PDA

View Full Version : GC-Quest: I've been thinking ... (Control Tower)

Firocket1690
Feb 5, 2004, 11:07 PM
I had a AIM chat with a friend today about PSO, and I've been wondering ...

If the data for the Control Tower in already on the (original) PSO EpI&II disc, then why shouldn't we be able to download a quest to access it ?
I mean, it's already there !!
This would eliminate the need for PSOPlus
Plus still wouldn't be needed because you can still switch discs, dupe, blablabla.

East Tower, West Tower, and Seat of the Heart
shouldn't be that hard to put up for avalable downloads ...

P.S. Unsure if this should be in M/Q/SecID, move if necessary. :)

Blitzkommando
Feb 5, 2004, 11:16 PM
On 2004-02-05 20:07, Firocket1690 wrote:
I had a AIM chat with a friend today about PSO, and I've been wondering ...

If the data for the Control Tower in already on the (original) PSO EpI&II disc, then why shouldn't we be able to download a quest to access it ?
I mean, it's already there !!
This would eliminate the need for PSOPlus
Plus still wouldn't be needed because you can still switch discs, dupe, blablabla.

East Tower, West Tower, and Seat of the Heart
shouldn't be that hard to put up for avalable downloads ...

P.S. Unsure if this should be in M/Q/SecID, move if necessary. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Apparently the data for the enemies and models and such is on the game disk, however, the actual placement and storyline and such for the quests is not. All that data is online and loaded into the memory online to play the quest. In short the server has the data, the game doesn't. The Xbox could easily do this due to the harddrive, but GC can't due to the very limited space of the memory cards.

anwserman
Feb 5, 2004, 11:17 PM
Barubary also did post a while back that if you downloaded the data from the servers and saved it to a memory card, that the quests would work exactly the way they do online.

Firocket1690
Feb 5, 2004, 11:49 PM
On 2004-02-05 20:17, anwserman wrote:
Barubary also did post a while back that if you downloaded the data from the servers and saved it to a memory card, that the quests would work exactly the way they do online.

I havn't been thinking about it much until a friend's recent conversation.
That sorta defeats the idea of allowing the thingy to DL quests to your memory card, like the box/instruction booklet claimed ...

Firocket1690
Feb 7, 2004, 10:15 PM
o_O
Not a good idea ?

PStar2cadet
Feb 8, 2004, 02:28 PM
I have the usa PSO Ep.1&2,and japan PSO Plus.I don't play PSO onlien at all,due to Sega's payment options(I only use my credit card for emergencies,and I don't have a debit card.If Sega decided to accept checking accounts,then I would play online,but this is my personal choice,I'm not knocking oline games at all.)With PSO Plus,I have Central Dome Fire Swirl,Fake in Yellow's GBA downloads,Seat of the Heart,East Tower,West Tower,and Ep.2 Challenge Mode available for offline play,from the game disc itself,with up to 4 players split screen for Ep.2 Challenge Mode.I agree,those who already play online most likely will not want PSO Plus,but for those who either choose not to play online,or those who might not even have a computer,PSO Plus offers a bit more gameplay.I think it's going to be a matter of people's preferences weather or not they get PSO Plus,and I respect everyone's choice,that's their call,not mine.This is a good topic for discussion,too.

PaleKid15
Feb 8, 2004, 03:10 PM
The reason that ST doesn't just let you play online quests offline, is because then you wouldn't need to pay for yor HL to play the quests. When they realized that alot of people play pso offline, and want some online features, they made plus. More money for them. If ST was smart, they would start making "expansion packs" or memory cards you could use to gain access to more quests. They would make a load of money and it would please many people.

This is a bit off topic, but I'm curious. Is TTF in Plus? And is there a definite answer for if it is going to be released in America?

PStar2cadet
Feb 8, 2004, 09:55 PM
If TTF is the quest 'To The Future',no,doesn't look like it.For Ep.2,there's the Challenge Mode for offline play up to 4 players,the Ep.2 quests are Seat of the Heart,East Tower and West Tower.Ep.1 also has Central Dome Fire Swirl.So far,only Nintendo Power has said the usa is getting PSO Plus,no word from Sega or Sonic Team yet.It'd be cool if we do get it,though.