PDA

View Full Version : Valentine's Chocolate

Harkle70
Feb 11, 2004, 10:56 AM
I got it from the Valentine quest for the female character...but What that item do? nothing? useless?

Superguppie
Feb 11, 2004, 11:12 AM
I asked the same question in http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=75646&forum=7&8
No answer yet though. It makes sense to have her give it to her Valentine, but I don't have a clue what good that will do. The Item Database doesn't help out either...

Flint
Feb 11, 2004, 11:39 AM
Well, to be honest it's entirely possible that they do nothing... Just a novelty item that's pretty pointless and has no actual worth in the game.

Just like a Ranger... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I'm JOKING!!!

LollipopLolita
Feb 11, 2004, 12:05 PM
it doesn't really do anything much. the candy from another quest, however, you should hang on to.

SophiaSeed
Feb 11, 2004, 02:24 PM
Actually this valentine chocolate is actually an old tradition in Japan, which is probably why it's here too.

In Japan, woman give chocolate to men they like. Depending on the relationship prior to Valentine Day, you may either get alot or alittle bit of chocolate. Usually what happens then is on White Day, about a month after Valentine's day, the guy will give a really nice present to the girl who gave him chocolate, ie: necklace, braclet, earrings.... etc.

When i lived in Japan for two years i gave out chocolate like it water one year, and received lots of presents afterwards about a month later on White Day. It's not hard to realize that just a goofy tradition, but it's one that to worry about overly.

there are two types of chocolates i've seen thus far. The first is from the Female only quest the yields a Valentine chocolate, after recieving it i don't know what it does. The second is the one with Nol in it. It yields a chocolate that actually isn't too bad since it gives off one of two things. It either raises your hp or tp when you eat it, or gives off a negative effect. But the best part about the Nol one is that you get a pretty cool game for your gameboy if you can connect it to your cube. it's quite addicting according to Nol and i would agree. it's fun, but not overly difficult.

Superguppie
Feb 12, 2004, 03:13 AM
Ah, so it's a Japanese thing. Ok, I'll wait for white day then...