PDA

View Full Version : n00b

Rainbowlemon
Feb 9, 2004, 06:01 PM
Does this word actually mean anything anymore in the hands of the person using it? Everybody I encounter using the word 'n00b' on the net seems to be a 'newbie' themselves! What's with that??! If you're new to a game/not very good at the game, you don't go around calling other people n00bs! That's just moronic and senseless!

What the hell is wrong with half the gamers I encounter now? Time was that I could play through Diabo free and easy, without torment! Now I'm being called a n00b by some useless half-wit that can do fuck-all in terms of gaming JUST BECAUSE I pick up arrows!

And why oh why is it always these very same people that can never manage to punctuate radically simple sentences and somehow have the remarkable ability to misspell words like 'of' and 'a'?? Somebody kill me now before I throw a hideously heavy dictionary at someone's face! [/rant]

Anubis_
Feb 9, 2004, 07:02 PM
On 2004-02-09 15:01, Antimony wrote:
Somebody kill me now before I throw a hideously heavy dictionary at someone's face!

*Pulls ridiculously long dagger from backpack.. sneaks quietly behind Antimony...*

I hate that word I've never used it in any online conversation..

I call people alot of things.. retards,, turd burglers, F*** faces,, but never noob.. thats just harsh.. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/eviltongue.gif

Solstis
Feb 9, 2004, 07:36 PM
On 2004-02-09 16:02, Anubis_ wrote:

On 2004-02-09 15:01, Antimony wrote:
Somebody kill me now before I throw a hideously heavy dictionary at someone's face!

*Pulls ridiculously long dagger from backpack.. sneaks quietly behind Antimony...*

I hate that word I've never used it in any online conversation..

I call people alot of things.. retards,, turd burglers, F*** faces,, but never noob.. thats just harsh.. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/eviltongue.gif

I hate that word too... though I do use it sometimes as a joke.

Newb! N00b! l333t-Deficient, etc.

This is more assasin-like *hands a 100 foot long piano wire to Anubis_*

hollowtip
Feb 9, 2004, 08:24 PM
I don't call people n00bs, I call them nubs.

Sord
Feb 9, 2004, 08:55 PM
i only use n00b as a joke, unless I'm in FKL, but in there, everythings a joke http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

Skuda
Feb 9, 2004, 09:26 PM
yah, I noticed an AR level 200 n00b in pso called me a n00b. here's how it went.

lvl 200- hey n00b, wanna have a battle?

me level 152- um...no. I have other important things to do.

lvl 200- are you afraid you'll loose. cuz you're a n00b and all?

me agian- k, fine...

we batteld and I kicked his butt. he got FSOD too! ahaha! he had alot of AR cheated items while mine were legit. he came on a while later and said:

hey, you're that guy i fought... you cheated. now my character died because I lost. no fair.

Black000Moon
Feb 9, 2004, 10:34 PM
On 2004-02-09 18:26, Scott_Kuda wrote:
yah, I noticed an AR level 200 n00b in pso called me a n00b. here's how it went.

lvl 200- hey n00b, wanna have a battle?

me level 152- um...no. I have other important things to do.

lvl 200- are you afraid you'll loose. cuz you're a n00b and all?

me agian- k, fine...

we batteld and I kicked his butt. he got FSOD too! ahaha! he had alot of AR cheated items while mine were legit. he came on a while later and said:

hey, you're that guy i fought... you cheated. now my character died because I lost. no fair.

off topic: gotta love stories like that.
on: Its so fun to say n00b.....I used to say pimp(dont fucking ask) but now i use n00b and god damn it never gets old.

PJ
Feb 9, 2004, 11:28 PM
I would only put the term n00b to the people in Vega.

And here's me trying to fit in with the Vega crowd

http://home.graffiti.net/s_chao:graffiti.net/Moron.png

Heh, notice the filename of the image :b

YOu'd be a big jerk to call a n00b to anyone else but those who can't play this game...

Firocket1690
Feb 12, 2004, 07:44 PM
On 2004-02-09 20:28, SUPAH_CHAO wrote:
I would only put the term n00b to the people in Vega.
Heh, notice the filename of the image :b

YOu'd be a big jerk to call a n00b to anyone else but those who can't play this game...

Self degradation ?

Black000Moon
Feb 12, 2004, 07:52 PM
http://home.graffiti.net/s_chao:graffiti.net/Moron.png

lol that is awesome/stupid

KaFKa
Feb 12, 2004, 09:05 PM
On 2004-02-09 17:24, hollowtip wrote:
I don't call people n00bs, I call them nubs.

