PDA

View Full Version : Worst weapons received from a rare enemy....

chaodragonb
Feb 11, 2004, 12:18 PM
This is just sad... Alex the hunter here, and I just forgot to report this for a while.See, this is when I was just struggling in the Forests (normal)
I think I was LV. 8 or something...Anyway, I was just getting some exp, and BAM! An Al Rappy drops from the sky. So, of course, I 'm thinking two things,
1)What kind of rare items will I get???
2)How am I going to kill something with 150 HP?
(I was equipped with a Dagger +1)

So, it almost killed me (embarassing moment???)
and I beat it after a while...
So, I wait around for about a minute, and see it get up..

THWACK!!! I smack it around and it drops....
92 MESETA??? WHAT???
Sad story...

but of course now, I have a delsaber's buster so I'm much happier...

Zarana
Feb 11, 2004, 01:10 PM
HP/Revival from a Bluefull Pal Rappy or Cure/Poison from a Whitill Mil Lily. Those items are so awful that the non-rare items, or Hard/V-Hard drops from those enemies, are better. Eww.

Mark_Paz
Feb 11, 2004, 01:18 PM
I think that the only rare you can get in normal mode are addslots and photon drops, rare monsters don't drop anything special in normal.

Butoden
Feb 11, 2004, 01:31 PM
Exaxlty! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Monomate from Hildetorr!

navci
Feb 11, 2004, 01:37 PM
If I have to count, there are much. :/
To 10 Whitill Love rappies now, meseta, flame barrier, moons, all kinds of shit but my Electro Frame.

Though, I have to agree Whitill Mil drop is a joke. Cure/poison? Really, this drop in Hard/vHard! Definitely not worth the work.

heyf00L
Feb 11, 2004, 02:43 PM
What about the Greenill DB's Sword. That's pretty lame. Also, some might not agree, but the Yellowboze and Purplenum Red Slime drops are painful.

Zarana
Feb 11, 2004, 02:48 PM
Whitill and Bluefull get the stupid Caduceus from Pouilly Slime too, but the worst offender is Pinkal's TP/Revival. Viridia's Gody/Body isn't exactly too stellar itself. ... In fact, as a whole, Pouilly Slime drops are pretty awful.

Save for the Pinkal, though, they don't compare to the injustice of finding Cure/Poison or HP/Revival from a rare enemy. Eww, eww.

Skuda
Feb 11, 2004, 02:51 PM
the worst I've gotten would probably be from a hildetorr. power material. I"M MAXED OUT!!! i have no use for materials anymore, a monomate would have been more useful...

Butoden
Feb 11, 2004, 03:04 PM
On 2004-02-11 11:51, Scott_Kuda wrote:
the worst I've gotten would probably be from a hildetorr. power material. I"M MAXED OUT!!! i have no use for materials anymore, a monomate would have been more useful...

Yeah, Monomates are Rare at Ultimate, but I would rather have gotten the Frozen Shooter!

Soukosa
Feb 11, 2004, 03:11 PM
The title asks what's the worst weapon you got from a rare enemy and most of the people just talk about some non-weapon that wasn't the enemy's rare drop. Then we go onto those that talk about rare drops from rare enemies that they think are crappy. The thing is, who said that rare enemies have to drop some sort of awesome rare? No one if I remember correctly. Some of you just make me wonder why you even play PSO (like you Zarana).

Now as for the purpose of this topic. I've gotten quite a few non-rare weapons from rare enemies, that are capable of dropping weapons that is. Well, it's just not too big of a deal to me. If a rare enemy drops you some crappy weapon, oh well, you got some nice experience points, so just continue on with life.

lain2k3
Feb 11, 2004, 03:20 PM
Sounomi, a lot of these people dont have a choice of whether or not they play PSO. PSO is a narcotic in its truest form.

Zarana
Feb 11, 2004, 04:32 PM
Sounomi, you obviously didn't read the first post, because the person who started the topic himself cited finding Meseta from a rare enemy. This evidence in hand, I can say without a doubt that he did not use the term "weapon" literally, and we are free to talk about horrible drops in general.

With that out of the way, who are you to wonder why I play PSO at all? To get the full experience, am I supposed to enjoy items like HP/Revival and Cure/Poison, which have no practical use whatsoever? Am I supposed to happily play through areas where nothing good drops, and put up with IDs like Pinkal? Not a chance. Like everyone else, I play to get the most enjoyment out of the game. I do not enjoy bad items, I do not enjoy finding them, I do not enjoy the areas in which they drop, and I will not pretend I do just to show what you perceive as a love of the game. We all, myself included, love PSO in our own ways. Mine does not include blindly looking past every flaw in the unbalanced ID system, or pretending certain Sonic Team item decisions are competent.

