PDA

View Full Version : just found a lavis...have a question

Spliffman
Feb 12, 2004, 10:30 AM
sup, I just found a lavis cannon from a del-d in ultimate ruins, a pretty good find by all accounts. What is even better is that a while ago I found the syncesta from a garanz in mines 2, but I am wondering wether to change the lavis into those blades? Is it a worthwhile transformation. I haven't tekked the lavis yet, I heard it doesn't drain your hp when you use the special that way.

Is the special more effective on the blades? Thanks

peace

Myopathy
Feb 12, 2004, 12:04 PM
From what I hear, there are a lot of advantages to not tekking you Lavis Cannon. The special has longer range, no HP drain, and it never misses. However, I think it really just depends on if you like dagger-type weapons or saber-type weapons. I think the special for the Lavis Blades is the same execpt it shoots it 6 times instead of three if you were to do a full combo with the special.

Auracom
Feb 12, 2004, 12:21 PM
On 2004-02-12 09:04, Ezellaur wrote:
From what I hear, there are a lot of advantages to not tekking you Lavis Cannon. The special has longer range, no HP drain, and it never misses.

Hmm its true that the Lavis doesnt drain HP to attack, but from what I noticed the range is the same. Also it is totally possible to miss with an untekked Lavis. The special on a tekked lavis does the same damage as you would do with a normal swing but the accuracy is brought down to what it would be with a special swing. Untekked Lavis however has the accuracy of a hard hit and does the damage of a hard hit.

I also noticed that with an untekked lavis you can't hit things in the air (ie. gees, canunes, traps etc.) I didn't play around with a tekked lavis too much but I remember disarming afew traps with it.

As for the Lavis Blades, go for it if you don't plan on getting another syncesta heh. If you like Daggers by all means make one. But you throw away a very nice special http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif.

(Oh yeah if you aren't sure about tekking the Lavis cannon/making Lavis Blades go offline and tekk it/make it. If you aren't happy with it just hit the power button.)

AND! CONGRATS! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Bibi2k4
Feb 12, 2004, 12:44 PM
Just one question:do you have to use 2 Syncesta on an untekked Lavis Cannon in order to get the Double Cannon or can you stay sometimes with the Lavis Blades and then get the final transformation??

SJ
Feb 12, 2004, 01:14 PM
Tekk unknown wep = Lavis Cannon
Add syn...(cant spell...) to Lavis Cannon = Lavis Blade
Add another syn.... = Double Cannon

heyf00L
Feb 12, 2004, 01:43 PM
You can add the Syncesta without tekking the Lavis Cannon, but all you get is a Tekked Lavis Blade with bad attributes (assuming you had some on the Lavis Cannon).

Daggers are pretty sucky on all characters but HUcaseal. All other characters have terrible push back and Lavis Blade isn't terribly strong anyway. But on a HUcaseal they are actually quite good. I use them a lot

Another good reason to make Lavis Blade is that tons of people now have untekked Lavis Cannons. I see them all the time these days. I never see people using Lavis Blade.

lain2k3
Feb 12, 2004, 03:54 PM
I've seen a couple untekked lavis cannons used, they were very accurate, and were hitting things up in the air (gees, recoboxes, canabins)

Spliffman
Feb 12, 2004, 04:47 PM
I went ahead and changed them into the blades. My character is a level 166 skyly hucaseal, and she kicks ass with them. They aren't quite as powerful as my red daggers, but the special at least has a use and it feels good playing with some blades I found legit and that aren't that common. I'm glad I walk the light path.......the darkside can't be very rewarding.

peace