PDA

View Full Version : Sorcerer's Cane - Have you found one?

Orangadam
Feb 9, 2004, 05:38 AM
Are you a pinkal?
Have you found a Sorcerer's cane?
How long did it take you to find it? do you reconmend that I complete the quests on ultimate so I can do Doc's Secret Plan over and over.

I can handle ruins fine because i have a demolition comet http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Is the Sorcerer's cane good?

Sparticus
Feb 9, 2004, 05:41 AM
No the Sorcerers cane is crap! Well I am saying that from a RAcast's point of view. It is an okay weapon if you are a force character, but otherwise it is crap.

Thepandaman
Feb 9, 2004, 05:43 AM
What's that? I found you that demolition comet http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Anyway.....back on topic, according to HeyF00ls drop chart it says 1/900..
*thinks about killing 900 Gran Sorcerers....Shudders*

I was wondering if the 10% TP saving is noticable, and whether it's worth using it as a geist weapon. I wouldn't mind trying to melee with one.

Mixfortune
Feb 9, 2004, 05:44 AM
I got my Sorc's Cane from Bluefull.
If you have something like a FOmar or Gi-based FOnewm, it's very good. Combine it with a gifoie merge, and you have sweet, sweet charred corpses all the way through most of the entire game.

There are a couple more Gi-Boosting weapons, but Sorc's Cane also TP steals... might not be that great for the low ATA FOmar(l)s, but the TP stealing is just an often nice extra.

If you are using a FOnewearl, stick to a Summit Moon.

I highly recommend the Sorc's Cane, though. Very nice.

Blue-Hawk
Feb 9, 2004, 10:42 AM
I have a pinkal that found one. I use my Summit Moon, though, for the MST boost as well as the boost to basic techs seeing as how I have a fonewearl. Can't tell you how long it took me seeing as how i found mine by accident right after I exacted my revenge on a Gran Sorcerer for killing me in Retired Hunter.

Orangadam
Feb 9, 2004, 11:20 AM
thanks very much
do you recon i should get onto Doc's Secret plan because you find 10 grand Sorcerer's there or is there any other quest better for them?

Zarana
Feb 9, 2004, 11:46 AM
The Gi boost is worse than the one on the Magical Piece, which also offers an MST raise. I think you should just use that instead.

As for the 10% TP cut, you'll probably never notice it.

ButtFlange
Feb 10, 2004, 12:17 PM
On 2004-02-09 08:46, Zarana wrote:
The Gi boost is worse than the one on the Magical Piece, which also offers an MST raise. I think you should just use that instead.

As for the 10% TP cut, you'll probably never notice it.

Shame the Magical Piece is only obtainable on-line ...

Kupi
Feb 10, 2004, 07:23 PM
Speaking of "never noticing it," a weapon-based MST boost would offer next to nothing for damage, and is basically a moot point. MST raises TP as well, but getting the equivalent of another Difluid and Trifluid out of your stock (10% more TP, essentially) could well overshadow anything you'd get from the MST boost at higher levels, especially if your MST is maxed out and therefore won't go any higher. Personally, I'd think a casting FOmar would need the extra TP more than the extra power.

Genoa
Feb 10, 2004, 07:27 PM
I want it for looks. My best magic weapon right now is Twinkle Star.

Zarana
Feb 10, 2004, 08:17 PM
Trust me, Kupi, you'll notice the power difference between the Magical Piece and the Sorcerer's Cane. I'm not talking about the MST boost, I mean there's an honest to goodness 10% difference in the technique power boost. Sorcerer's Cane is 20%, Magical Piece is 30%.

I'm telling you that just by default the Magical Piece is a better weapon, that the MST boost is the proverbial icing on an already more delicious cake.

If you have access to online mode, the only reason to use a Sorcerer's Cane instead of a Magical Piece is if you're a cheapskate. In my book, performance outweighs being stingy with your money and unwilling to sacrifice that one little Trifluid here and there.

Solstis
Feb 10, 2004, 08:49 PM
On 2004-02-10 17:17, Zarana wrote:
Trust me, Kupi, you'll notice the power difference between the Magical Piece and the Sorcerer's Cane. I'm not talking about the MST boost, I mean there's an honest to goodness 10% difference in the technique power boost. Sorcerer's Cane is 20%, Magical Piece is 30%.

I'm telling you that just by default the Magical Piece is a better weapon, that the MST boost is the proverbial icing on an already more delicious cake.

If you have access to online mode, the only reason to use a Sorcerer's Cane instead of a Magical Piece is if you're a cheapskate. In my book, performance outweighs being stingy with your money and unwilling to sacrifice that one little Trifluid here and there.

*Shakes his head* Well, that would be your opinion. The Sorc-cane is prettier tho. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

doubletake123
Feb 10, 2004, 08:57 PM
u should get the sigh of a God it is sooooooooo nice

lain2k3
Feb 10, 2004, 10:18 PM
magical piece is quite a bit better, and is extremely...sexy, if I may?

but sorcerors cane is quite good offline.

Solstis
Feb 10, 2004, 10:24 PM
On 2004-02-10 17:57, doubletake123 wrote:
u should get the sigh of a God it is sooooooooo nice

If you like swinging that thing 1000 times to kill one ulty monster, yeah, it is.

Eihwaz
Feb 10, 2004, 11:56 PM
On 2004-02-10 19:18, lain2k3 wrote:
magical piece is quite a bit better, and is extremely...sexy, if I may?

Not on male FOrces, it isn't...http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_barf.gif

Maybe on a cute FOnewearl...>.>

The 30% boost to Gi-techs is quite nice, but I don't use those kind of techs a lot, and it doesn't look as cool as a Sorceror's Cane.

So, in closing:
In terms of looks: Sorceror's Cane>Magical Piece
In terms of actual usefulness: Magical Piece>Sorceror's Cane