You're right that no one says rare enemies are supposed to drop something stellar, but at very least they should drop something that isn't worse than the common enemy's item.

The Pal Rappy HP/Revival is more worthless than the regular Rappy Angry Fist.

Whitill's Caduceus and Pinkal's TP/Revival are worse than the regular Slime's Guard Wave and Lavis Cannon.

Greennill's DB's Sword is worse than the regular Lily's Justy.

Whitill's Mil Lily Cure/Poison is worse than the regular Lily's Diska of Braveman.

The Oran and Purplenum Temple Hildetorrs drop worse items than the regular Hildelts.

Things like these make no sense, as the rare enemies are not only special-looking, but more powerful. They should give the player a reward instead of making them think "Grr, I wonder if the regular enemy would have dropped its item if this thing hadn't appeared..."

Horrible rare enemy items defeat the purpose of rare enemies in the first place.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zarana on 2004-02-11 13:32 ]</font>

Nai_Calus
Feb 11, 2004, 05:18 PM
You've all forgotten another stinker of a rare drop, the horribly crappy Regenerate Gear from SKYLY Temple Mils, which drops in the same place from VHard Nars, on the same ID, and isn't worth it even in VHard.

Hmm. Well, the three Elysions kind of stink, so does Photon Claw, Regenerate Gear as I said... Ooh, Sense Plate. Forces can't use it, the level requirement is retardedly high, the stats stink, and all it does is give you the ability to see traps. By the time you get a character to the level to use it, you probably already KNOW where the traps are in most layouts, or you might even, god forbid, carry trap visions. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif If I see a Mil in ORAN Caves, I reverse the pipe trick on it and make it go away.

And boy did the original poster get stiffed. The Al Rappy my FOnewm saw on Normal gave him 653 meseta. XD

lain2k3
Feb 11, 2004, 05:24 PM
the only place I've ever seen a hildeblue is in Cmode. I've also seen and al rappy and a nar lily in Cmode. I hate that crap.

and i like sense plate with rangers! it helps in ET with the shock and freeze traps all over the place.

Rogue100
Feb 11, 2004, 05:46 PM
On 2004-02-11 14:18, Ian-KunX wrote:
You've all forgotten another stinker of a rare drop, the horribly crappy Regenerate Gear from SKYLY Temple Mils, which drops in the same place from VHard Nars, on the same ID, and isn't worth it even in VHard.

Hmm. Well, the three Elysions kind of stink, so does Photon Claw, Regenerate Gear as I said... Ooh, Sense Plate. Forces can't use it, the level requirement is retardedly high, the stats stink, and all it does is give you the ability to see traps. By the time you get a character to the level to use it, you probably already KNOW where the traps are in most layouts, or you might even, god forbid, carry trap visions. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif If I see a Mil in ORAN Caves, I reverse the pipe trick on it and make it go away.

And boy did the original poster get stiffed. The Al Rappy my FOnewm saw on Normal gave him 653 meseta. XD

I wouldn't be that harsh on the Sense Plate. Yes it does have a very high lvl requirement, but once you get there, it is very nice to have constant trap vision, especially with my Ramarl's lvl 20 Rafoie, which can take out a large number of traps (I suspect that is why forces can't use it, because lvl 30 would probably clear most rooms entirely of traps). In addition, not all of its stats are terrible. It nearly matches the attribute plate for resistance

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rogue100 on 2004-02-11 14:48 ]</font>

Zeroy
Feb 11, 2004, 06:05 PM
I'm still in normal mode, and the only rare monsters i've seen are Al Rappys, Love Rappys and Nar Lillys, and I allways get Angel/Minds and Angel/Lucks. The Angel/Minds are usefull for my FOmar, but the Angel Lucks are just annoying.

Nai_Calus
Feb 11, 2004, 06:07 PM
Yeah, and after about three ET runs you learn where all the traps are, and can carry a couple of Trap Visions for the two or three times it's actually necessary/worth it to clear them. I'm not buying the non-crapness. Especially since the RAs/FOs will be far enough back that it won't matter until the enemies have been wiped out in the areas where it's not prudent to clear them first. HUs... Eh, I hate HUs on an ET team anyways. Fools always run ahead on floor 8 and get themselves killed. ALWAYS. They do it on other floors too. Maybe I just haven't played ET with any competent HUs. >_<; Anyone claiming HUs, especially droid HUs with their utter lack of rifles, aren't worthless in ET is welcome to come hunt me down online some night and prove otherwise, because I refuse to believe it until I see it. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Er. Anyway. I still don't like Sense Plate. (And what if one of your RAs/HUs is a droid, for that matter? XP)

lain2k3
Feb 11, 2004, 06:24 PM
I dont think that anyone would be stupid enough to use sense plate on a droid. and hunneys with holy ray can be somewhat helpful in ET, humars have to sacrifice too many other stats to get up to 680 mst.

but I'll agree that a fomarl and 3 RA's (excluding ramar's) would be the best ET team.

