PDA

View Full Version : PSO or Metal Gear

Noobliterator
Feb 9, 2004, 02:31 PM
which is better? The PSO series or the Metal Gear series? i'm a big fan of both but it's coming down to PSO 3 or the Twin Snakes/Snake Eater. I need help deciding

Dangerous55
Feb 9, 2004, 03:10 PM
That's like comparing a Sherman Tank to a Chevy Malibu.

anwserman
Feb 9, 2004, 03:11 PM
Get both.

Buy PSOIII, and until you can save enough money to get MGS:TTS, rent it. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Skett
Feb 9, 2004, 03:55 PM
I know what you mean. I have to decide between MGS: Twin Snakes or PSO Ep. 3. Right now I am in favor of Twin Snakes but that can change.

And the better series? Metal Gear in a landslide.

Edit: Ep. 3. I chose to buy that because I really want to play with some of you people.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skett on 2004-02-09 15:30 ]</font>

Noobliterator
Feb 9, 2004, 04:42 PM
thanx but you know sherman tanks were POS right badly built and ill-equipped for the war they were only good in the fact that they were so many of them

Rainbowlemon
Feb 9, 2004, 04:53 PM
I personally would get Metal Gear Solid - I am I big fan of them, and PSO III just looks like some samey, unoriginal card game along the lines of pokémon...Well, maybe not that bad, but you know what I mean. (Sorry all pokémon fans!) The FMVs look amazing as well, so I would definately go for MGS...IF I had the choice. (My bro is the one with the cube http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif I'll try and convince him....hehehe)

BogusKun
Feb 9, 2004, 05:25 PM
There are more ....

nothing screw it I wont waste my time.

PSO is just plain addicting.

So buy it... it's worth it.

anwserman
Feb 9, 2004, 05:39 PM
The thing is, you can rent Metal Gear, not PSO. Just get PSO now, get a high character up on it, and then rent Metal Gear during that time (since you cannot rent PSO due to Serial/Access numbers). Once you have enough money, buy Metal Gear and you have both games.

Its the most logical thinking... if you cannot decide between both.

Solstis
Feb 9, 2004, 05:45 PM
On 2004-02-09 14:39, anwserman wrote:
The thing is, you can rent Metal Gear, not PSO. Just get PSO now, get a high character up on it, and then rent Metal Gear during that time (since you cannot rent PSO due to Serial/Access numbers). Once you have enough money, buy Metal Gear and you have both games.

Its the most logical thinking... if you cannot decide between both.

Wise is anwserman indeed. *Points* do what he said. But who needs Metal Gear when you have PSO? Pshwaw!

Daikarin
Feb 9, 2004, 06:16 PM
They're two different games. Comparing PSO to Metal Gear Solid is the same as comparing Soul Calibur 2, with, say... Mario Kart Double Dash, for instance.

If you really can't decide, go with reviews. Higher review scores for a game justify the fact of you spending money on it.

If you're still confused, make a poll in this thread and then decide.

Guile
Feb 9, 2004, 11:39 PM
My vote goes to MGS, I mean come on!

Dangerous55
Feb 10, 2004, 12:03 AM
On 2004-02-09 13:42, Noobliterator wrote:
thanx but you know sherman tanks were POS right badly built and ill-equipped for the war they were only good in the fact that they were so many of them

Quantity is a quality all its own.

Looks like it worked out in the end.

Axispoint
Feb 10, 2004, 05:47 AM
I prefer most Metal Gear games over PSO, except MGS2 and then I'd rather play PSO. As for Ep 3 and Twin Snakes, if I wanted both, I'd save up the money and get them at the same time, but I have never really wanted Ep 3 (no interest), so that makes my choice real easy and it helps that Metal Gear Solid is one of my favorite games of all-time (and the 27 minute trailer for TTS really made me want that game now, lol). That's just my own little preference, though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Axispoint on 2004-02-10 02:49 ]</font>

SpikeOtacon
Feb 10, 2004, 05:53 AM
Hmm....play a card game....OR....snap necks, shoot foo's, sneak in the shadows, watch the Ninja kick ass, and look at a beta gamecube in the computer room?
MGS: Twin Snakes all the way, man!

Noobliterator
Feb 10, 2004, 10:28 AM
On 2004-02-09 21:03, Dangerous55 wrote:

On 2004-02-09 13:42, Noobliterator wrote:

Quantity is a quality all its own.

Looks like it worked out in the end.

touche I was wondering when someone would bring something like that up ever since I wrote that

BogusKun
Feb 10, 2004, 10:48 AM
On 2004-02-10 02:53, SpikeOtacon wrote:
Hmm....play a card game....OR....snap necks, shoot foo's, sneak in the shadows, watch the Ninja kick ass, and look at a beta gamecube in the computer room?
MGS: Twin Snakes all the way, man!

That's the CARD game, hahaha.
Yea, I rather cap foos too.

Allos
Feb 10, 2004, 06:31 PM
Metal Gear all the way. Really, think about it.

Noobliterator
Feb 13, 2004, 10:30 AM
K, thanx I think I'll get PSO III and rent Metal Gear until I can buy it.

Armok
Feb 13, 2004, 11:52 AM
I think pso ep 3 will be appaulingly bad. I not a huge fan of MGS but may buy it if I have an excess of cash at the time of release

Allos
Feb 13, 2004, 01:07 PM
On 2004-02-13 07:30, Noobliterator wrote:

You really did not listen to our advice.........

KingChaos
Feb 13, 2004, 01:55 PM
PSO!

anwserman
Feb 13, 2004, 03:12 PM
On 2004-02-13 10:07, Allos wrote:

On 2004-02-13 07:30, Noobliterator wrote:

You really did not listen to our advice.........

Yes, he did. He's getting both. I stated that he should get PSO first because you cannot rent the game at all due to how the serial/access numbers are... but during that time, he could rent Twin Snakes.

See, if he'd buy Twin Snakes first, he'd have to save up money to get PSOIII - and by the time he'd get it, he'd possibly be done with Twin Snakes and wanting a new game. If he gets PSOIII, which technically never ends, he can rent Twin Snakes during the period until when he can actually buy it. See, he gets both games. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Because his original post was whether or not he should get PSOIII or Twin Snakes.... no original intention to buy both. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif