PDA

View Full Version : Force opinions?

ToeNail89
Feb 8, 2004, 08:56 AM
I want to make a force, but everytime I try, it tends to get boring after around level 20. I have to constently buy fluids and not having any for my mag. Does anybody prefer a class where I am strong in magic(and defense), easy to use, and not boring to use. I know it takes patience to level up high and then is where the fun begins, but I just can't do it. I basically want more of a strong force character going out to kick ass rather than a support type. Also if you have a good mag setup I'd like to see that to.

Thanks in advance.

ChaosBooma
Feb 8, 2004, 09:09 AM
well since i'm only lvl 19 myself i can't give a great opinion but i love using my FOnewearl,straight from the start she can do a lot of damage with simple techs like foie which is really handy as you don't waste much tp.FOnewearl also has the biggest mst in the game which is good to get the great weapons before other forces.i've found FOmars almost impossible to use(i only destroyed one room in forest 1 before having to go back to p2 to recharge)and FOmarls are quite difficult too.if you manage your tp and fluids well you can be fully stocked up,i'm only at caves on normal but i have full monofluids and nearly full difluids in my bank and with me plus a full bank of trifluids.once you get ryuker it's easy to restore tp as you can just go back to p2 without wasting a telepipe.at the moment i can wipe out almost all of forest in 1 hit and most of caves in 1-3 hits(pan arms not included).i actually havn't touched my mag at all as i really don't see any use wasting all my fluids on one so far,FOnewearls don't have great defense but you rarely need it as you can just destroy everything from a distance with foie.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ChaosBooma on 2004-02-08 06:11 ]</font>

Chris_c11t
Feb 8, 2004, 09:09 AM
If you want some fun, go for a melee force.
You won't be able to do well without twinking them, but you may find it a fun way to get through the levels.

rena-ko
Feb 8, 2004, 09:14 AM
just wait until you get your tech force up to 60 or so. vhard is really easy - not to mention ult. all you need is enough HP, good tech disks (25+) and the fun starts.

having another character to help funding the force with meseta might help though.

ToeNail89
Feb 8, 2004, 09:19 AM
I see..I forgot to mention I almost never play single mode. It's usually just me and my bro playing offline muliplayer.

Tsudo_Plat
Feb 8, 2004, 02:11 PM
On 2004-02-08 06:19, ToeNail89 wrote:
I see..I forgot to mention I almost never play single mode. It's usually just me and my bro playing offline muliplayer.

Also, make sure you pick any extra items you find, that way when you go back to town to get fluids you can sell those extras and get some extra income. In Ultimate, I usually don't even need to pick up very many items because my meseta is already maxed from selling extra items throughout the whole game.

One other thing, if your looking for something other than a force, a RAmarl is good choice. They have very strong techs, plus you have the option of using cool ranger weps as well.

PaleKid15
Feb 8, 2004, 03:38 PM
If you don't have the patience to get a force to level 20, do EVERYONE, including yourself a favor and stop playing this game. You are obviously not the PSO type. However, if you do get some patience eventually, I would reccomend the tech savvy HUnter for you (that would be a HUnewearl), or RAnger (RAmarl). A hunter or ranger would be less boring for you, and they have good mst and techs. FOrces are not the best choice for a first character (which you would know if you read the character description: FOrces are for advanced level players, which you are not) If you insist on a force, FOnewearls are best at low levels, and they are pretty good later too.

PaleKid15
Feb 8, 2004, 03:38 PM
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PaleKid15 on 2004-02-09 11:35 ]</font>

PaleKid15
Feb 8, 2004, 03:39 PM
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PaleKid15 on 2004-02-09 11:36 ]</font>

ToeNail89
Feb 8, 2004, 03:45 PM
Oh no, I have plenty of patience. It's just that Force is harder to use in the begginning. But a have a level 60 HUmar which I am very happy with. I'm no noob. I'm just asking for good tips from you advanced force users. I've made a Fomar and Fomarl but that was when I first started playing. Now I'm thinking of making a Fonewm or Fonewearl but I need some good tips on making a good offensive force(Using Techs) character. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ToeNail89 on 2004-02-08 12:52 ]</font>

ERS
Feb 8, 2004, 03:51 PM
Melee FOnewm.

Triple post.. just happened to me too.

Aziangangster
Feb 8, 2004, 03:57 PM
if u keep running out of fluids try a stealing tp stealing weapon.

Aunt_Betty
Feb 8, 2004, 05:59 PM
Be a melee FOmarl.Get agito and some good mech. guns and you'll be hyper!