BogusKun
Feb 12, 2004, 09:40 PM
I don't reall say n..eohop ...oobs at all...

I can't see myself typing it.

Skuda
Feb 13, 2004, 01:31 PM
some low levels you think are n00bs are not. usually they are old players making a new character. I respect that especially wwhen they are kind to you instead of thinking you arn't legit just because you have a kasami bracer...

BogusKun
Feb 14, 2004, 12:08 AM
I swear to God about this but...

...I found a Kasami Bracer on Seabed...

I swear.

LeviathanIX
Feb 19, 2004, 01:34 PM
Antimony and Scott are right, I have noticed an abundance of level 200 people as of late, and i can only guess that they are using AR, and the people using the Action replays are a bunch of noobs them selves, i guess they have some sort of fear of us talented players. For example, i was playing as my level 131 RAmar, and joined a battle of 3 level 200 HUmars, and i killed them all, do you know why? it's because they had no idea what they were doing! Just because you have an AR doesn't mean you are actually good at this game. My definition of noob is a person who NEEDS a cheat to survive online, so if you're going to cheat, stay offline please! I have also noticed that almost ALL the AR cheaters are either HUmars, or FOmars.. I am sick of seeing all these stupid Americans running around saying "pwn3d" and n00b, they are just making themselves look like idiots thank you for your time.

anwserman
Feb 19, 2004, 01:43 PM
I am sick of seeing all these stupid Americans running around saying "pwn3d" and n00b, they are just making themselves look like idiots thank you for your time.

I'm sure that it isn't just American people that run around doing that... you are aware that Action Replay (or a variation of) are sold in other countries too...

Even better, did they start bitching at you at how you were able to beat them or no? Because I would just rub it in. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Solstis
Feb 19, 2004, 03:36 PM
On 2004-02-19 10:34, LeviathanIX wrote:
Antimony and Scott are right, I have noticed an abundance of level 200 people as of late, and i can only guess that they are using AR, and the people using the Action replays are a bunch of noobs them selves, i guess they have some sort of fear of us talented players. For example, i was playing as my level 131 RAmar, and joined a battle of 3 level 200 HUmars, and i killed them all, do you know why? it's because they had no idea what they were doing! Just because you have an AR doesn't mean you are actually good at this game. My definition of noob is a person who NEEDS a cheat to survive online, so if you're going to cheat, stay offline please! I have also noticed that almost ALL the AR cheaters are either HUmars, or FOmars.. I am sick of seeing all these stupid Americans running around saying "pwn3d" and n00b, they are just making themselves look like idiots thank you for your time.

Actually, I know a few "legit" level 200s (ok, a lot of box tricking, but mostly legit) that actually know that they're doing. One's drive corrupted tho. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

BogusKun
Feb 19, 2004, 06:46 PM
On 2004-02-19 10:34, LeviathanIX wrote:

Me and S N K were some of the first legit 200s characters

Ness
Feb 19, 2004, 06:49 PM
For awhile, the term n00b was often misused both here and on PSO. Whenever someone would get their stuff stole, the victim would always call the thief a n00b.

BogusKun
Feb 19, 2004, 07:00 PM
On 2004-02-19 15:49, Ness wrote:
For awhile, the term n00b was often misused both here and on PSO. Whenever someone would get their stuff stole, the victim would always call the thief a n00b.

Or the other way around... I remember I got my Prized STAG CUTLERY stolen from some guy named Rage during the early V1 days... He called me a n00b

*Vows to never play with Rage's again*

Armok
Feb 20, 2004, 08:31 AM
I remember having a Autogun +34 stolen on early pso v1 days. I swore to direspect everyone from that day forth.

I discribe anyone who runs around in ult games with a 300% weopon saying LOL everytime they kill anything as a n00b.

LeviathanIX
Feb 20, 2004, 01:37 PM
You are right, when i beat them, i did rub it in, it was hilarious, they started calling me a n00b and a cheater, so i had a good laugh that day!

BogusKun
Feb 21, 2004, 02:14 PM
Hey Ness... no offense but you're a n00b...

Meh~!

LeviathanIX
Feb 23, 2004, 02:11 PM
There is nothing wrong with being a noob, everybody starts somewhere, so whoever uses that word is not thinking at all, unless the person cheats, then they are a noob