PDA

View Full Version : what is your least favorite weapon?

Kuea
Feb 10, 2004, 02:51 AM
whats your lest favorite weapon?
mine would have to be the slicers of assasins.(sorry is spelt wrong)
when i first got one it was like sweet a rare,
now it's like another one jeez, free weapon for a noob.

Myopathy
Feb 10, 2004, 02:59 AM
On 2004-02-09 23:51, Gajeh wrote:
(sorry is spelt wrong)

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif Got me before I could say anything...j/k.

Hmm, my least favorite would have to be the sword (non-rare regular sword). Why? I played CMode a lot...as a HUnewearl...and I LOATHED those swords.

SJ
Feb 10, 2004, 03:52 AM
On my oran it would have to be those god dam cross scars or bloody art......

ilr2000
Feb 10, 2004, 09:21 AM
Spicifically... I despise the dragon slayer with a passion. (Skyly.. yeah...)

But on a generic level, I'm not a huge fan of the mech weapons. If I played with my ranger chars more often, I might get used to them, but right now their cool down time and limited range leaves much to be desired.

Jason
Feb 10, 2004, 09:30 AM
Dragon Slayer.

Nai_Calus
Feb 10, 2004, 11:18 AM
Swords, Claws, Fists, Twin Swords and Wands.

Ugh... C3 with a HUmar, with the HORRIBLE HORRIBLE male sword animation.(Or anything with a Sword, actually, even my HUcaseal lacked the ATA to make any decent use of it. So glad when we found Daggers. @_@) I just don't like Swords. *shrug*

Claws... Well, 'nuff said. Just about all the classes have a horrible animation, especially on the third hit.

Fists... There are exactly two classes I like and find the unarmed animation useful on. And both a FOmar and a HUcaseal will be better served by something that hits multiple, or at least more times in a combo, with better range...

Twin Swords... Ugh. Too slow. Ooh, power! Ooh, ATA! Well that's nice, too bad the animation SUCKS. Especially on males. Let's put it this way. I had a nice Yamato. What did I use instead in VHard-Ult until I found better things? A Gladius. Yeah.

Wands... With males at least, the casting time is horrible. Females are somewhat better, at least FOnewearls, but ugh. The melee animation sucks too if it comes to that. Usually, they're ugly. (Agni and Dagon the only exceptions IMO)

goku4ever
Feb 10, 2004, 11:49 AM
daggers coz one of my m8s thinks theyre way cool. he says to me:
"come on u gotta admit theyre pretty cool"
twat...

Thepandaman
Feb 10, 2004, 12:01 PM
Talis.
Took me ages to find one, then what did it do?
MISS, MISS, MISS

epeon
Feb 10, 2004, 01:06 PM
don't forget about the varista!

epeon
Feb 10, 2004, 01:09 PM

Butoden
Feb 10, 2004, 01:14 PM
On 2004-02-10 08:18, Ian-KunX wrote:
Swords, Claws, Fists, Twin Swords and Wands.

Ugh... C3 with a HUmar, with the HORRIBLE HORRIBLE male sword animation.(Or anything with a Sword, actually, even my HUcaseal lacked the ATA to make any decent use of it. So glad when we found Daggers. @_@) I just don't like Swords. *shrug*

Claws... Well, 'nuff said. Just about all the classes have a horrible animation, especially on the third hit.

Fists... There are exactly two classes I like and find the unarmed animation useful on. And both a FOmar and a HUcaseal will be better served by something that hits multiple, or at least more times in a combo, with better range...

Twin Swords... Ugh. Too slow. Ooh, power! Ooh, ATA! Well that's nice, too bad the animation SUCKS. Especially on males. Let's put it this way. I had a nice Yamato. What did I use instead in VHard-Ult until I found better things? A Gladius. Yeah.
Gloves are quite useful with males, try weak attack, weak attack or weak attack, hard attack and walk back 1 step and repeat combo. Gloves have awesome ATP...
You're right about the Twin Swords though http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif Claws suck as against every monster but the Grass-Assasin...

