PDA

View Full Version : Doin' The Fanfic Thing, Pt. #2:

Sheogorath
Apr 15, 2001, 07:37 PM
?This will only take a moment?? Dr. Osto flicked a few switches, connected a few wires, and in a matter of moments, Sheogorath?s metallic body surged with new life, the electrical current feeding his hungry internal battery.

?There, he?s good for another year?.? Dr. Osto unhooked the Android from his machinery as quickly as he had hooked him up, ?Or Five-Thousand Miles, whatever comes first.?

Cheech smiled and tapped on Sheogorath?s head, ?Guess you better think twice about entering the Pioneer 2 Marathon Run this year Sheo??

Dr. Osto glanced at the android, seemingly oblivious to Cheech?s remark, ?Well, he won?t be able to do anything at all until I properly flush his data banks.?

?Since he is in such poor shape, I won?t bill you for it..? Dr. Osto gave Cheech a wink and quickly resumed his work. After plugging in a coiled wire into Sheogorath?s head, the doctor began to stare at a small green monitor in the corner of his examination room, impatiently waiting for something to happen.

?Hmmmm?? Dr. Osto emphatically scratched his chin as row after row of computer language scrolled across the screen. Cheech understood some of it, but the fast pace was too much for his untrained mind to keep up with. ?It seems that we have much more then a simple android here Cheech??

?If this information is correct, Sheogorath is the product of my one-time Colleague Dr. Tonsai.?

Cheech searched his own ?Data Bank? for the name. He knew he had heard of a Dr. Tonsai, but he was never one to read the paper, or even worse, keep up with the daily ?drama? in the world of modern science.

?Not only that,? Dr. Osto glanced back briefly at the android, ?But many of his components are without a serial number, and lack proper identification.?

Cheech shrugged his shoulders, ?In English doc??

Dr. Osto yet again ignored the comment, ?Your Robotic friend here is either made with parts older then 40 years, or he has been made with parts that haven?t been released to market yet.?

?I find the first one of those two to be very unlikely, since his processing speed clocks in at well over 800 Tetra-hertz.?

The beleaguered Doctor tapped a few small buttons below the monitor, stopping twice to glance back at the android again, as if he expected it to run away. The data ran by even faster now, leaving Cheech wishing he had stayed awake in the Technology course he took at the Hunter Academy. He wasn?t sure, but he swore that Dr. Osto was shaking?.

?Cheech?? Dr. Osto mumbled, his voice cracking either under pressure or fear, ?I could get my license revoked if I continue with this?I don?t like what I?m reading here?.?

?This android is either Black Market Technology, or he is a proto-type and probably has some very powerful people looking for him??

Cheech watched as the doctor painfully yanked the cord out of Sheogorath?s head and pushed the android out of his examination chair. Never before had he seen his friend act this way. Although being such a famous scientists was no doubt a high-pressure job, he never imagined a simple examination could cause the Doc to crack like an egg.

?What do you want me to do Doc?? Cheech said hurriedly, one hand on Sheo?s metal arm, and the other leaning on an unused piece of machinery, ?Maybe I could help return him to his proper owners??

The Doctor pulled out a data disk from one of the machines in his room, the light bounced off of it?s reflective surface and nearly blinded Cheech as it was handed to him, ?Look for someone who knew Dr. Tonsai, they will know what to do.?

Cheech laughed, hoping to mask his concern, ?Why can?t I just find the Dr. Tonsai himself??

Dr. Osto began to shake again, ?Because Tonsai and his family are all dead?..?

His black outfit, black helmet, and large frame made him look like a giant amongst the smaller men who were gathered around him. Dark and foreboding, he seemed to radiate an aura of importance everywhere he went. Here, in this room however, he was not just important, but rather, a god.

?I called you all here?? The man said in a deep, yet soothing voice, ?To witness the unveiling of project ?KAI?, a blueprint to success that me and my advisors have been following for quite some time.?

?I know many of you have expressed concern over the amount of money my organization has asked from you over the past 5 years?? The man bowed his head low, an uncharacteristic expression for someone so intimidating, ?But you will soon see why it was worth it?.?

With that final word, the large red curtain that was strung up behind the dark gentleman began to unfurl, and slowly but surely, a shadowy figure stepped out of the darkness of the curtain and into the light of the main stage.

?I present to you the most advanced killing machine money can build?? The black-clad man raised his left arm and motioned for the shadowy figure behind him to step up, ?Killer Artificial Intelligence- Raised Awareness used for Enforcing Guarding and Assassination.?

?Code name: KAI-RAEGA?

The Android looked as fearsome as the man who presented it. His Dark body seemed to radiate a certain type of darkness that cloaked him and made him invisible in nearly any kind of light. His face was non-existent, his eyes either shielded, or simply not placed on what one would assume was his head. Every movement he made seemed to be done with perfect precision and timing, as if he was a walking metallic god.

The applause that resulted was deafening. Thousands of eager onlookers arose from their seats and clapped as hard as their overstuffed, bureaucrat bodies would let them. Each one no doubt given a little too much money then they deserved. Rather then spend their time on charity, these men seemed more interested in using money on less?noble causes.

?Always Remember That you serve me now?? The Dark clothed man spoke in a haughty tone of voice, ?You serve The Black Rhino?.?

Cheech
Apr 16, 2001, 12:52 AM
Ohh.... *claps* That's really great, my fanfic is going up tomorrow. =P