PDA

View Full Version : Amount of Data Flow for PSO? (like, how many megs per hour)

Silenced
Feb 10, 2004, 05:01 AM
I just got a brodband connection (finally, i miss optimum online, look at sig) and it's charged by megabytes. Like, i buy a package of 500 megs and if i download a 100 meg file i'll have about 400 megs left.

So anyway, as soon as i got it i went overboard playing TFC (half life mod) and racked up about 160 megs in 4 days. I'm therfore worried about how much PSO uses.

So, does anyone know about how many megabytes or kilobytes or whatever PSO Ep. I&II for Cube uses per hour of gameplay online on average (lets say with four people)?

Thanks. I don't think this is really an "issue" so i don't think it belongs in the other topic thing up top. If i'm wrong then i appologize.

VioletSkye
Feb 10, 2004, 01:01 PM
An easy way to tell would be to setup ICS and monitor the traffic for an hour.

Silenced
Feb 11, 2004, 07:00 AM
The reason I'm asking is because i currently don't have an HL (thus i can't set up the ICS thing since i can't currently play online). I want to know if its worth buying one. This (its worth) will depend on how much play time i can get this month, and the amount of playtime depends on how many megabytes PSO uses per hour. Like, if pso uses 100 megs per hour (of course not) then i can only play for about 3 hours for the next two months (since my internet package would be used up, and i dont control the money in the house so i couldn't get a new one for 2 months), and thus it wouldn't be wise for me to pay 8.95$ for 3 hours of play.

Or maybe if i can cancel the HL later on in the month and not get charged... but is that possible? I guess i'll look around this forum and see. I dont like asking previously answered questions... but please, if u know, answer the main question of data flow... and if u want u can tell me if HL's are cancelable w/ out charges, but u dont have to, just direct me to a topic. Thanks.

VioletSkye
Feb 11, 2004, 02:00 PM
You can cancel your HL at any time with no penalties and likewise you can reinstate it at any time with no penalties. Its not prorated though, so you'll have to pay for a full month each time. I find it odd that your ISP gives you only a certain amount of traffic each month. 500 megs is nothing at all, especially with broadband. Are there any other options for broadband available in your area?

Silenced
Feb 11, 2004, 02:43 PM
Alas no, my provider is probably the best thing around and still sucks. The internet sucks in my country, and this is the only broadband we get, so i asssume they dont yet have the capabilities to handle all the trafic that would occur from a flat monthly rate.

So, does anyone know lol?