Kuea
Feb 10, 2004, 02:20 PM
well claws and twin swords and swords are really better with a god/battle.
nothing can stop Asuka with Nei's Claw, Yamato and Flowens Sword.
I'm pretty sure thats spelt right.
as soon i'm strong enough i'll use the heart of poummn(sorry if spelt wrong)

lain2k3
Feb 10, 2004, 03:19 PM
claws pwn in the ult. mines guys, learn how to use them. (in which case you cant as a fomar)

and varista with 30% hit or more is better than heavens punisher, IMO.

Zarana
Feb 10, 2004, 08:20 PM
I hate any three-hit, single-target melee weapons.

I hate the Heaven Punisher.

I hate all Rifles that aren't the Frozen Shooter.

I hate all Handguns that aren't the Ruby Bullet or Milla.

I hate many more weapons.

If I had to choose a single one, I'd probably say... Vulcan. Although they're reasonably decent, seeing people pull them out just bugs me.

Zeroy
Feb 10, 2004, 09:45 PM
i hate the weapons that have like -5% when tekked... thats just weird

lain2k3
Feb 10, 2004, 10:16 PM
oh yeah, forgot to actually answer the question... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

I rather dislike any weapon humars use. they make every weapon in the game look totally retarded.

and i hate dark flow, heavens punisher, and orotiagito, because people like worship them as duper/hacker rares, and they suck complete ass.

Hrith
Feb 11, 2004, 04:08 PM
I do not dislike any weapon, really.
This is a game, and the point is to have fun.
I really enjoy Claws, even Aelia uses Morning Glory in Mines. I really enjoy Katanas, Kefka uses Sange a lot. I really enjoy Sabers, Ancient Saber and Red Saber are amazing on Aelia. I like Swords over Partisans, I don't see what's wrong with the male animation, it's faster than the females' >_> And I like Twin Swords over Twin Sabers BY FAR.

So if I had to pick one I'd say Twin Sabers : they're overrated, they're very slow and they are a huge waste of power (even my Twin Brand and Stag Cutlery are).

But using all weapons, especially the ones you've found, is the point, I mean after 2700 hours, the game still hasn't bored me because the weapons I use vary a lot, always using the best (cheapest), most poweful ones must be hella boring.

On 2004-02-10 17:20, Zarana wrote:
I hate any three-hit, single-target melee weapons.

I hate the Heaven Punisher.

I hate all Rifles that aren't the Frozen Shooter.

I hate all Handguns that aren't the Ruby Bullet or Milla.
Care to explain why ?

Zarana
Feb 11, 2004, 04:42 PM
I sure do.

I hate any three-hit, single-target melee weapons because a five or six-hit weapon will ALWAYS be better, in every possible situation that may arise. Even a Ripper off the ground is better than an Orotiagito in battle, the regular green Double Saber is superior to every saber, and a simple Dragon-found Musashi is better than the ridiculously rare Nei's Claw. It is possible to clear areas with these awful three-hit weapons, don't get me wrong, but it will never be the fastest way. Or even close. And good luck making any contribution to a team that has a Ranger on it, as with one of these weapons you'll just be dead weight that picks up items you don't deserve.

I hate the Heaven Punisher because the damage is always worse than a Spread Needle and it is notorious for the annoy concept known as damage negate.

I hate all Rifles that aren't the Frozen Shooter because there's no reason to use anything else. The Shooter's sideaffect is by far, by FAR the best thing the Rifle class has going for it. With the Yasminkov 9000 making rifles obsolete as a means of actually dealing damage, the Shooter is the only one that retains anything resembling useful functionality.

I hate all Handguns that aren't the Ruby Bullet or Milla because the Ruby Bullet has a practical use (hitting flying bosses 100% of the time) and Milla is just plain stylish. To be honest, Rangers have no purpose using Handguns at all, save for to knock the Dragon/Gryphon/Gol Dragon out of the sky with the Ruby Bullet. The Red Handgun has its uses on a Hunter, but it's really boring-looking.

There.

