PDA

View Full Version : backup.

steve_murton
Feb 12, 2004, 07:20 AM
is there a wat to backup memory cards with my pso data on?

cause my chars are lvl 50 each and i dont' wan't to be corrupted again >_<. because it pised me of last time. so If I could backup then if I do get corrupted then i ca ut my chars back on the memory crad, you know what i mean?

VioletSkye
Feb 12, 2004, 12:52 PM
Last time I mentioned a memory card backup program the thread got deleted, so I'm not sure if the mods want it posted. I will say that to use it, you need to have a BBA and it only supports official Nintendo memory cards.

Rich_T
Feb 12, 2004, 01:39 PM
Tips opn avoiding coruption
if you play with more than one charcter spread them accross as many different memory cards as you can and share items between characters, if one gets corupted you dont loose the lot.
always use official nintendo memory cards these are less likely to corupt
if you only have one character, set up another character on a separate memory card, and give that Lv1 new character some items, also give it some stuff that will help it level up quick (lv200 mag, plenty of messata, decent weapon use able at a low level etc)

Schpitz
Feb 14, 2004, 01:25 AM
There are a few programs you can use with special cables that link up to the GC, but it's more trouble than it's worth. I'd recommend making decisions that stay the HELL away from corruption-bound items and characters.

Don't get on any of the HK members' badsides, cos most of them use Hex to do random acts of mischief. Also, watch out for obvious hacked items. If you're going to get a hacked weapon, you must think about the consequences of doing so.

Use common sense. It's actually worth it

steve_murton
Feb 14, 2004, 03:28 AM
riiiiight ok then...

VioletSkye
Feb 14, 2004, 01:23 PM
On 2004-02-13 22:25, Sigma7789 wrote:
There are a few programs you can use with special cables that link up to the GC, but it's more trouble than it's worth. I'd recommend making decisions that stay the HELL away from corruption-bound items and characters.

Don't get on any of the HK members' badsides, cos most of them use Hex to do random acts of mischief. Also, watch out for obvious hacked items. If you're going to get a hacked weapon, you must think about the consequences of doing so.

First of all I've never heard of these HK morons, secondly I seriously doubt they are using HEX to do anything bad online considering that a hex program itself can't be used online. The only thing they could "possibly" do is use a packet program to send packets to the sega server and even then its not going to do anything to anyone unless they were running their own server.

As for the hacked weapons, what consequence are you talking about? Except for a few items that are banned online (none of them weapons) all of the hacked items work fine and do not cause corruption.

As far as trhe programs are concerned ONLY the USB card uses a special cable. The other programs DON'T use any special cables and are actually extremely easy to use, so I'm not sure why you say they are more trouble then they are worth. I would think that being able to quickly and easily backup a char would be worth it. You need to recheck your facts slick http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2004-02-14 10:27 ]</font>

VioletSkye
Feb 14, 2004, 01:31 PM
On 2004-02-14 10:23, VioletSkye wrote:
[quote]

First of all I've never heard of these HK morons, secondly I seriously doubt they are using HEX to do anything bad online considering that a hex program itself can't be used online. The only thing they could "possibly" do is use a packet program to send packets to the sega server and even then its not going to do anything to anyone unless they were running their own server.

As for the hacked weapons, what consequence are you talking about? Except for a few items that are banned online (none of them weapons) all of the hacked items work fine and do not cause corruption.

As far as the programs are concerned ONLY the USB card uses a special cable. The other programs DON'T use any special cables and are actually extremely easy to use, so I'm not sure why you say they are more trouble then they are worth. I would think that being able to quickly and easily backup a char would be worth it. You need to recheck your facts slick http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif