PDA

View Full Version : Bad day for rare enemies

Quo
Feb 4, 2004, 08:11 PM
I'm on a constant quest to find Red slimes so I can get a lavis cannon. So I started off my daily cave run and in the first room a mil lilly appeared. However two vulmers trapped me against the wall and two lillies killed me with megid. I was not happy. I made my way to cave 2 and the first slime killed itself, so I found the second and piped it for two and a half hours until the red slime appeared. However beeing so used to jumping back inside the pipe after splitting the fourth slime I piped back two town with the unharmed redslime staring at me.
So that was two possible rare weapons lost today. I could have used the Lavis Cannon or Demo Comet. I'm a little angry.

Mazinger-X
Feb 4, 2004, 09:02 PM
Well it could be worse, you could be like me and find the rare monster and all of a sudden it drops you a crappy item. I get my Lavis Cannon from a Del-D though.

Myopathy
Feb 4, 2004, 09:15 PM
On 2004-02-04 18:02, Mazinger-X wrote:
Well it could be worse, you could be like me and find the rare monster and all of a sudden it drops you a crappy item. I get my Lavis Cannon from a Del-D though.

Actually, I think your case is better. At least in your situation, you have some closure. The bad thing about his situation is that it COULD'VE been a rare that he missed out on. In your case, you know the drop was not a rare. Although it may be disappointing, it'll only be disappointing for a minute or so, when you see it's not a rare. In his case, this will haunt him until he gets his rare.

Quo
Feb 4, 2004, 10:03 PM
On 2004-02-04 18:15, Ezellaur wrote:

On 2004-02-04 18:02, Mazinger-X wrote:

Actually, I think your case is better. At least in your situation, you have some closure. The bad thing about his situation is that it COULD'VE been a rare that he missed out on. In your case, you know the drop was not a rare. Although it may be disappointing, it'll only be disappointing for a minute or so, when you see it's not a rare. In his case, this will haunt him until he gets his rare.

Yeah, I thought I'd burn my anger and sorrow on a few hours of hardcore piping. I'm still at it.

Mazinger-X
Feb 4, 2004, 10:29 PM
With all those hours trying to get a Angel Harp from a Pal Rappy, pfft I gave up, all they keep dropping me is Flame, Plasma Barriers nad Photon Drops.

Aziangangster
Feb 4, 2004, 10:40 PM
ugh, h8 torrs. I am still searching 4 a heaven punisher but the torrs hav been so stingy. So i am gonna give up pretty soon.

Sabin_Linhigh
Feb 4, 2004, 11:14 PM
Interesting... All of the Rares I kill drop the item the first time. Maybe not the second. But always the first. Guess I am just lucky or something...

Gaurdian
Feb 5, 2004, 12:59 PM
i am still trying to find Pal Rappys. i spent hours last night trying to find one. what is with all of those fat El Rappys?

Butoden
Feb 5, 2004, 03:17 PM
On 2004-02-05 09:59, Gaurdian wrote:
i am still trying to find Pal Rappys. i spent hours last night trying to find one. what is with all of those fat El Rappys?

Fat Rappies are just odes to the King Rappy that appeared in the Phantasy Star series.
The Pal Rappies? I have seen NONE yet.

dylcool
Feb 6, 2004, 12:10 AM
I piped for four hours, and finally found a Hildetorr. I killed it... Meseta. This was at like 2 AM. I was not happy. So the next day, i pipe for about another hour, see another one, kill it, Raygun +2. I was getting perturbed at this time, and decided why not, keep piping. Another 40 minutes or so, another shows up. I kill it, RED BOX, GUN. Alas, I got my Frozen Shooter! (I'm purplenum.)

Saucepan
Feb 6, 2004, 08:41 PM
Ouch. I've actually had above average luck with rare enemies in GC PSO. It took five Pal Rappies to get an Agito 1975 (Pinkal), 9 Hildetorrs for a Magic Rock Irisista (Redria), and I'm currently hunting for that Psycho Wand..on 18 Mil Lilies with Purplenum so far. I also found about 8 or so red slimes with redria and didn't get my Lavis.

When it comes to rare enemies, I make sure I always have an overstock of Scape Dolls, and dark resistance when needed. If you pipe 9 lilies in waterfall tears, you're going to need it.

Lone_Wolf_Nasca
Feb 6, 2004, 11:33 PM
On 2004-02-06 17:41 Saucepan Posted:
9 Hildetorrs for a Magic Rock Irisista (Redria),

I hate you...
I have killed over 60 of those cheap ******** and I still dont have my Magic stone Irista http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif. Needless to say I gave up a LONG time ago...

critter
Feb 6, 2004, 11:47 PM
crap i wish i could get a lavis off a red slime... i gotta get one off of a morphos wall thingy in the ult sea bed........there are only a few of those stupid wall nerds 2.......

Jive18
Feb 6, 2004, 11:50 PM
As far as my luck with rare enemies goes, I guess my experiences have been so-so. 2 days ago when I piped for my Standstill Shield I came across a Love Rappy "yes!" Even though Sigh of a God isn't that great (yellowboze) I still would have liked for it to have dropped.

60 'Torrs eh? That's nuts, I had enough trouble finding my first and only one.

Anyway, piping is one of the most patient-oriented parts of this game as I have played in my entire life. We faithful PSO'ers have spent more time with piping than just about any other specific task in a game ever created. Fun, isn't it?

Kuea
Feb 7, 2004, 05:52 AM
hehe the only time i never got the rare i was looking for was my first hildettor all it gave me was meseta i believe other than that i get really good items all the time but you should'nt give up there actually could be something to the rare beats theory try doing it at differant times of the day.