PDA

View Full Version : People Commenting on Bumped Threads, Red Crosses and other S

Deathscythealpha
Feb 7, 2004, 03:34 PM
Why do people think they need to make a comment on someone who bumps an old thread? Loads of people feel they should tell people 'Dont bump threads' and then get several other people post nearly exactly the same thing after them. Its a mods job to warn someone about bumping a thread, leave it to the mods to sort out.

Also idiots who make stupid comments when an image doesnt show up in a thread. 'Lol i really like the red x youve drawn', 'Thats the best red x ever', 'wow, look at the red x go!'. These posts are usless and just spam! They dont help the person get their image up and are about as funny as stabbing yourself in the hand. Stop making lame posts to up your post counts.

And another thing to tack onto the end of this, people who answer in threads asking 'Have You Seen *film*?' with a replying saying 'No i havent seen it yet', or 'I dont want to see that'. Whats the point of posting something in a thread like that? The persons aksing if you have seen it, not if you havent seen it. Again, stop upping your damn post counts.

Ness
Feb 7, 2004, 03:43 PM
On 2004-02-07 12:34, Deathscythealpha wrote:
Why do people think they need to make a comment on someone who bumps an old thread? Loads of people feel they should tell people 'Dont bump threads' and then get several other people post nearly exactly the same thing after them. Its a mods job to warn someone about bumping a thread, leave it to the mods to sort out.

What's worse is that most of the people that do this are guilty of bumping old threads. That and the fact that most of them don't know the rules when it comes to bumping threads.

Also idiots who make stupid comments when an image doesnt show up in a thread. 'Lol i really like the red x youve drawn', 'Thats the best red x ever', 'wow, look at the red x go!'. These posts are usless and just spam! They dont help the person get their image up and are about as funny as stabbing yourself in the hand. Stop making lame posts to up your post counts.

I agree. Those kind of comments get annoying and only make people mad.

And another thing to tack onto the end of this, people who answer in threads asking 'Have You Seen *film*?' with a replying saying 'No i havent seen it yet', or 'I dont want to see that'. Whats the point of posting something in a thread like that? The persons aksing if you have seen it, not if you havent seen it. Again, stop upping your damn post counts.

Most people do that just to make all the fanboys of a certain movie cry.

KaFKa
Feb 7, 2004, 03:48 PM

sometimes there isnt a mod around to clean things up...

if its the first person to reply, then saying there is a red X should be in order. however, i also see your problem with people saying that (i've done it once or twice, just because the general feel at the time was sober)

first off, most people dont care about post counts...

thats kinda redundant, since if you were to not have seen *insert film here* what should you say? since the question was directed at (insert persons name here). i really would like to see the reasoning behind that...

undevil
Feb 7, 2004, 06:11 PM
On 2004-02-07 12:48, KaFKa wrote:
first off, most people dont care about post counts...

thats kinda redundant, since if you were to not have seen *insert film here* what should you say? since the question was directed at (insert persons name here). i really would like to see the reasoning behind that...

Actually, most people do care about having a certain amount of post. I don't know if you have noticed, but there always seems to be a label for everyone in a forum, and the label is noob. People who have like 50 posts in a forum are considered noobs. So of course people want to raise their post counts to take the label off. Me, I am a noob for the simple fact that I have been signed up on these forums for less than a month. But I really don't care about my post count. However, a year ago I would care about my post count. That is why I used to be an obnoxius spammer.

Sord
Feb 7, 2004, 09:37 PM
actually, none of that's really stupid, as long as one it's not repeated on the post more than once. The only exception to it is when two people post while another one is typing their's up and they don't know. Or even more rare, they push Send at the exact same time.

Reenee
Feb 7, 2004, 10:39 PM
On 2004-02-07 15:11, undevil wrote:
People who have like 50 posts in a forum are considered noobs.

Newbie for a forum. Quality, not quantity.

Kizaragu
Feb 8, 2004, 03:58 AM
That bugs the hell out of me too.
Ecspecially if there are loads of replies similar to that.
It's just a waste of time and contributes nothing new to the topic.

Wewt
Feb 9, 2004, 08:41 AM
My post count owns a lot of people on PSOW. HAHAHAHAAHAHAHA!!!

Yeah, I totally agree with the hatred on trolling. However, I just ignore those particular posts now...

On a side note, it's funny to see Ness reply to this, since he's known to be a person that posts pointless replies, such as "I agree." or "No I don't have that <insert game/movie/game item or whatever else>."

Ness
Feb 9, 2004, 01:54 PM
On 2004-02-09 05:41, WWWWWWWWWWWW wrote:
My post count owns a lot of people on PSOW. HAHAHAHAAHAHAHA!!!

Yeah, I totally agree with the hatred on trolling. However, I just ignore those particular posts now...

On a side note, it's funny to see Ness reply to this, since he's known to be a person that posts pointless replies, such as "I agree." or "No I don't have that <insert game/movie/game item or whatever else>."

I also find it funny how you complain about people trolling.

Also, I didn't say that I didn't do any of those things so how is it funny?

Amiadon
Feb 14, 2004, 05:53 AM
...They dont help the person get their image up and are about as funny as stabbing yourself in the hand.

That actually is pretty funny.

Bradicus
Feb 14, 2004, 09:21 AM
person 1- Here is a cool flash movie i found, hope you guys like it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
person 2- OMG WTF that R so fifteen point five seconds ago. everyone has seen it. YOu R teh Fucktard LOL!
person 1- http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif

we know that you are god of the internet, so please don't bother telling us, k?

Wewt
Feb 14, 2004, 01:18 PM
On 2004-02-09 10:54, Ness wrote:

I also find it funny that you're still as stupid, and still make asinine assumptions in your own mind.

You didn't have to, because I was the one that said you do those things, idiot.

Get a clue already.

Sorry for flaming!

Ness
Feb 14, 2004, 01:39 PM
On 2004-02-14 10:18, WWWWWWWWWWWW wrote:

I also find it funny that you're still as stupid, and still make asinine assumptions in your own mind.

You didn't have to, because I was the one that said you do those things, idiot.

Get a clue already.

Sorry for flaming!

Man, are you still trying to insult me?

Deathscythealpha
Feb 14, 2004, 01:56 PM
Shtop right there you two. No flaming or argueing in my threads, or you will be held back after class. You two dont want detention now do you?

Ok, back on topic...

Ness
Feb 14, 2004, 02:24 PM
Sorry, Mr. Alpha.

One thing that annoys me is when people name a topic, but what they talk about has nothing to do with the topic title.

Cowboy
Feb 14, 2004, 04:41 PM
I know, that's so ridiculous! [/hypocrosy]

What I can't stand is people in the trade forum that don't tell you what system they're on, or use the wrong tags.