Hrith
Feb 11, 2004, 05:02 PM
Zarana, you are hilarious.

Zarana
Feb 11, 2004, 05:04 PM
Why, because I'm right?

I think you just take me a little too personally because you use trashy equipment and pretend it's good, Kef.

lain2k3
Feb 11, 2004, 05:16 PM
you both have good points, lets just leave it at that.

I do use crummy weapons sometimes, too. I cant stand orotiagito, because it may be abit better that kamui, yamigarasu, or sange, the latter 3 look cool. oroti is really ugly, in additon to sucking. Rifles were never my style outside of FS and yas 7k I like the 7k because it looks nice, bot because its particularly good. I also enjoy claws, outside of silence claw. <- ugly

and ruby bullet is one of the best designed weapons in the game, both in use and looks.

spread needle is fun just because of how obscenely god like it is when compared to other weapons.

I have lots of different reasons for using stuff.

I only neglect weapons that are both sucky and ugly.

muff
Feb 11, 2004, 05:18 PM
Now, now, let us remember.....

what is your least favorite weapon?

Hrith
Feb 11, 2004, 05:42 PM
On 2004-02-11 14:04, Zarana wrote:
Why, because I'm right?

I think you just take me a little too personally because you use trashy equipment and pretend it's good, Kef.

You're not right, that's your opinion and I respect that.
What if your opinion sucks ? ain't my fault...

I have a Frozen Shooter, a Demolition Comet, a Meteor Cudgel, a Sange & Yasha, a Yasminkov 9000M, and a recently found Handgun:Milla.
I use them, from time to time, not more than any other weapon. And I gave away Milla (to a friend, mind) because I hated the look >_>

And this is a video-game, I'm not personally involved in it. Besides I takes the bets I clear any area faster with my weaps, especially against your Frozen Shooter or oh-so-slow Twin Sabers.

You should start sentences by "I think" or "in my opinion", that would give your opinions much more credit.

SophiaSeed
Feb 11, 2004, 06:10 PM
I one weapon which is the worst has to be the heavan's Punisher.

The only reason being that many noobs will get a super Dex Mag and use this only weapon. It hurts many of the others starting out there character by killing off everything before anyone else gets the chance.

Im not sure about most people, but from a legit point of view this is horrible. I am legit, and it pains me to see when people decide to do stuff like that only to get to the next level as quick as possible and get in the way of others. The game should be about having fun and enjoying playing, not trying to get through to the end as fast as you can.

which is more important: the Goal, or the Journey?

lain2k3
Feb 11, 2004, 06:16 PM
On 2004-02-11 15:10, SophiaSeed wrote:

The only reason being that many noobs will get a super Dex Mag and use this only weapon. It hurts many of the others starting out there character by killing off everything before anyone else gets the chance.

Im not sure about most people, but from a legit point of view this is horrible. I am legit, and it pains me to see when people decide to do stuff like that only to get to the next level as quick as possible and get in the way of others. The game should be about having fun and enjoying playing, not trying to get through to the end as fast as you can.

you should see people in ult. with this thing. It hits everything for about 100-120 damage, it is pure crap that is cherished because people refuse to realize how awful it is.

Kuea
Feb 12, 2004, 04:07 AM
well this is off topic but i use heaven's punishers effect because it keeps me alive and weakens enemies enough to kill with guld milla.
besides anyonewho i've played with loved how helpful i was.
mainly people new to ultimate who had an easy time with enemies
because i weakened them.
but youre right people who use ti to only progress do suck i use it for fun,to stay alive,to help,to get a hit on an enemy for EXP and most of all it looks cool.
i'm gonna make a HP topic drop by with your comments.

Myopathy
Feb 12, 2004, 04:10 AM
On 2004-02-12 01:07, Gajeh wrote:
well this is off topic but i use heaven's punishers effect because it keeps me alive and weakens enemies enough to kill with guld milla.
besides anyonewho i've played with loved how helpful i was.
mainly people new to ultimate who had an easy time with enemies
because i weakened them.
but youre right people who use ti to only progress do suck i use it for fun,to stay alive,to help,to get a hit on an enemy for EXP and most of all it looks cool.
i'm gonna make a HP topic drop by with your comments.