Genoa
Feb 8, 2004, 06:09 PM
FOmar FOmar FOmar! Gi-techs&Grants x 1.3 damage and S/D 2x range. S/D and J/Z are vital for a melee force. Especially on ult. Ult is when Forces get really fun. No offense, HUmar might look cool, but they're pretty boring if you ask me. And lvl.60 is o.k... I can do that in 2-3 weeks. 1 week if I tweak. But forces need patience for finding disks and keeping them alive. Forces are when you truly learn the technique of backing down. When your about to die, don't be mad and try to kill the enemy before it hits you, chances are you'll miss or you'll be too slow and they'll kill you. Just back down, leave room, heal, get situated, then enter the fray again. And FOmar's are not a challenge to use once they are nicely decked out.

navci
Feb 8, 2004, 06:11 PM
On 2004-02-08 12:51, ERS wrote:
Melee FOnewm.

I concur. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

RicoRoyal
Feb 8, 2004, 06:15 PM
On 2004-02-08 15:11, navi wrote:

On 2004-02-08 12:51, ERS wrote:
Melee FOnewm.

I concur. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

As do I. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

ReaperX
Feb 8, 2004, 06:22 PM
I had the same problem. but what i did was go online and trade for a lvl 200 mag with alot of mind and now i love playing with my fomar!

Genoa
Feb 8, 2004, 06:32 PM
A mind mag??? Why not a Pow (witha bit of Dex)? Meleeing FOmar is so much more funner... and more suitable for him.

Helco
Feb 8, 2004, 06:48 PM
ok dude find someone whose strong to play multimode wiht you and play till your force is level 20 by then you should have close to every spell type and make it a melee force they add so much more fun to being a force

ToeNail89
Feb 8, 2004, 08:36 PM
Im thinking of making a FOnewm pinkal, mag stats:
45 def 15 dex 145 mind
I basically want to just 'nuke rooms' with my deadly Techs http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
Is there a better class for what I'm planning to do?(Strong offensive techs)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ToeNail89 on 2004-02-08 17:37 ]</font>

ToeNail89
Feb 8, 2004, 08:48 PM
Oh, I forgot to ask. Does the the MST level depend on how high you hit with tech or does level of tech discs? Also does your ATA depend on how accurate your Techs are?(pretty sure no)

Thanks.

Kupi
Feb 8, 2004, 09:09 PM
While I'm not entirely certain what you're asking, I can say that both the tech level and MST play a part in how much damage you do, though level is generally more important, since it also expands the range of the tech. Techs always hit, regardless of ATA. Still, a high ATA score can be helpful if you want to convert to meleeing or if you want to use TP-restoring weapons effectively.

Zeroy
Feb 8, 2004, 09:14 PM
I'm a lvl 21 FOmar myself, and it really isn't as hard as you think. At the beginning, you constantly had to buy fluids and it takes forever to get your mag's level up. I know, I've been through that the past couple of days http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif. I never had more than 1 or 2 thousand Meseta in the stock room. But now I'm level 20 with 40,000 Meseta http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif. Forces will eventually start having more Meseta than they know what to do with, especially if you STOP BUYING WEAPONS (I sound like that guys wife in The Value of Money http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif). Forces don't really need weapons anyways. Stick with the Canes you FIND until you FIND a Rod or Wand in the caves. Don't waste your money on buying weapons with higher grinds when forces never use the weapon except to break open boxes! Being a Force is hectic until level 20, then you start getting richer and it gets alot better.

Your quiting right as you get to the good part http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

silvermax
Feb 9, 2004, 12:18 AM
i just made a Fomar this morning name Chrono' for redria. i pretty much Meleed all the way to caves 3, and didnt bother with the boss, i knew i was too weak

but he was quit interesting, and also my next big project, need some of them Redria drops *god battle anyone?*

and im playing him Untwinked, need a bit of a Challenge *my first Male char OMG*

Zelgadis
Feb 9, 2004, 02:11 PM
Too those who are playing low level FOmars. Just wait...if you ever have the patience to get up over level 130....they become gods. Thier casting speed is faster then the other FO's and if you have a good def/mind mag and some decent armor....nothing can deal damage to you. I play offline single and nothing but special attacks/magic hurts me. I also go unarmed, which quickens casting time. But thats just me. My FOmar is level 151. His mag is nice....but he hit his max magic so I'm working on replacing his current mind def mag with a def mind mag. Basically switch the two stats around. 150 def and 50 mind. Yeah it can be truly evil when the bosses physical attacks don't even hurt me anymore.