PDA

View Full Version : Final Try

Eihwaz
Feb 8, 2004, 02:20 AM
Okay, I've tried RAngers before. However, becuase of my then n00bish stupidity, I only weilded Rifle-type weapons with my RAnger chars...I became EXTREMELY bored with them. My RAmar only got to 30ish, and my RAcast only lasted until 19...

I'm going to try one last time to make a proper RAnger character. This time, I'm going to weild a combination of Shotguns (maybe Partisans), and Mechguns. I'm not gonna try the male RAngers, nor the RAcaseal (I don't like Droids much). So, that leaves me with a RAmarl.

A good friend is supplying me with a spare Yas9KM with 25% Hit ( http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif ) , which will be my RAmarl's cheif weapon once she gets high enough. Another friend will donate a 15% Hit Meteor Smash, which will do fairly well until I find a Spread Needle. And of course, I'll eventually hunt down a Frozen Shooter.

For a Mag, I was thinking of a Diwari with stats along the lines of (5/125/70/0). At higher levels, I may need to remake the mag with less DEX, but for now, that's what it's gonna be. I don't want any MIND, so are those stats good enough?

And for a Section ID, I was thinking of Whitil. It has a variety of good finds (including the Guld Milla parts that I'll likely never find...), and I think it'll do pretty well.

Any suggestions for my future RAmarl?

silvermax
Feb 8, 2004, 02:22 AM
even for just starting off i dont think you need THAT much dex on a mag....

just my opinion

Eihwaz
Feb 8, 2004, 02:27 AM
On 2004-02-07 23:22, silvermax wrote:

just my opinion

Well, once I get to a high enough level, I'll remake her Mag, but with less DEX and more POW. (5/135/60/0 or something like that). I wanna be able to use the best guns as soon as possible. That way, I'm less likely to get bored with her.

silvermax
Feb 8, 2004, 02:48 AM
its all about the anticipation of being able to use the cool guns =p

and id say no more then 50 dex on a mag for a Ramarl *speaking from my experiences*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: silvermax on 2004-02-07 23:50 ]</font>

Tsudo_Plat
Feb 8, 2004, 03:00 AM
On 2004-02-07 23:48, silvermax wrote:
its all about the anticipation of being able to use the cool guns =p

and id say no more then 50 dex on a mag for a Ramarl *speaking from my experiences*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: silvermax on 2004-02-07 23:50 ]</font>

I usually try and max out my ATA as fast as possible, I HATE MISSING. My RAcasts Nidra has 20 DEF, 100 POW & 80 DEX and I've been doing just fine.

Jarek
Feb 8, 2004, 04:36 AM
geez... i guess my RAmarl's mag is a bit over the top then. 5/10/170/15. heh, i think that's way too much, but i can safely say, i hardly ever miss at lv51 already. maybe i should start another that's more balanced with power and mind.

RAmarls are a good choice, IMO, especially once you get the pumped up s/d, j/z, you know. stats make the world go round. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif, especially at the later levels of the game.

SJ
Feb 8, 2004, 04:51 AM
I have a Ramarl Whittel and btw her id makes Rukmin.
My Rukmins stats are 10/55/80/55 and i rarely miss.
With my Ramarl i NEED mind because when on ult at lv68 you tend to cast resta/shifta/deband alot.
If your gunna keep your mags stats as what you say i suggest you make them round 50 mind and 50 pow.

Myopathy
Feb 8, 2004, 05:11 AM
On 2004-02-07 23:20, Eihwaz wrote:
So, that leaves me with a RAmarl.

Great choice. Ever since I started my RAmarl, I have not even touched my RAmar. And since I've out leveled my RAmar, I'm thinking of just deleting him.

In terms of ID, I suggest Yellowboze or Greennill. They're both good for finding the Frozen Shooter and the Spread Needle. And since you already have a Yas9K, no need for Purplenum. Those three weapons are pretty much all you'd need hehe. Guld Milla is nice and all, but you'll be searching a LONG time before you get it...IF you get it. Also, in my opinion Yas9K is better than Guld Milla, since it has the rifle range, as well as the cool animation (not to mention the 25 hit you have on yours).

PJ
Feb 8, 2004, 07:39 AM
On 2004-02-07 23:22, silvermax wrote:

just my opinion

I'd have to agree with Sliver Max.

My RAcast with my RoboChao (Requirements being that 2 stats need to be at 70), I went with Pow and Dex to 70, and got Pow to 120 and Dex to 75.

It's so hard to do ultimate >_< And no, it's not hard to hit (About 140 ATA you should be hitting most times), but it's just HE'S SO WEAK!

He's almost 58 and he's almost hit 600 base ATP>_<

(And Spread Needles are uber cheap and boring http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)

EDIT: Oh, I forgot RAmarls have Shifta and Deband. ^_^;;;

I really have to know what equipment people use with their RAmarls for them to be so fun, as I've said before, I've tried 3 and it really just bothered me to play them. In fact, the only Ranger I find playable at all really is the RAcast. But that's just me...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SUPAH_CHAO on 2004-02-08 04:43 ]</font>

Thepandaman
Feb 8, 2004, 08:00 AM
My friend's only character is a Ramarl and he got onto ULtimate at lvl 64. Then, the only weapon he used for a while was a demons laser which got past the enemies in a combo because he had a pure dex mag. Anyway, to make it more interesting, he just plays mainly offline multiplayer, and doesn't really vary much in his playing style.