Don't bother. Sure it looks cool, but it's just not that practical in Ultimate. I don't see how it keeps you alive, it hardly stuns the enemy, and there's a HUGE delay from when you fire it and when it actually hits the enemy

silvermax
Feb 12, 2004, 04:20 AM
well out of all the weps ive used, i disliked the Claws the most

id use a saber over a Claw any day

Garm
Feb 12, 2004, 04:32 AM
-5hit handgun ofcource....
rare? double saber cause i cant finis any combo against bartles... (only weak weak weak comco's >_<)

PaleKid15
Feb 12, 2004, 01:45 PM
On 2004-02-11 15:10, SophiaSeed wrote:

Did it ever occur to you that they ARE having fun playing that way? That would piss me off too, but if that's how they like to play then leave the game.

As for my least favorite weapon, that would be Agito 1975. (I don't think I need to give the reasons anymore, everyone should know about my agito problem by now) My least favorite type of weapon is twin swords, because they are crappy double sabers.

Jarek
Feb 12, 2004, 04:48 PM
On 2004-02-10 10:09, epeon wrote:

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif
i really like the varista. oh well, just my opinion.
honestly i hate, absolutely despise, stupid BKB's with percents just cause HUnters always go thorugh and kill everything so fast. there's no point for a team when they're around because they just kill everything before you can even get there.

iamthehbomb
Feb 12, 2004, 04:52 PM
The worst weapon in my opinion would have to be the Gae Bolg. I hate it with a passion. Back when my ranger was a bluefull I was drowning in these things. I couldn't get away from them. This single item ruined my bluefull experience (it didn't help that I couldn't find crap resembling a decent ranger item with this ID). Not to mention they are ugly as hell and are a low-end partisan. Such a worthless rare. To reiterate, I hate the Gae Bolg.

Lone_HUmar
Feb 12, 2004, 04:57 PM
L&K's, Dragon Slayers, and Final Impacts (Purplenum, Skyly, Viridia) Being in ULT, I don't get why their there in the first place.

Mark_Paz
Feb 12, 2004, 05:41 PM
I found thousands of Indras and similar force weapons..so i give all to low level forces.

azngamer648
Feb 12, 2004, 06:30 PM
I HATE BLOODY ARTS, DB SABERS, AND FLOWENS SWORDS!!!!! DANG THEM!!!!!!

Genoa
Feb 12, 2004, 08:27 PM
On 2004-02-10 12:19, lain2k3 wrote:
claws pwn in the ult. mines guys, learn how to use them. (in which case you cant as a fomar)

and varista with 30% hit or more is better than heavens punisher, IMO.

Sigh... another FOmar hit... I agree with Zarana. I don't like weapons that only hit 3 times. Most people look for ATP boost on a weapon. I look for Combo# and ATA. But then again, with mechguns... if everyone used them, the game would be pretty boring. (unless everyone use Yasminkov 9000M's! SWEET)

Genoa
Feb 12, 2004, 08:37 PM
oh forgot to say what I hated... I dislike Dragon Slayers, Justy 23ST's, Gaebolgs, Alive Aqhu's, Slicer of Assasin, Ice Staff:Dagon, and DB's Saber. But most of all, I hate Double Cannon. So ugly! Yuk! It's the most disgusting, suxerz, worst sounding weapon of all time. BKB is so much cooler. A bit more damage and only -2ata than DC. And it sounds so cool! Though it's a common dupe, it's still cool. DC is yuK! And it's photon so that doesn't help.

DOG21313
Feb 12, 2004, 10:29 PM
To answer the first question:

Dragon slayer.

Guess what ID i am? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

ryiest
Feb 13, 2004, 10:41 AM
I hate the Stag Cutlery. It is so useless with my Nicca Twin+200

Armok
Feb 13, 2004, 11:59 AM
I hate Flight cutter and twin psychoguns. I got all excited and guess wat they both are dust collecting banked rubbish