

I think that the "support" people at SEGA have a list of things they can answer when you have problems, and I think that very few of those things have a basis in reality. This might sound disparaging, but with the stupidities I've been told by these people over the last 3 days, it's amazing they were able to find work at all.

But I finally spoke to someone who sat with me, on the phone as I went through, step by step the set up of my GC and the purchase of a HL. Thank-you to this anonynmous tech-support person at SEGA... and "boo" to those other obstructionists who merit pink-slips from SEGA.

now, if only I can find myself a keyboard!
I've walked around a little online, but one really needs a keyboard to function properly. my local store is supposed to get them next week sometime. let's keep the fingers crossed.

VioletSkye
Feb 4, 2004, 05:49 PM
Aside from the 3 popular choices:
1. Ascii keyboard controller
2. Datel Powerboard
3. Keyboard Adapter

There is a new KB out from Gameshark. It looks to be a lot nicer than the Datel Powerboard.

SharkBoard (http://www.gameshark.com/productinfo/sharkboard.html)