PDA

View Full Version : Question 'bout using Arkz

JJ
Feb 12, 2004, 08:55 PM
I've already looked alot into this game and am awaiting its release in the US. I know that the Arkz game revolves around enemy cards. But then what purpose does your character serve? Does it even matter as to which class you are really ultimately? Will you even be trying to attack you opponent with your character using Arkz? This is what I really do not understand even through the various videos I have seen. I am interested in trying out Arkz first but If I won't be having much interaction with my own character, Its not really something I would want to do. No wonder everyone is mostly using Decks from the Hero side then...

PrinceBrightstar
Feb 12, 2004, 08:59 PM
The character you create are just avatars. you will be fighting with the story based characters. Those story based characters can attack along with the monsters they summon, but they have no protection like the hunters get from using weapons and shields

JJ
Feb 12, 2004, 09:11 PM
Yea thats what I meant... Like I know you have to use those story based characters. But I want to know how disadvantaged they are. Will an Arkz player be just running around with their character and not fighting at all? Letting the enemies do all the work?

PrinceBrightstar
Feb 13, 2004, 01:01 AM
You can make decks where they just sit back, or you can make decks where they attack. It's all in the strategy you decide to use.

Malkavian
Feb 13, 2004, 09:36 AM
Mostly you won't use your arkz character for attack. And for do that people normally choose Endu, Reiz or as another option Rufina.
Anyways it still matters which character do you use.
For example Creinu has the ability to heal 1 hp to all her enemies each turn. Something very useful in some tactics.
Ohgun halves damage from all attacks over 5 damage. That way he is good for berserk decks. He can be unprotected and still survive for 4-5 turns.

These are just some examples. And think that sometimes you fight Arkz vs Arkz. And you may need to attack the enemies from your opponent with the story character.

navci
Feb 13, 2004, 02:07 PM
And if you're like me, who plays crappily and have your cards destroyed a lot, you can use Rio. So by the time the enemy slaughtered your poor monsters and make their way up to you, at least you have some decent AP by then to destroy something and hope you get some monsters in your next draw. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Aunt_Betty
Feb 13, 2004, 06:46 PM
On 2004-02-13 11:07, navi wrote:
And if you're like me, who plays crappily and have your cards destroyed a lot, you can use Rio. So by the time the enemy slaughtered your poor monsters and make their way up to you, at least you have some decent AP by then to destroy something and hope you get some monsters in your next draw. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

That's a good stradegyAnd what do people prefer? Reiz moving or not?

Arislan
Feb 13, 2004, 07:36 PM
Reiz seems to be best suited for a Pan Arms/Duchich type deck, with lots of action cards that take advantage of her penetrate ability. Getting a 6 and smacking the enemy for 11 damage due to two Heavy Attacks is not something to be underrated.

Malkavian
Feb 14, 2004, 04:34 AM
On 2004-02-13 16:36, Arislan wrote:
Reiz seems to be best suited for a Pan Arms/Duchich type deck, with lots of action cards that take advantage of her penetrate ability. Getting a 6 and smacking the enemy for 11 damage due to two Heavy Attacks is not something to be underrated.

Sad is that getting a 6 with any other character you can use ap+3 or hp switcher with penetrate for similar results in a lot less risky deck.
I tried to made a good 1 vs Reiz deck. And finally I deleted the deck. Is like a hero that needs more dice to get ready and more dice to do nice attacks. And if they use that 4 cost def card that returns damage in 70% of times you are KOed yourself http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

For 2 vs with your mate doing something helpful for the deck combo it becomes more useful though.

eternalcking
Feb 17, 2004, 05:22 PM
well what i was going to do was just use a FO type arkz so even tho they cant use items they could still b strong in the techs to balance it out a bit

Alisha
Feb 18, 2004, 03:15 PM
hmn sorta offtopic but by any chance are you the JJ i knew on ver2?

JJ
Feb 19, 2004, 05:32 PM
If you are talking 'bout a FOnewearl named JJ yea... I've been off and on every version of PSO with different names. I havent used this account here on PSO World in the longest.

Alisha
Feb 20, 2004, 02:24 PM
ah cool i remember you had a fonewearl and racaseal

Orange_kid
Feb 23, 2004, 03:13 PM
Ok, so the fact that I will be a FO doesn't matter, because the story character will be the one doing all the fighting right?