PDA

View Full Version : PSO enviroment has improved

Omege12
Apr 15, 2001, 12:09 PM
Think back right before SEGA got rid of pk'ing, that was an extreme low of PSO. About a week after that, a huge lag cloud discoonected us for about 5 or so days. But now, no pk'ing, and the servers are ALOT better. I just wanted to give some props out to SEGA for fixing everything up. I have been playing alot more lately, still having as much fun as when I just got the game. See you all on puck 9, Peace.

Danger_Girl
Apr 15, 2001, 12:16 PM
yup yup right you are Omega12. Servers MUCH better the last few days! PK bug gone. Things are lookin up. Once ver. 2 is out we'll be in heavenhttp://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_wink.gif.

Mayi
Apr 15, 2001, 12:24 PM
There still are cheating problems though, just recently I saw a level one with a twin brand and an Opa Opa slaughteriung absolutely everything.

teflon
Apr 15, 2001, 12:24 PM
It was so funny during the 5 days of lag. Everytime you tried to got to a team you automaticly thought, i'll be disconnected. heh

Danger_Girl
Apr 15, 2001, 12:31 PM
Your so right Mayi. Lotsa cheating going on. But its gotten better. Maybe in ver2 they will figure out how to end the dupes and all that. We can only hope....

Omege12
Apr 15, 2001, 12:36 PM
Yah, and in big ships like Oberon, everyone, well not everyone but most people dupe and cheat openly. Also, lvl 999 mags are still usable I see, because I was playing normal on Oberon and saw a lvl 8 with a lavis...hehehehe.
Sega got to get 'dem mags..

MechDan
Apr 15, 2001, 12:36 PM
If you see a low level character with a fancy weapon and a special mag, don't assume he's the cheater (or in this case, those items may EASILY have been legit). He could be a PSO newbie who was given stuff from a random guy (who may be a duper or whatnot) who thought he was doing him a favor.

In this case, those items could very well have been acquired normally, and the player was simply starting a new character.

SaitoH
Apr 15, 2001, 01:51 PM
I was sooooo happy to see alot of open games last nite. People seem to be alot more trusting again. Much happier environment=much more fun PSO, YAY!

As far as cheating goes, let em. I think players using hacked mags and stuff are robbing themselves of the true enjoyment of playing the game. As long as there is no PK'ing and thieving I am happy playing PSO online and will continue playing open games. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_biggrin.gif

Omege12
Apr 15, 2001, 02:09 PM
MechDan- C'mon though! A level 8 with a lavis?

Saitoh- Yeah I have noticed alot more open games lately as well. That makes me happy http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

KnightShade
Apr 15, 2001, 04:45 PM
People need to learn when to just let things be. So what the lvl 8 guy has a lavis...BIG DEAL! in a month or 2 he will lose intrest in this game and leave while we will all still be here enjoying it. You have to look at this as a choice.

So far cheating has not been fully stopped,but think about this......which would you rather have PK's or Dupers? I know which I would rather have.

merlin
Apr 16, 2001, 07:05 PM
I agree with NIGHTSHADE. I think that its a combination of a Sega clean-up AND the fact that alot of the cheaters and dupers are finally starting to move on.You'll probably find them on Unreal Tournament ruining THEIR fun now......