I however with my Racaseal melee a lot http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif. A Db's Sword, a partisan, and a redria slicer of some description are what she uses, and when I do actually use them as a ranger, I just use a burning arms +10. Heh heh you've got to love those burning explosions...

Nai_Calus
Feb 8, 2004, 09:47 AM
Ewww, do not make a Diwari for your RAmarl. They look horrible on them. Too big. Make a Rati instead. XD

ERI loves her 5/103/70/0 Rati(I'm not done raising it yet. XP)... She just hit L102 last night, and the DEX really does help her, since at any given time she may or may not have a free slot for even one God/Arm(God/HP is your friend, and even then she hasn't broken 800 yet with two of them). This is online, though, of course, and you're offline, so you may not need anywhere near that much.

Don't forget your S/D/J/Z when you get them. It makes a huge difference(Shifta and Zalure is the difference between ERI doing damage and ERI not doing damage online, even her own 19/20 S/Z... Toss in a FO with L30, of course, and it gets better. XP)

ERI doesn't bore me, although she's not much of a challenge. ^_-;;;

Blue-Hawk
Feb 8, 2004, 03:36 PM
On 2004-02-08 06:47, Ian-KunX wrote:
Ewww, do not make a Diwari for your RAmarl. They look horrible on them. Too big. Make a Rati instead. XD

Despite what Ian-KunX says, not NOT make a Rati. They may look cool, but it will take you untill the 6th day after the second Ragnarok to finish raising it.

Eihwaz
Feb 8, 2004, 04:20 PM
On 2004-02-08 12:36, blue-hawk wrote:
Despite what Ian-KunX says, not NOT make a Rati. They may look cool, but it will take you untill the 6th day after the second Ragnarok to finish raising it.

Yes, Ian, Ratis are quite cool. But I wanna try something different for my RAmarl. I think it'll look kinda interesting.

Blue-hawk is right. Ratis are a paaaaaaaaain to get to level 200, even though they're such a great mag. Diwari doesn't look bad, and it's easier to raise.

I'll do fine without any MIND, I think. My HUnewearl doesn't have any MIND on her mag, but thanks to her slightly lower HP and Higher MST, she heals herself with about 2 restas. I'm assuming RAmarls are similar to HUnewearls in terms of MST and HP. I'm guessing that RAmarls have less MST, though...

GuerillaPimp
Feb 8, 2004, 04:52 PM

thats a matter of opinion i think. Plus this allows RA's to equip better guns at low levels

Aunt_Betty
Feb 8, 2004, 06:02 PM
I think it'ws beter to be a RAmarl or a RAcaseal.Mechs are better with them then RAmar or RAcast.

Jazhara
Feb 9, 2004, 04:53 AM

45 Luck materials.

Vital. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

lain2k3
Feb 9, 2004, 06:41 AM
I'd just make a mag as follows - 5/145/50/0

and just keep that all the way through her existance.
45 luck mats are definite. Go with either whitill or purplenum. probably purple. Spread needle and yas 9000 are both extremely good, and fun to look for IMO. (seeing as you have a donated 9k) purplenum doesnt really have an area that doesnt have good drops, same for whitill. greenil is poo compared to them http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif and ramarls rock, good luck.

PatserGOUKI
Feb 9, 2004, 07:12 AM
Okay, I've tried RAngers before. However, becuase of my then n00bish stupidity, I only weilded Rifle-type weapons with my RAnger chars...I became EXTREMELY bored with them. My RAmar only got to 30ish, and my RAcast only lasted until 19...

I'm going to try one last time to make a proper RAnger character. This time, I'm going to weild a combination of Shotguns (maybe Partisans), and Mechguns. I'm not gonna try the male RAngers, nor the RAcaseal (I don't like Droids much). So, that leaves me with a RAmarl.

A good friend is supplying me with a spare Yas9KM with 25% Hit ( http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif ) , which will be my RAmarl's cheif weapon once she gets high enough. Another friend will donate a 15% Hit Meteor Smash, which will do fairly well until I find a Spread Needle. And of course, I'll eventually hunt down a Frozen Shooter.

For a Mag, I was thinking of a Diwari with stats along the lines of (5/125/70/0). At higher levels, I may need to remake the mag with less DEX, but for now, that's what it's gonna be. I don't want any MIND, so are those stats good enough?

And for a Section ID, I was thinking of Whitil. It has a variety of good finds (including the Guld Milla parts that I'll likely never find...), and I think it'll do pretty well.

I just want to say one thing: COOL!
LOL, I made one Ramarl, 3 weeks ago and shes also a WHITILL, shes doing great http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
Havent found any 'very' cool items yet, but im going to hunt items as from this week.

PatserGOUKI

PJ
Feb 9, 2004, 07:16 AM
On 2004-02-08 15:02, catindahat wrote:
I think it'ws beter to be a RAmarl or a RAcaseal.Mechs are better with them then RAmar or RAcast.

Errr, how?

All the mechgun animations look the same to me (Other than the FOmarl) http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SUPAH_CHAO on 2004-02-09 04:17 ]</font>