PDA

View Full Version : Pencil Colored Characters

Sharkyland
Feb 6, 2004, 04:57 PM
This is my first time using colored pencils with the current art style I have (I have used it in the past, but I found my skills horribly weak and hid behind black mechanical pencils). I know the shading is horrible and my drawings are pristine smooth (seems like scanner likes to find loopholes in my drawings). I'll draw my other characters soon.

So... here's Marina:
http://www.deviantart.com/view/5128361/

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sharkyland on 2004-02-06 13:58 ]</font>

Alighieri
Feb 6, 2004, 05:02 PM
I`ve commented it on DA.

Alighieri
Feb 6, 2004, 05:06 PM
Damn YOU scannercrap, work when I want you to!

Sharkyland
Feb 6, 2004, 05:44 PM
Here's Grey:
http://www.deviantart.com/view/5129120/

I messed up on hair color. It's suppose to be silver like Sil'fer's, but my white colored pencil doesn't want to work.

(I seriously need to take my time when colored, but I get all excited and stuff.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sharkyland on 2004-02-06 14:46 ]</font>

dablacksephiroth
Feb 6, 2004, 05:54 PM
I HATE YOU ALL!!! YOU ALL SHOULD DIE AND BURN!!!!

Everybody can draw HUne Ears BUT ME!!!!

Durr....

Ah, Now I remember why I like your drawings!

Because your characters are always very sexy looking! And their body tone(the girls) is always given a vivid shape to it that I find very attractive. Your pics are always awesome to look at below the waist! XD I'm so in love with the skull you give them too from a side angle like that.

You're pretty brave for takin' that route... It's hard for me to try and do that... I get scared and panic and just bring the cheek out... which in the end... messes up my whole pic when I think I'm done. _-_

Skuda
Feb 6, 2004, 05:59 PM
just make a pokey ear with a little squiggly lines inside! it's not hard. BTW, great job!

Alighieri
Feb 6, 2004, 06:04 PM
On 2004-02-06 14:54, dablacksephiroth wrote:
I HATE YOU ALL!!! YOU ALL SHOULD DIE AND BURN!!!!

Everybody can draw HUne Ears BUT ME!!!!

Clearly...antisocial

On 2004-02-06 14:54, dablacksephiroth wrote:

I'm so in love with the skull you give them too from a side angle like that.

Yes, the head profile is good and, of course, the ears^^

dablacksephiroth
Feb 6, 2004, 06:08 PM
Durr... Rub it in with the ears!!

dablacksephiroth
Feb 6, 2004, 06:13 PM
Ya know what... you always sound so dissatisfied.... here's a tip... which you should already know...doubt you don't already...

...Send us a naked pic ok? Do NOT highlight it, leave it sketched!

Do NOT draw clothing, do NOT add body parts that stick out! (You know where!)

After sending us it, let us grade you on it, THEN, we'll let you know when it's fine to add the clothing and how and maybe where.

OR, if you don't want us to, next time, just draw NO clothing FIRST! Don't be scared! It's NOT a real girl! (I used to think like this so I would know) AFTER the naked body is complete and satisfying, THENNNNNNN draw your clothing at least, according to the pic size, 0.1mm off of the skin where the clothing should be placed. Unless the clothing is super super tight...

I just ran my mouth on somethin' you already knew, didn't I?

Still send us the naked pic! =P

Alighieri
Feb 6, 2004, 06:20 PM
I can`t belive it DBS! Are you a medium or something? I was just drawing the same way of which you speak of - duh - and if you are I hope that you didn`t see her naked with my eyes or in some other way.....

Sord
Feb 6, 2004, 06:23 PM
good job, though Grey looks kind of blocky (literally)

dablacksephiroth
Feb 6, 2004, 06:26 PM
On 2004-02-06 15:20, Alighieri wrote:
I can`t belive it DBS! Are you a medium or something?

=/ What's "a medium"?

dablacksephiroth
Feb 6, 2004, 06:30 PM
Ah, and I just scanned the naked pic of Photondrop... if I can manage to get to Kinko's today.... yeah, I'll post it...

Alighieri
Feb 6, 2004, 06:32 PM
A medium? Well think of it as a person with parapsychic abilities, someone who can communicate with the spiritual world.

dablacksephiroth
Feb 6, 2004, 06:33 PM
Durr... watch your shoes with Grey there... Sord's made a point about the blockiness... Sharp edges are cool and all, but you don't wanna wind up like myself.

