PDA

View Full Version : FanArt: I was bored, so...

ladyjaderiver
Feb 11, 2004, 10:09 PM
Um, just to make sure everyone knows, the lineart for this is not by me. It's by dablacksephiroth.

Anyhoo, as the title says, I got really bored, so I printed the piccie off and coloured it with my markers. Now I understand why in my "Art of Magic Knight Rayearth Volume I" book the ladies of CLAMP said that markers work better on copy-paper...

http://www.freewebs.com/laluna/demicolour.JPG

*points* I want a FOne costume just like that! (I shall have to make one one of these days...)

(Who really cares if she's supposed to be wearing the black and turquoise outfit? I felt like making it green!)

Skett
Feb 11, 2004, 10:14 PM
Hey, nice coloring. The picture looks great. And good call on the green (fav color). Y'know, it was kinda hard to tell on the original but Demi has very long hair.

Lone_Wolf_Nasca
Feb 11, 2004, 10:15 PM
o.O
Saves pic*
My gosh !! Lady Jade that is beautiful ^_^ !! I really have to learn how to color like you ^_^.

Sharkyland
Feb 11, 2004, 10:20 PM
Superb coloring...

ladyjaderiver
Feb 11, 2004, 10:27 PM
Thank you all for the comments. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

And yes, Demi has very long hair. As long as I want mine to be, in fact (I'm not that far off from that length, though). http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

navci
Feb 11, 2004, 10:40 PM
It looks very nice!
This is not a generic comment. I am just lacking better words to say at the moment. So, ya.

ladyjaderiver
Feb 11, 2004, 10:48 PM
On 2004-02-11 19:40, navi wrote:
It looks very nice!
This is not a generic comment. I am just lacking better words to say at the moment. So, ya.

*laughs* I get that way a lot... I look at something and I think "wow, that's cool" and then I can't think of anything to say besides "That's really nice". And then I feel stupid.

So don't feel bad about it. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

RavenTW
Feb 12, 2004, 07:13 AM
Holy crap lady! That's shweet! The only real problem I see is her hand looks a little odd, but that's likely due to holding her MAG, and hands are rathar hard to do anyway. Awesome job! Love the long hair!

Deathscythealpha
Feb 12, 2004, 07:49 AM
Nice colouring work there. For a second i thought it had been coloured by computer, so you seem to have done a great job colouring with markers.

MQuantum
Feb 12, 2004, 08:00 AM
It's a MAHU not a mag! *boinks!*

Nice coloring job on that, LJR, and I don't think I told Dablack good job on drawing yet...

Hikara
Feb 12, 2004, 09:27 AM
Bored. BORED!! Everyone does this amazing art when they're BORED!!! ARGH!!!!!

That is FREAKIN' awesome!

And MQuantum, they're always Mahu's. Her Mag's a Panzer tail.

ladyjaderiver
Feb 12, 2004, 03:46 PM
Of course that's a Mahu in her hand! *G* Besides, her MAG was green before she turned it into a Panzer's Tail.

Zzzzzz
Feb 12, 2004, 03:56 PM
On 2004-02-12 06:27, Hikara wrote:
Bored. BORED!! Everyone does this amazing art when they're BORED!!! ARGH!!!!!

That is FREAKIN' awesome!

You have natural talent when it comes to markers, LJR.

Kadou
Feb 12, 2004, 04:30 PM
Awesome.

And very green..

KaFKa
Feb 12, 2004, 04:38 PM
i like it... alot... >.>; *saves*

Mattacon
Feb 12, 2004, 04:39 PM
Pretty cool.

btw, 100 post!!!!!!!!!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mattacon on 2004-02-12 13:40 ]</font>

Sord
Feb 12, 2004, 05:37 PM
Great coloring, though some parts are harder to distinguish now. That's not your fault though, you stayed true to the style. Or maybe it is your fault because you stayed true to the style? Anyways, it still looks good.

DarkRadiance
Feb 12, 2004, 06:09 PM
shocking, absolutely shocking. supurb coloring, great detail. i cant find anything negative to remark about.

I wish I could draw and color that well... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif

Black000Moon
Feb 12, 2004, 07:28 PM
gotta love the long green hair and the lighting

Outrider
Feb 12, 2004, 08:29 PM
Really good job on the coloring, LJR.

Oh, and in case DaBlack ever shows up in this thread, just want him to know it's an excellent picture.

A question on coloring though: How do you go about doing the shifting from a darker green to a lighter green? I mean, I know for the most part how to do it, but it looks so good there. Perhaps it'd be easier to figure out if you just say how many shades of green (how many markers) you used. As someone said, it really looks like it was done on a computer. Very professionally done.

ladyjaderiver
Feb 13, 2004, 10:23 PM
A question on coloring though: How do you go about doing the shifting from a darker green to a lighter green? I mean, I know for the most part how to do it, but it looks so good there. Perhaps it'd be easier to figure out if you just say how many shades of green (how many markers) you used. As someone said, it really looks like it was done on a computer. Very professionally done.

To shade, I just layer on the colour where I want it to be darker. It takes practice and patience to get better at it. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif I only used three shades of green (a light one, a slightly darker one, and a really dark one for the really dark shadows, though I only used the last one maybe twice).

Off topic: *shameless* I get to go to state for the Visual Arts Classic! ... Apparently my on-site project was good. *blink*

dablacksephiroth
Feb 15, 2004, 07:31 PM
On 2004-02-12 04:13, RavenTW wrote:
Holy crap lady! That's shweet! The only real problem I see is her hand looks a little odd, but that's likely due to holding her MAG, and hands are rathar hard to do anyway. Awesome job! Love the long hair!

*Kicks in the back!*

It's a #$!$in' MAHU!!

*kicks again*

And if you didn't note from the very first damn sentence *kicks in the stomach*.. The line art was done by ME!!! *another gut kick* That means it was originally drawn by ME!!! *clotheslines to the ground*

Punk.... nothin' wrong with her #$$%in' hand!!

*spits on the ground where you lay*

...shit..

navci
Feb 15, 2004, 09:13 PM
*Kicks in the back!*

Now now. People might think you can't take in constructive critisim. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

The other person was just pointing a point that felt awkward to him, no need to get so worked up.

dablacksephiroth
Feb 15, 2004, 10:58 PM
>_< It wasn't the fact that he critcized...

It was the fact that he didn't read the first sentence!

dablacksephiroth
Feb 15, 2004, 11:01 PM
That's pretty spiffy how you gave her pupils and stuff... if only I had given you a better shot of her you could've seen how the pic was really to look.

Heh, ya know what... why do you even have Photoshop if you got markers? lol

dablacksephiroth
Feb 16, 2004, 10:51 AM
Aw Damn...

I just noticed, Jade... The symbols on her forehead were eliminated during either the scan or during when we made it black and white...

AH well...

Pic still looks great...

I just like all the details put on when I make me things with line-art. Doesn't matter...

*runs to class*

KingChaos
Feb 16, 2004, 11:42 AM
that is well good

dablacksephiroth
Feb 16, 2004, 01:15 PM
I was 2 seconds from starting another kicking session... but he didn't say anything out of terms...