PJ
Feb 11, 2004, 06:47 PM
On 2004-02-11 15:24, lain2k3 wrote:
humars have to sacrifice too many other stats to get up to 680 mst.

Not really. My HUmar has enough MST, and his ATP isn't terrible (Well, it is by the 1337 h4xx0rz standards...).

My HUmar is level 112, his mag is Devil's Wing with 15/61/62/62. Most people would think it would be retarded to have a HUmar with these stats, but really, it's very interesting! (And fun... I will never have a Hunter with a full Power mag, that's just stupid).

His ATP is over 900. He maybe be doing about 200 per hit (With Flight Cutter) and 300 per hit (With Asuka), but with 184 ATA, he certainly doesn't miss a lot. And 700 MST, I can't really say my HUmar sucks.

I bet no one has created a HUmar like that http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Nai_Calus
Feb 11, 2004, 07:21 PM
Droids -can't- use sense plate to my knowledge, so stupidity doesn't come into it. I'm just saying, what if you have a droid on the team. Then wearing a sense plate on a fleshy is pointless.

But yeah, 3 RAs and a FO of some sort is indeed the ideal ET team in my mind. FOmar with a Resta Merge works for me, since that's what I use, but a FOmarl would indeed be superior.(Considering the better support, and her Grants boost being better than the FOmar's for Epsilon...)

I put my FOnwearl's Mag on my HUmar once, along with a couple of God/Minds. Maxed his MST. Gave him a Gizonde Merge. Took him to Ult CCA offline. That was horribly painful and far more amusing than it had any right to be. And I personally don't use any MIND on my HUmar's Mag. Pure POW/DEX so he actually makes some kind of valid contribution(Via having nice ATP and maxed ATA. 52 DEX and two God/Arms does it for a L125 HUmar, heh)

Genoa
Feb 11, 2004, 07:37 PM
..... I wish my FOmar had my RAmarls ATA... anyways, a HUmar with 680 MST ?! Whoa... the only thing more impressive than that is a RAmar with 680 MST *laughs histerically at RAmar's that try to wear Holy Ray* My top 3 characters can all use holy ray with ease seeing I chose all of them to have good MST. Well, FOmar doesn't really have good MST but better than HU's and RA's cause of FO attribute. I don't think I could do HUmar and RAmar again. I'd rather have Traps and better stats than some recovery and attack techniques. Once you get to ult, the only good tech is S/D, J/Z, Resta and Anti. And those aren't all that good ... only going to lvl. 15 / 5. A good lvl. HUmar/RAmar would have to heal 3-4 times to get full health after a pretty hark knock down.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MegamanX on 2004-02-11 16:38 ]</font>

MagnumOpus
Feb 11, 2004, 07:42 PM
yeah, i use to do some very hard fake in yellow quests just to see the al rappy, because it looks so damn cool in blue, but the sight of the al rappy is better than anything it ever dropped....

navci
Feb 11, 2004, 07:44 PM
I dont think that anyone would be stupid enough to use sense plate on a droid.

I know a driod using sacred cloth. (tee hee prevents paralysis eh?)

lain2k3
Feb 11, 2004, 08:49 PM
On 2004-02-11 16:44, navi wrote:

I dont think that anyone would be stupid enough to use sense plate on a droid.

I know a driod using sacred cloth. (tee hee prevents paralysis eh?)

well that has an almost plausible excuse. the animation. I think that sacred cloth is the best looking armor in the game. I applaud other for realizing that.

Soukosa
Feb 11, 2004, 10:44 PM
On 2004-02-11 16:21, Ian-KunX wrote:
Droids -can't- use sense plate to my knowledge, so stupidity doesn't come into it.

I've heard that droids can equip it. I don't have one so I can't check for myself.

navci
Feb 12, 2004, 01:19 AM
well that has an almost plausible excuse. the animation. I think that sacred cloth is the best looking armor in the game. I applaud other for realizing that.

Oh? Maybe I'll try it on once I reach the level. But don't EVER think I am ditching my smokey platey!

Auracom
Feb 12, 2004, 12:32 PM
Hmmm 3 take the cake...
(funny thing they are all Mil Lily from Temple)

Skyly - Regen Gear
Whitill- Cure/Poison
Greenil- Custom Ray

Sure they might be semi useful... but ...