PDA

View Full Version : Androids Are Messed Up!!!

Chaz
Feb 19, 2001, 09:13 PM
Remember in EVERY other Phantasy Star game when you tried to give a Monomate or Dimate or Trimate to an android it wouldnt work?

Why does it work now? Huh? Huh?!

(I have nothing better to do today than to dis androids http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif)

Skee
Feb 20, 2001, 03:15 AM
The old bearded master says : "My Earth techniques are better than your pitiful Algolian ones! My medicine is so great, anything will benefit from its use! Now, grasshopper, take the meseta out of my hands!"

(OK, probably a better reason is because the FOcasts and FOcaseals were cut from the game. So, no android could perform any Skills to help their fellow bot. That means no Spark Skill to recharge. Plus, dividing the abilities would probably cause the androids to stop hanging with the organisms which goes against the cooperative teamplay PSO is about. So, viola!)

The old bearded master says : "Hush up, young Skee! And don't forget to paint my fence!! No left, right! Use up stroke, then down stroke!"

(H-hai, bearded-sama!)

[addsig]

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: Skee on 2001-02-20 00:18 ]</font>

SuperSubZero
Feb 20, 2001, 03:20 AM
I'm sure medical technology in the PS universe has improved over the last thousand years. Also, I am all for androids who can't do techniques. Techniques are just spells plain and simple, and require certain psychic influences I'm sure the machine-made brain can't do.

-SSZ

50volts
Feb 20, 2001, 03:33 AM
Androids can use -mates now not because a medical break through, but a technological one. They have special tools that convert -mates to hull iron. Cool huh?

(And my friends ask me what I do at midnight: I post dumb replys ;-P )

Danderdag
Feb 20, 2001, 03:53 AM
on a semi-related note, does anyone think that SEGA should have included Repair Kits as an additional android-only healing item to help balance the technique thing?

PSO_Krunk
Feb 20, 2001, 04:24 AM
I think it would be cool if mono, di, and tri-mates WOULD NOT work on androids, and there were special android only repair kits. That way, you would have to carry healing items for both kinds of players.

I think that would show some serious fore-thought, from a team based perspective. You know your teammates are really looking out for you when they take the time to stock specialty items to help you.

TheGreatOni
Feb 20, 2001, 04:41 AM
Well, the android in 4, his techniques seemed to be all technological, so androids could have had techs that were mechanical based. I rather dislike the fact that the ranger, the two hunters, and the forces all share the same techs. I'd rather they gave the hunters and ranger diff techs specific to them.

[addsig]

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: TheGreatOni on 2001-02-20 01:43 ]</font>

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: TheGreatOni on 2001-02-20 01:44 ]</font>

Danderdag
Feb 20, 2001, 05:02 AM
Well, it's an obvious comparison, but I'm betting they'll follow in step with Diablo 2. Diablo 1 had the class system that was VERY similar to PSOs (READ: non-existant). In Diablo 2 every class had very unique skills.

Chaz
Feb 20, 2001, 10:44 PM
I still say Repair Kits should have been included. And TheGreatOni...that was my favorite character in every PS game...his name was Wren.

I really hope PSO2 will be like D2 in the skills/techniques way and I REALLY hope that Repair Kits will be included.

Sylvette
Feb 21, 2001, 07:00 AM
Biological creatures are so inefficient.

It does suck that the androids have no skills at all. In PS4 they at least had special weapons. I also think the HUcast should have had a slow self-repair (like HP/Restorate) without having to equip anything. He may have some great attributes, but those trimates sure run out quickly.

Natasha
Feb 21, 2001, 03:09 PM
Well... actually, depending on how much of a freakish PS otaku you are, the androids of the PS series have been affectable by 'mates and able to cast the same techniques as the organics before.

In PS3, in the original version(aka the Japanese version), Wren and Mieu were androids(not cyborgs, as it was mistranslated in America, then again it also originally occured 2000 years after PS2, not 1000 like in the mistranslation). Of course, since PS3 was more of a gaiden/sidestory game than a 'real PS,' not even made by the same team if I'm correct, the androids that use techniques and are affected by 'mates aren't exactly 100% in the series(then again, PSO is a side story itself, so... *shrug*)

ReikenFeralsbane
Feb 21, 2001, 03:25 PM
i hope either in PSO2 or in an expanison kit for PSO1 that there are more races to choose from, or more classes at least....i meen i love being hunter, both my characters are hunter, humar and hucast, and i love them. rangers are borring to me, same with forces....no real combat..hand to hand, clashing of bone and sinew. anyways, maybe some new alien species would be kool...um maybe some cyborg (like "wren" from the first ps's) that, maybe could use techniques...cuz bieng half human/newman.......ALSO! i want to be a male hunter newman!!! i love pointy ears.....so maybe more cuztomization options so you can customise your character 1 last time....or you can constantly update them with the expansion kit.....also 1 last thing, i hope in pso2 that you can use your old character and boost them to lv 200.....
http://us.f122.mail.yahoo.com/ym/ShowLetter/pso.jpg?box=Inbox&MsgId=9589_10673_778_858_27246_0&bodyPart=2&filename=pso.jpg&YY=69495&order=down&sort=date&pos=0
thanx for hearin me out.
Reiken
humar lv 94

Danderdag
Feb 22, 2001, 07:12 AM
You're right, PS3 DOES NOT count. I repeat, PS3 does NOT count. /em shakes his head muttering.

Seutekh
Feb 22, 2001, 08:05 AM
That's odd. I was just thinking about "repair kits" this morning... Well, this afternoon.

Actually I figure an automatic slot or two for those slot items would be a fair trade for a lack of techniques...

I have no clue what an Elf/Arm++ actually looks like, but I'd be willing to bet it'd fit pretty neatly inside a droid's nifty upgrade compartment. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_wink.gif

Toss in an HP/Restorate or two.... maybe a PB/Amp... *grins*