Try and keep things at a 3D angle. Shadowing isn't always the thing that brings out shapings. AND, things are much easier to draw if you don't imagine them yourself... HAHA! *points at self*

shinto_kuji
Feb 6, 2004, 06:33 PM
Pretty much the same thing as a psychic.

Nice pics ^_^

dablacksephiroth
Feb 6, 2004, 06:36 PM
On 2004-02-06 15:32, Alighieri wrote:
A medium? Well think of it as a person with parapsychic abilities, someone who can communicate with the spiritual world.

LOL@you!!!

I didn't predict anything! It's common s....ok, if it were, EVERYbody'd be doin' it...

Navi'd tell you, I'm sure...

OH!! SPeaking of whom... Post us one of your naked pics! >=D Navi!!

We've already seen how Relam does it...so heh heh!

navci
Feb 6, 2004, 06:43 PM
LOL@you!!!

I didn't predict anything! It's common s....ok, if it were, EVERYbody'd be doin' it...

Actually. I draw clothes on. I don't even do wireframes except on rare occasions. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
So. Sorry, no naked pic for you!

Alighieri
Feb 6, 2004, 06:43 PM
Dude...I wasn`t talking about my way of drawing but that certain situation...ahh - nevermind.

PS> Star a new thread with nude pics - let`s not hijack the topic like the last time, shall we?^^

Sord
Feb 6, 2004, 06:44 PM
On 2004-02-06 15:36, dablacksephiroth wrote:

On 2004-02-06 15:32, Alighieri wrote:

LOL@you!!!

you might as well just call it a maniken. it ain't naked unless it has the "parts"

dablacksephiroth
Feb 6, 2004, 06:48 PM
...er..maniken isn't very popular.... so I chose "naked"...

*cries thinking about what Navi said*

Alighieri
Feb 6, 2004, 06:48 PM
On 2004-02-06 15:44, Sord wrote:

you might as well just call it a maniken. it ain't naked unless it has the "parts"

Hmm...quite right - ufff - I`m not so demoralized yet...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alighieri on 2004-02-06 15:51 ]</font>

Sharkyland
Feb 6, 2004, 07:31 PM
Mostly how I draw HUnewearl ears (FOnewearl ears are much different)... are draw human ears first, then I just draw the HUnewearl ears above it, erase the connecting lines of the human ears and begin using that as the middle-outer ear.

Sord
Feb 6, 2004, 07:46 PM
On 2004-02-06 15:48, Alighieri wrote:

On 2004-02-06 15:44, Sord wrote:

Hmm...quite right - ufff - I`m not so demoralized yet...

being a pervert helps. Though only my closest friends know I'm a perv in RL. Most of the time I appear really polite and all, and I don't "look" like that kind of guy. I come across as the "bleh" sort of dude. Just your average person. While in reality I'm a perverted genuis (for my age, although not in spelling, lol)

dablacksephiroth
Feb 7, 2004, 12:28 AM
On 2004-02-06 16:31, Sharkyland wrote:
Mostly how I draw HUnewearl ears (FOnewearl ears are much different)... are draw human ears first, then I just draw the HUnewearl ears above it, erase the connecting lines of the human ears and begin using that as the middle-outer ear.

I've gone thru that phase already....

Some reason, it just doesn't help me.... Makin' that shit go up in just the right angle degree is frustrating and commercive! I guess too perplexed for my being...

That's why my Piranha pic has her ears down like a FOnewearl. LOL... Look at Ayame's... it's so fucked up...

I sure hope Navi's gonna be better when she gets back... haven't gotten any feed back...

Durr! Show us another sketch! I learned (from Navi) that's how you keep your threads goin' and the ppl at your side. HEH!!

Sharkyland
Feb 7, 2004, 12:39 AM
I'm working on my main comic... and I'm working on a parody comic...

dablacksephiroth
Feb 7, 2004, 12:49 AM
Heh, so that ends this thread, I see...

Sharkyland
Feb 7, 2004, 12:55 AM
If you have time or if you want, check out my http://sharkyland.deviantart.com webpage ...

ladyjaderiver
Feb 7, 2004, 08:06 PM
On 2004-02-06 15:43, navi wrote:

Actually. I draw clothes on. I don't even do wireframes except on rare occasions. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
So. Sorry, no naked pic for you!

Lol, same here. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Anyhoo, how come I never knew you were on DA before, Sharky? *adds you to devwatch*

Sharkyland
Feb 8, 2004, 01:11 PM
My drawing is unique (definitely a lot of flaws from what I can tell you, but I only draw to unstress myself and stop having these idiotic brainstorms of stories)... what's a wireframe drawing look like, I only can think of those video game wire frames? If so, I've never seen that type of art...